“Best Musaman Curry”

Good for: Child-friendly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Musaman Curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

I am rating soley on my Musaman curry (my significant other got peppery garlic beef also really good) & this place has the best I've found in MD/DC since I returned from Thailand. I read some complaints about service but we have dined in and taken out, and had a great experience each time. Every time we have been there (3 times/ dined in 2) it has been crowded and energetic.

New Orleans
“Average food, service horrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Service - HORRIBLE! TERRIBLE! I saw someone in another review said they were very unaccommodating, IT'S TRUE! Even the waiter (bald headed white guy) was very rude. We asked for more lettuce for the wrap because they gave us so little, and the server said he will see what he can do. Seriously? For lettuce??? I then see him go over to a lady (whom I assume is his boss) and they talk back and forth for awhile until he goes back to the kitchen and comes out with ONE LETTUCE! Let me add that the lettuce they use are small, fits on your palm. He puts it down, don't say anything and walk away. I tried getting his attention but he won't look my way but instead caters to the table next to me. Finally the table next to me sees that I been waiting and tells him for the nth time they are fine but they think I needed his help. I ask him if I can just pay for a plate of lettuce so I can get more, and he gives me the most annoyed face and walks away. He goes to the same lady and I can literally hear her saying things in an extremely annoyed voice like, "What??? We don't sell just a plate of lettuce! I don't have time for this, just give it to them!" And then he comes back with 3 pieces.

So I gave up on my hopes of having lettuce but at this point in time my table still did not receive the drinks. They gave us appetizers, no drink, and every time he came back about the lettuce issue, we reminded him of the drinks. When he came back with the 3 pieces of lettuce we asked him again, and THEN he finally got it. I wasn't too happy when we got our food either... it was average! The service was so bad that the table next to us noticed and commented to us that he was being extremely rude to us just for asking for more lettuce. (this is the couple that he tended so much to.) I seriously laughed when they left him a tip, some spare coins from their change. I still left him a 12% tip though...and that's the minimum I leave when I have bad service.

Food - Barely AVERAGE! Nothing special. You can probably make it at home if you tried.

Value - Price was average versus other Thai restaurants, but food quality and price didn't match up well for me.

Atmosphere - Well, it looked nice inside.

I seriously would NEVER go here again. It's just not worth it.

• Visited May 2012
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've gone here for lunch a few times and it has always been excellent. I always order off the vegetarian menu (usually the curry - yum!) and both the service and food are top notch.

• Visited August 2012
CA
“Excellent Food and ambiance !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Dinner for a group was on a weekend. Had Pod thai, Green Curry chicken, Panang Curry and Egg plant.
All were good.. Service was fast and very attentive. Portions are average. Fried banana with Coconut
Ice Cream was excellent. Pretty much all the items were 12-15$..

• Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unaccommodating and highly mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

When I told the waitress I had an allergy to peppers and requested another vegetable in my dish, she said, "Bell peppers are cheap, but other vegetables like broccoli and carrots are more expensive so we cannot substitute." You'd think they could have sucked up the cost of three ounces of broccoli for the sake of good business. The food was mediocre. I won't come back.

• Visited July 2012