“Disapointed”

Ranked #36 of 416 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: The original pizzeria experience; a simple and honest place to enjoy traditional Neapolitan pizza without making it a serious occasion.Have a glass of Italian wine or Aranciata with your pizza, play a bit of free foosball with your friends and enjoy a full menu of salads and local, old-fashioned ice cream.
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We went with friends that told us that pizzas were excellent. Maybe we did not choose well but definitively not sure to try again this place.

1  Thank PA_AUDE

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I asked when I ordered and they said the pizza crust was really thin and crispy. So make sure you check it when you pick it up. I don't make a habit of opening the pizza and checking it before I get it home.

It turned out to be so soggy we had to eat it with a spoon. And it was very cold. They told me thirty minutes, and I was there in 20 something minutes, so it shouldn't have been sitting around, right?

The toppings seemed fresh, like the artichokes and cheese. The sauce was sunken in to the wet pizza so we couldn't really tell how it was.

The thing is, for the price, it was a very SMALL pizza.

Here is the good thing about the place: the guys who work behind the counter are really great...friendly and fun. I don't blame them for the mediocre pizza, but I won't go there again with so many pizza places around.

1  Thank NYRita2011
Ankur R, Owner at Pizza CS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Traditional Neapolitan Pizza, while thin, is not meant to be crispy. I'm not sure which employee of ours you spoke to on the phone, but apologize if they led you to believe our style of pizza is crispy. They all are trained to explicitly tell guests not to expect a crispy pizza.

If you would like to learn more about the style, please visit our website or google: "what to expect at a neapolitan pizzeria?" to see a great post on the Serious Eats blog.

While we do offer takeout, our dough contains no oils, sugars, or additives sothey tend to cool down very quickly. Coupled with the fact that the crust steams itself in a box, they can get quite soft when taking them home. The best option for taking out is to plan to reheat it in the oven before enjoying it. That all said, our pizzas are best enjoyed while dining in and we hope you'll give us another shot.

Best,
Ankur

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had 3 Pizza and 3 Soda and that came up to almost $50.00. the kids menu is about $7-8 for just a pizza.

The service was great and the employee were just fantastic, the pizza was good. I expected a much better pizza for that price.

This is one of the places that you should go just to satisfy your curiosity.

1  Thank Amir D
Ankur R, Owner at Pizza CS, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

A Kid's cheese pizza is $6.00.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Good tasty pizza, good choice of toppings, friendly service. Best pizza we have had in Rockville or Bethesda. Just wish they would offer a non wheat choice (or GF) choice of crust.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I went here for lunch and I was surprised by how empty it is. Pizza CS is a gem of a place. Great NY style pizza, cool ambiance and friendly service. They had a great lunch menu and some awesome ice cream too. The staff were very friendly. I did think the service was a little slow though