“More cute than interesting”
Review of Quench

Quench
Ranked #289 of 411 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Maryland's Best New Restaurant award winner for 2013 and "Best Cocktails" award winner for 2014 as named by the Maryland Restaurant Association! Quench features artisan cocktails and modern American cuisine using local ingredients when possible, and served in snack, small and full-plate sizes. While eating, drinking and socializing at Quench, our guests experience the comfort of a neighborhood bar, mixed with amazing design elements, an attentive staff and incredible food prepared by our Chef (Ed Hardy, long-time sous Chef for Marcus Samuelsson) and cocktails. We have a dog-friendly patio -- the biggest and best patio in town -- and live music fills our room every Friday and Saturday night.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“More cute than interesting”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had lunch there and the food and service we OK but not significantly better than many lower rated restaurants. Since I had work to do in the afternoon I was not drinking form the long drink list. I this is the best Rockville can do then I'll continue to eat elsewhere.

• Visited January 2014

Leesburg, Virginia
“Good food but cold temp”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Had lunch in a group of 5 on a Tuesday in mid-Dec. Walked in at opening at 11:30; each person ordered something different. Each dish was fine & tasty. The room was very cool from the start, somewhat uncomfortable even with a vest or sweater or jacket. Music sound level was higher than comfortable for conversation but was lowered twice upon request. For more than an hour we were the only patrons. Upon finishing around 1pm the temp was a little higher but maybe only because the air circulation seemed to be off - not a warm & cozy lunch place that day.

• Visited December 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Cute little resturant”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We ate here on a Friday night around 7. We had a reservation, and our table was waiting when we arrived. Having lived in Baltimore for several years, this restaurant reminded me a lot of the restaurants in Hampden - small/modern/eclectic. The service was fine, nothing extraordinary. The food was a bit above average. We shared the pretzel snack, which was quite good. I had the macaroni and cheese and added chicken, which turned out to be a deep fried chicken breast on top of the pasta. Now I love fried chicken, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Still, the entree was tasty, large, and very filling. My husband had the grilled cheese, also very good. It is a little expensive, but not outrageous. Overall, a fairly average experience. We'll probably be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Overrated. Not sure how this is 3rd popular restaurant in Rockville.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We visited Quench this evening after reading reviews. We were very disappointed and likely won't return. They had no celery to serve with wings so we ordered the Rueben Dip - of which they had none available. The third choice of a salad turned out to be good, although some ingredients that were listed seemed to be missing (nuts). My calamari was served as a stew in marinara sauce - not at all as expected. A bottle of yuengling lite beer was $5 (not exactly happy hr prices). Musicians were coming in as we left so I assume entertainment was scheduled for later. Patrons seemed to be a wide mix. Waitress was nice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HappyValley1000
Potomac, Maryland
“Great cocktails”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went here for dinner in August. A Wednesday around 7:30. Was not packed inside and sat in nice couch area to have a cocktail to wait for table outside. It took at least 15 min for anyone to come over and then they seemed distracted and even annoyed when asked any questions. Ordered 50 Shadez of Grey cocktail and waited at least 10 min for it to arrive. Dining companion had that and a Sex in the Burbs later. The 50 Shadez was yummy. Seated outside at a wobbly table. Waitress was super nice, but service was slow. Orders consisted of crispy chickpeas and goat cheese dip for appetizers. Chickpeas were good. Goat cheese appetizer tasted like someone had been really heavy handed with salt. The crostini was so hard it was inedible. I have had many goat cheese appetizers or variations of it, because it is something I enjoy, and this was one was not something I would order again. Entrees were Maryland crab roll and duck tacos. Dining companion said tacos were good. The Maryland crab roll was terrible. I am a lifelong Marylander. Crab is everywhere on menus. The seasoning was so heavy I just gave up even trying to eat it. I love Old Bay. It was not Old Bay. It tasted like someone had dumped a container of salt on it. I don't know what was going on in the kitchen and if this is normal for their food, but I let a Groupon expire without going back because of this experience. I would return for cocktails...and use of the original Groupon value...and hope to have a better experience with different food choices if I dared eat there again.
I have seen some scathing replies from Quench's owner to critical reviews of their menu. These actually made me reconsider my original choice to try Quench out. I am glad I did. Cocktails were great, though pricey, and it has a nice atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013