“Good choice for a family trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A cousin (who's good at these things) booked three rooms for a group of us for two nights at this hotel. It was a cousins' get-together, with people arriving from 3 different states.

Our room was very comfortable and clean. Once I figured out that my bed was a Sleep Number adjustable bed, and I got the mattress adjusted, I had a great night's sleep. The amenities were as good as I've experienced in other Hilton Garden Inn hotels.

The service at the front desk was always pleasant and efficient during our stay. On our last morning we had breakfast in the hotel. I thought it was good value for the cost, and saved us the time to drive around to find a breakfast restaurant before we all hit the road.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Toofargone,

Thank you (and thank you to your cousin) for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable, clean rooms, adjustable beds, hotel amenities, and that you found our breakfast to offer good value. Also, I appreciate your recognition of our front desk team, and I'm glad they took good care of you and your family. Thank you again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in February when it was constantly snowing. The rooms were lovely and cost at the time and nice to return to after being out all day.

The rooms were spotless, the bed was a massive king size with lovely soft pillows and bed clothes. There was also a flat screen tv and coffee and tea making facilities in the room.

I did think that the breakfast was a little expensive but at the same time it was all freshly prepared for you and plentiful. There are cheaper alternatives nearby if you feel it is too expensive.

Maybe it was because we were there in winter but the bar closed nightly at ten pm. I thought that with no where nearby it would have been worthwhile to leave it open for longer. Maybe summer time is different.

The staff in the hotel were very pleasant and couldn't be more helpful. There was also a free shuttle bus service to and from the nearest metro station which takes you into Washington.

There is also free parking available for those that travel by car and it is also close to the highway.

There is also an on sight indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Yogs70,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn rockville during our snowy February! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and found them to be spotless. It's great that you also enjoyed our many in-room amenities. I appreciate your input on the breakfast cost, but I am glad that you found our food to be fresh and plentiful. Our bar does close at 10 PM, but your feedback will certainly be taken into consideration for time adjustments. I'm very happy that our team delivered pleasant and helpful service, that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle and parking, and our convenient location. These are all great reasons our guests continue to return, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Rockville area. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent a 3-day week-end there and found everyone to be helpful and friendly. We used the restaurant for breakfast and the bar in the evening. We were made to feel welcome and special. We would certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear NYCJulia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that you found our team to helpful and friendly and that we made you feel welcome! Also, it's great you had the opportunity to taste our food in the restaurant and bar. Thank you again, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is a gem. Beautiful location, fairly new and the rooms were beautiful. We were surprised at how clean and fresh everything was. The room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient and free. This is the best hotel I have stayed in, in years. A must if you are in the D.C. area.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel would be good..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello jim8833,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that we are the best hotel that you'v stayed at in years! I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful location, clean, fresh, comfortable, beautiful rooms, outstanding breakfast, complimentary parking and very friendly an helpful staff. These are definitely reasons our guests continue to come back, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the D.C. area. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was in town for the weekend to work at Shady Grove hospital (across the street). The location is perfect and the staff was delightful! I will be back in town over the next few months and will definitely stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello josephbT9935FF,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during you recent business trip to Shady Grove Hospital. We appreciate your feedback, and it's great to hear that you found our location to be perfect and staff to be delightful, a few of the many reasons our guests continue to return. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Rockville! Thanks again, and have a great day!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The front desk staff at check-in and check-out were warm and welcoming. They gave me a room on the top floor, which I had requested. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The A/C unit made a pretty loud humming noise. The only unpleasant part of my stay was the room alarm that woke me up at 6am, which was disappointing given I was here for a relaxing stay. Re-setting the clock alarm should be added to the maid's checklist. However, when I mentioned this at check-out, the staff comped me my buffet breakfast, which was delicious with made-to-order eggs and french toast. Altogether, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear indicatory_10,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm happy to hear that our front desk team was warm and welcoming, and that your room was clean with a comfortable bed. I'm sorry for the noise of the A/C unit, and I apologize for the alarm waking you up, especially when you were visiting us for some relaxation. We strive to ensure that all clocks are reset during our daily cleaning and inspection process, and I'm sorry that we missed the mark. I'm glad our team offer to take care of breakfast and that you found it to be delicious. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really impressed by the generosity of the staff at Hilton. I got into a problem where my hotel was not booked as per my dates, but they way they accomodated me, it was awesome. Very nice staff and very professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Amit K,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the HGI Rockville during your recent business trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback,and I'm very happy to hear that you were impressed by the generosity of our team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Michael Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Upper Northwest
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#5 of 14 in Rockville

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!