“I didn't get food delivery because driver couldn't read english”
Review of GUI Lin Restaurant

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
sivlamt
“I didn't get food delivery because driver couldn't read english”
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I believe the food to be good. If customer service is low on your list, I encourage you to grab a bite from this restaurant.

I ordered delivery one evening and was told that the driver's english wasn't good enough to punch in a code at my front door so I could buzz him into my building. The restaurant called me many times to say the driver couldn't get it. Then asked me to go out a pick up the food from the delivery person. When I said I couldn't I was repeated asked why. I told the caller I had a health issue and that I shouldn't have to divulge that much information for a food delivery.
What kind of service is this?!

I am appauled that a business would purposefully send out someone who can't read or understand english well enough to conduct the transaction

VA
“Are we talking about the same restaurant?”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I'm absolutely shocked at the negative reviews on this site. I have discovered GuiLin restaurant two years ago and loved the place since. This is the most authentic south Chinese/Hong Kong cuisine you'll find in DMV bar-none. Granted, most of reviews' compliant about the relatively longer wait and comparatively higher prices are true, but the food is exceptional and well worth your time and money. The problem is people need to adjust their expectation about this particular Chinese restaurant. Unlike many dime-a-dozen places out there, GuiLin chef actually make the dishes from scratch so it takes longer. Also Cantonese/HK cooking stresses freshness of ingredients, and GuiLin delivers but at an slightly pricier menu. If you're just looking for an average Chinese take out, then by all means goto the Michael Noodle place around the corner but if you're ready for a sample of the famous Cantonese/HK cuisine there's no substitute for GuiLin.

silver spring, md.
“fantastic food”
Reviewed 13 March 2008

I recently dined at the Gui Lin Restaurant, for the first time and the food was fantastic. The Chinese style roast duck was crispy, juicy and done to perfection. The steamed cod fish was excellent and the vegetables were so fresh, it was as if they were just picked. The service was adequate, polite and fast but not great. However, the hostess was very pleasant and checked on us numerous times to make sure everything was okay. I will definitely be back!!!!!

Rockville MD
“Terrible Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 February 2008

One of my freind recommend to try this call " traditional' HK food restaurant , but after one meal on last Sunday, It is terrible .

First , the serive is terrible, we have to wait for 10 minutes to have some one that is bring our ice water . Because we stayed in hotel, all left over food we could not bring home, so , 3 of us order one soup and 2 meals, the waitress like is keep asking is it enough? and try to push us to order more.

Second, when the food comes, I was disppointed, their face steam chicken still has some blood in the meat . we told the waitress it is bloody . She did not appolized anything, just take it back, and bring the same dish back after 5 minutes.

Third, the price is average $3 more per dish than the average chinese restaurant . we never mind to spend money to enjoy good food, but the service and the food from Guilin restaurant is just not worth.

The noddle house in the coner of the same shopping center is a better choice.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is OK, service is VERY slow, particularly during lunch, which is not optimal if you need to get back to the office...”
Reviewed 11 November 2007

Food is OK, service is VERY slow, particularly during lunch, which is not optimal if you need to get back to the office in an hour or less.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook