“Friendly, helpful staff, pleasant rooms.”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Big Apple
“Friendly, helpful staff, pleasant rooms.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent a 3-day week-end there and found everyone to be helpful and friendly. We used the restaurant for breakfast and the bar in the evening. We were made to feel welcome and special. We would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear NYCJulia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our team to helpful and friendly and that we made you feel welcome! Also, it's great you had the opportunity to taste our food in the restaurant and bar. Thank you again, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Michael Anderson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is a gem. Beautiful location, fairly new and the rooms were beautiful. We were surprised at how clean and fresh everything was. The room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient and free. This is the best hotel I have stayed in, in years. A must if you are in the D.C. area.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be good..
Green Features: Great water use environment. Flow controls did not affect the comfort.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello jim8833,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that we are the best hotel that you'v stayed at in years! I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful location, clean, fresh, comfortable, beautiful rooms, outstanding breakfast, complimentary parking and very friendly an helpful staff. These are definitely reasons our guests continue to come back, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the D.C. area. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in town for the weekend to work at Shady Grove hospital (across the street). The location is perfect and the staff was delightful! I will be back in town over the next few months and will definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello josephbT9935FF,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during you recent business trip to Shady Grove Hospital. We appreciate your feedback, and it's great to hear that you found our location to be perfect and staff to be delightful, a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Rockville! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The front desk staff at check-in and check-out were warm and welcoming. They gave me a room on the top floor, which I had requested. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The A/C unit made a pretty loud humming noise. The only unpleasant part of my stay was the room alarm that woke me up at 6am, which was disappointing given I was here for a relaxing stay. Re-setting the clock alarm should be added to the maid's checklist. However, when I mentioned this at check-out, the staff comped me my buffet breakfast, which was delicious with made-to-order eggs and french toast. Altogether, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear indicatory_10,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that our front desk team was warm and welcoming, and that your room was clean with a comfortable bed. I'm sorry for the noise of the A/C unit, and I apologize for the alarm waking you up, especially when you were visiting us for some relaxation. We strive to ensure that all clocks are reset during our daily cleaning and inspection process, and I'm sorry that we missed the mark. I'm glad our team offer to take care of breakfast and that you found it to be delicious. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

north bergen, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really impressed by the generosity of the staff at Hilton. I got into a problem where my hotel was not booked as per my dates, but they way they accomodated me, it was awesome. Very nice staff and very professional.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Amit K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback,and I'm very happy to hear that you were impressed by the generosity of our team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Boerne, United States
Reviewed 24 May 2014

i usually stay at this hotel for all my trips to work with NIH and find it meets all of my needs for business with nice rooms, adequate business support and good food albeit a limited business. would recommend to any business travel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Cynthia D,

Thank you for returning to the Hilton Garden Inn Rockville for your quarterly trip to NIH! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that our hotel meets all of your needs with our nice rooms, business support and food offerings. We appreciate your recommendation, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Front Royal, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel was very clean, staff was very courteous. Guestroom was lovely, beds very cozy, shower was excellent!! Hotel restaurant gets a big thumbs down, overpriced, poor food quality, bar drinks extremely watered down. I'd stay at the hotel in the future but definitely order pizza.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Karla H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent visit to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our very clean hotel, lovely and comfortable rooms and courteous staff. I'm sorry that we missed the mark in the restaurant and that you found our food and drinks to be of poor quality. We strive to deliver exceptional experience in all areas of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I will be working with our Food & Beverage team to ensure that you and all future guests have a great experience in our restaurant! Thank you again for your input, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!