“If you’re into health, comfort and great atmosphere to boost your energy - this is the perfect hotel!”

EVEN Hotel Rockville
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed 23 August 2014

What a great little hotel and amazing wellness concept!
I stayed here one night on business and as a Platinum Member of IHG, I am ranking it as high as one can.
Very high attention to details: from the very comfort beds to the super fancy treadmills at the GYM. From squishing your own fresh orange juice in the morning, to 6 or 7 different video channels in your TV room to guide you in your private room exercise (each room has perfect exercise equipment to include yoga mat, medicine ball, bands and more). You can’t find a better setting to refresh yourself after a day of work, or to get you ready in the morning for one.
I will definitely be back and look for the Even Hotels on my future travels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you my friend for the glowing review! We are so grateful for your shared time and reciprocated hospitality while with us – and then to take the time to share your experiences through Tripadvisor is icing on the cake (or fresh lemon citrus dressing on our kale salad). And of course, as a Platinum Member of IHG, thank you for being such a huge supporter of our company and rewards program!
The staff and I are thrilled to hear you will definitely be back with us again Ariad S. Until then, travel safe and be well!
Your Chief Wellness Officer

There are newer reviews for EVEN Hotel Rockville

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The place surrounds you with wellness from being active to healthy delicious food. The rooms have one of the best beds, even better than 5 star hotels. Well equipped gym and the rooms have exercise equipment such as bands, medicine ball, yoga mats and even TRX (can be borrowed from the front desk). No exec use for being sedentary

Breakfast is healthy and good.

Young enthusiastic team, always there to help.

As a frequent traveller, I hope that the wellness trend among hoteliers gets bigger and other major hotel franchises follow. But, if you are in the DC area, check out this EVEN hotel, you will be delighted.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

What an incredible introduction sentence for your review…“The place surrounds you with wellness from being active to healthy delicious food.” This could not have been written any better my friend (and I think I have a new favorite phrase in “surrounds you with wellness”).
It is so great when we have a true connection to our guests where they explored our offerings and then share back with us and others. This is exactly the kind of feedback and advocacy we need to keep pushing our industry and ourselves to bring wellness to the travel forefront.
Thanks again for allowing us to share our hotel with you and thanks for paying the experience forward to others! We look forward to having you back with us again soon.
Be well,

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Love the hotel, the wellness theme, and the comfort- the attention to detail and caring staff make it a true wellness retreat. Glory was amazing, jay made me feel at home, and for this I will be back! its a great home away from home

Room Tip: any room is great, its the overall experience that will WOW
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for the short, sweet and ABSOLUTELY PERFECT review Christina0630! This message will be so fun and inspiring to relay and post up for all of our staff to see (especially Glory and Jay).
We can’t wait to have you back at your “home away from home”!
Be Well,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here for a 2 nights stay on rewards point.

The hotel is focused on wellness and has everything you need for work-outs, etc...

Lots of organics and healthy food available in lobby area.

Huge GYM and also the room are equipped with a mini gym area that has everything you need for your daily routine.

Fridge are also included in the room and TV has 16 channels for every type of workout you can do with the in room equipment.

Washroom stylish and room very welcoming.

They even have a mood colour light to adjust to your needs, pretty cool.

Parking is 8$ a day and Metrorail just a block away down a gentle hill but they offer free shuttle to it and other area within 3-5 miles radius.

Restaurants, staying at this Even (Wellness) hotel, you kind of feel bad asking for restaurants but there are a few just south, 5 minutes walk including a awesome diner, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday's and a pancake house plus local food places. I found no other restaurants besides taht or further from the hotel so these are your choices or the healthy alternative they offer in hotel and they have place to sit.

Jack, the lobby/front desk person, was awesome in everything, he has great people skills and is very nice, will do anything to make your stay a pleasant one. Also has a great sence of humour.

The hotel is accesible, you don't need to be active to stay here but offers anything needed to stay active if desired.

I will go back when in the area again.

Room Tip: The hotel is located sideways to the Rockville Pike so any room is good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Luke S, what a great review! And before I dig into my response, thanks for being an IHG Rewards Member and selecting us to use your points! Our IHG Rewards Members will be a big part in our success as we continue to grow our brand!
You provided some really great information (glad you thought the mood light was cool!) and even took the time to call out one of our incredible team members, Jack, who is literally one of the best I have had the chance to work with and we are so lucky to have him. I’ll be sure he knows he was recognized!
It was really refreshing to have you state something so important for the readers on Tripadvisor, that you “don’t need to be active to stay here”, as we are all about balance and wellness when traveling, and that means so many different things to different people – and by travel purpose! Plus, you also calling out some of our surrounding restaurants (and even reviewing them!) was very important, because our active setting full of fun shops and diverse dining option is also a big feature for our guests to explore.
Once again, thanks so much for the review and glad to hear you will be back with us again next time! We’ll be ready and waiting.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This place is quite interesting. It focuses on 20-40 year olds (perhaps) who travel a lot, but are irritated by having to interrupt their exercise routine. Thus, it is quirky, and for us, not so family friendly. But we were happy to stay there: it is inspiring (I contacted a personal trainer back home when I stayed there), it has great service, is cheaper than some alternatives, is new and clean, and has a great location next to the metro (five minute walk to Twinbrook).

I can't say enough about the service. Everyone there is gung-ho and friendly. It is a less expensive hotel - don't expect a lot of perks. But people are friendly, and ready to help. For us, it was good value for a great location.

The exercise elements are interesting. For us - with two little kids - it wasn't so necessary. You turn on the TV (and they have a lot of channels, including disney), and you are immediately wished to the most encouraging exercise program available. They have several dozen 10 minute workouts for different goals and parts of your body. Pretty cool, if you're into that kind of thing.

The room was clean, and the cleaner was great.

Another nice touch: incanted water downstairs. They have three choices of water incanted with fruit, as well as ice water.

The downsides: no dresser (you can hang up your clothes in the closet, but it has no drawers)? no way to heat water (but hot water is free downstairs)? And the food is always healthy - that should be an upside, but with kids who like mac and cheese - maybe not so much.

But I really enjoyed it. And staying at more expensive places where you pay for stuff you don't use, they charge for freakin' wifi (the even gives it for free), and the service is usually not half as friendly - I give it a very enthusiastic endorsement.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and comfortable. Might want to be on the parking lot side, but we had no problem...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thanks so much for the great review and good information for Tripadvisor readers! It is so appreciated to see all of your comments that touch on so many things, from our convenient metro location, staff service, cleanliness and exercise programming to the free wifi and our incanted/infused water offerings!
But I have to say, the one thing I really want to call out from your message that makes me want to shout from our rooftop for joy is that you were INSPIRED! That right there is exactly why I love this brand so much as it hopefully not only helps to keep our travelers (and employees) on track, but actually inspires them to continue (or in some cases, start) on their wellness journey!
Hopefully your travels bring you back to us soon, but until then, please keep me/us posted on how your journey progresses!
Your Inspired Chief Wellness Officer

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room is split between a living/sleeping area and a mini-gym or workout area (no machines). Do not expect a suitcase rack, a hanging closet that is beyond 2 feet wide, a dresser, a sofa or love seat, or a coffee/hot water maker. We used the workout floor to spread some clothes, and got coffee maker for hot water, to avoid dressing up and running down (and pay) for some coffee or tea. There is no room service either. And, do not expect an American breakfast. Yes, the place is clean, nice, and the service is good. The missing room amenities are the problem.
So, if you come for a workout in your room, you may wish to stay there. If you come for a comfortable standard hotel stay for more than 1-2 days, you may wish to consider going elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dov C

A very sincere thank you for taking the time and energy to not only write this review, but to spend time sharing your thoughts with the staff and I here at the property over the past several weeks of your stay. Your energy and candor over that time certainly made you part of our family, so although we may not have been the perfect match for your long-term stay needs, we truly enjoyed sharing our hotel and hospitality.
At EVEN Hotels we took every effort and care to really discover - and then really deliver– the right experience for those seeking better balance and wellness when travelling. And from these discoveries and discussions with customers, many of the learnings called for some very unique and not-so-traditional design elements and amenities that you would not find in a typical, or ”standard” hotel. So, as you and I talked about during your stay, we were so glad you were happy with so many things about our hotel, but certainly understanding of your desire to have additional, more traditional items as part of your accommodations.
Thanks again for being with us and providing us with your thoughts and suggestions. We/I sincerely hope we have the chance to see you again on your next visit so you can continue to explore our offerings!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my 4 day stay at this hotel. I fell in love with the hotel concept. Well designed, simple and open. I want this hotel concept to succeed because I want to have this hotel in every city I visit.

The rooms were streamlined organized and spotless. I felt that I must be the target audience for this hotel because they have included everything I could ever want in a hotel stay.

My favorite aspects of the hotel; The open design of the lobby, complete with a living plant wall. the upbeat progressive rock music that was playing lightly In the lobby. The selection of fruit infused chilled water in the lobby. The healthful and delicious selections of breakfast, dinner and snacks and a machine to squeeze fresh orange juice. All this made it easy to be good to myself while away from home. I don't think this hotel is trying to brand themselves as "luxury" but to me there is no greater luxury than fresh OJ, and fresh fruit and herb infused water. Add the selection of preservative free snacks and I was completely at home. I would pay a premium to stay here over another hotel. Yet there rate is quite affordable.

The room design gave ample room for a personalized private workout station in the room. It was so nice to unwind in my room when I didn't feel like going to the gym. I stayed in the room and alternated my favorite shows with light excercises on the provided excercise ball and mounted post with excercise bands. Plus there were about 12-20 channels on the tv featuring videos of how to use the in room workout gear.

The bed was so comfortable that I peeled the sheets off to find out the manufacturer, because I want one!

The staff had a lot to do with how much I liked the hotel. It's clear that the staff are energized about working in a place that they are proud of. Each staff member I interacted with went out of their way to be hospitable. They are clearly happy and engaged in the service they provide. I saw the quick stand up meetings that the team chose to have outside. It was nice to see that the hotel valued the well being of the employees as well as their guests. That approach showed in the way that the staff took care of the guests.

I didn't take advantage of the great gym or the on-site trainer but it was nice to know that was available.

The free wi-if was a welcome perk. The $8 hotel parking fee is understandable since it's a well developed area so close to the metro transit train. The proximity to metro, shopping and some excellent restaurants make this a walkable hotel choice.

Because, I am local I will actually return just to eat breakfast here. This place gets 5 stars from me and all I want is too see more of these hotels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
RUNGMRUN, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

You just made my day! And when I share with the staff - you just made their day!
We are so thankful for you taking the time to write this review that paints such a perfect picture highlighting our cleanliness, open and energizing spaces, amenities and more. But, of course, the highlight for me was your description of our staff and their engagement, because we truly are so inspired and motivated by having the chance to share our passion for our brand and the promise of enabling wellness in travel!
So from all of us at “your new favorite hotel”, to you, one of our favorite guests, we can’t wait to welcome you back!