“Homewood Tech Corridor Rockville MD”

Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very comfy, clean, and convenient location for a family weekend getaway with my granddaughters. Hotel amenities catered to the kids, pool, and kids play area. A variety of breakfast options available, some boiled eggs would have been nice. Plenty of parking. Shopping plaza, and community center with a large playground nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Deborah G
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Deborah G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during you recent weekend getaway with the family! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy to hear that your kids enjoyed the pool, kid's room and nearby playground. It's also great that you found our breakfast to provide variety and parking lot to offer plenty of space. I'm sorry we did not have boiled eggs, but I appreciate your suggestion, and it's something I will definitely discuss with our Executive Chef. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Homewood Suites are pretty much the same anywhere, some older, some newer. This one was just fine. We were in a 1 King Bed room, non-smoking suite. Staff we encountered were helpful and personable.The breakfast area was set up differently than we had seen before but was nice. The location off Shady Grove Road worked well for us and there wee plenty of restaurants nearby. If you like Greek, have the hotel direct you to Cava, great mezzze. One con, the Shower head could use replacing. It didn't work very well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wctrvlr
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear wctrvlr,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that you found our staff to be helpful and personable, our breakfast to be nice, and our location to be convenient. It's great you were able to enjoy some of the local restaurants, Cava is definitely an awesome place! I'm sorry you had some issues with the shower head, and we will address immediately with our maintenance team. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff went way beyond expectations to do everything they could do make our company's training go smoothly. We had every need and request met. The evening receptions were nice. The breakfast had enough variety that everyone could find something to enjoy. The rooms were quiet, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Vickie L
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Vickie L,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent business trip to the area! It's great that your company selected our hotel for their hotel accommodations, and I'm very happy to hear that everything went smoothly. We always strive to accommodate every need or request, and I'm glad you and your colleagues enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening reception, and that you found our suites to be quiet, clean and comfortable. Thank you again, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We searched all over the DMV for our daughters 10th slumber birthday party. After about ten calls, I reached Sapna who was by far the friendliest and most helpful with planning the event. Upon arrival, Sapna was actually working that night. She graciously help me settle in and took the time to help me plan dinner for the girls..The party was like clock work...we used the pool for approximately two hours. The best thing about this place is the onsite life guard who reminds you of a childhood teacher or neighbor. She took no nonsense from the screaming girls - which I may say made it less stressful on me... Watching the girls from end to end was a breeze with her help. After we departed from the pool, the pizza delivery arrived like clock work... We watched movies on the DVD they provided & helped to set up for a nontechnical mom! Popcorn & cake/ice cream sundaes galore! The next day we enjoyed the breakfast buffet! The hit was the waffle maker. The girls loved preparing their own waffles...there was a bridal party staying there at the same time & other events, but not once did we feel inconvenienced... Bravo! Thinking of coming back for a stay without the kids- if we can find a deal! :-)

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ssam612

Dear Ssam612,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Rockvillr for your daughter's 10th Birthday! We really appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that Sapna took great care of you. I'm glad to hear that our hotel worked well for your event, with our heated indoor pool with lifeguard supervision, complimentary DVD player for movies, and complimentary hot breakfast with a make-your-own waffle station. We are thrilled that our hotel helped in creating a great experience for you and your daughter, and we'd be happy to accommodate you again with our without the kids in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our family had a great three night stay here over the past weekend. The rooms are roomy and inviting, the service is excellent, and the complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. Because we stayed on a weeknd the rates were quite reasonable. Very close to I-270, but not close enough where you hear the traffic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick B

Hello Rick B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville during your recent family trip to the area! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I'm very happy that you enjoyed our roomy and inviting suites, excellent service, delicious complimentary breafast, reasonable rates and convenient location. These are definitely a few of the many reasons our guest continue to come back, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

They got it right at this Homewood suites. My new "go to place" when in this area. I was warmly greeted by a professional and well trained front desk girl, the room was beautifully decorated and well kept, I was able to open the windows a few inches, the shower had glass doors not the cloth shower curtain, beds had nice linens and lots of pillows, the dinner and breakfast were fresh and better than most Homewood suites...this is a place you can spread out in for a short or long stay. Hilton garden inn and Homewood suites are attached and share the parking lot. I have stayed at HGI a few times as that is usually less expensive...but I like this Homewood suites better. There is not much in walking distance...you pretty much have to jump in your car for stores and restaurants but there is a small modern shopping plaza very close by. I disagree with a previous review about the bed being too firm...it was one of the best hotel beds I have slept on in a while....but you can't please everyone all the time with that. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shersei

Dear Shersei,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville! I'm very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and that you found our front desk team to be warm and professional, room to be beautifully decorated and comfortable, beds to be comfy with our linens and many pillows, location to be convenient with a shopping center next door and easy access to restaurants/shops in the area, and complimentary breakfast and dinner to be fresh. It's also great to hear that you found our beds to be one of the best you've experienced. We greatly appreciate your recommendation, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the Rockville area!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was hotel #2 for my daughter and I this past week.

Hotel was clean, bathrooms were spacious, it had a kitchen, the parking in some spots was well lit...

Now my huge complaints... The bed was so hard that I hardly slept and would dread going to bed at night. After 4 nights of sleeping on their bed I was in such pain it was ridiculous. The a/c is not strong enough to cool this room. All of the other Hilton Homewood Suites I've stayed at have had 2 a/c units in the larger rooms.. plus that lovely energy saver that shuts your a/c off when there isn't movement..we were dying at night.

This morning we went and had the complimentary buffet.. To each their own, but I was not impressed at all. Yesterday my daughter and I sat with some friends who were staying next door at the other Hilton (that's hooked to this one). While they had their breakfast... They said their beds were very comfortable.. We opted to wait on breakfast because I didn't was to pay over $11 per person.. However everything they came to the table with looked pretty good.. I guess it's a toss up with which place to stay at.. One with a kitchen or one without..other than that I actually would redo the trip and pick the stay without a kitchen for a comfortable bed.

I was upset that the guy at the front desk who checked me in told me the a/c would not cut off in the middle night, because I had complained to him about my experience at the Courtyard Marriott (he was the one who recommended the hotel)..

We also had some issues checking in..he told me the travel agent that my daughter's lacrosse was with canceled our room the night before, after addressing it with the travel agent they even told me they had my reservation set for the night before and they shouldn't have canceled the reservation for that night.

I really was not impressed with this Hilton Homewood Suites..and a good bit disappointed with the entire stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
fallsgroveteam, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Nicole H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Rockville. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean, rooms to be spacious and parking lot well lit. However, I'm sorry that you found our beds to be hard, causing pain and little sleep. We strive to ensure that our guests enjoy maximum comfort, and I'm sorry that we failed to provide that for you and your daughter. I apologize that our A/C units did not cool the room properly, and that our HVAC system functionality did not help with your already uncomfortable sleep at night. Our system is designed to provide each guest with their desired temperature, and I'm sorry that we failed to deliver the comfort that our guests expect and deserve. I do appreciate your feedback, and we will certainly address this issue in your suite to ensure it is resolved. I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed with our complimentary breakfast and that you experienced issues upon arrival. We are committed to providing an exceptional overall experience to all of our guests, and I'm sorry that we failed to do provide that experience for you and your daughter. Your feedback is important, and I appreciate your input as it will certainly help us to improve. I hope you will give us another try if you are traveling to the area in the future, and allow us the opportunity to impress you. Thank you.

Michael Anderson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#6 of 14 in Rockville

Been to Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!