“Not bad but nothing special”
Review of India Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
washington, dc
“Not bad but nothing special”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Got take out from this place after returning home from a trip and having no food in the house. The food was decent (we were starving) and reasonably priced. Wouldn't seek it out or take out of town guests but if you're nearby and don't feel like cooking it does the job.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Was expecting more”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nice and I guess an OK value, but was expecting something great after seeing review in Washingtonian. Haven't made an effort to return, but it was certainly fine.

Visited June 2011
Montgomery County , Maryland
“Amazing vegetarian buffet !”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Cannot speak highly enough of the great folks over at India Grill.
I ALWAYS get the perfectly mildly spiced all you can eat veggie buffet which always includes more then one dessert at dinner (most nights 3!) Save Room , You won't be sorry
My favorite night to go is Sunday :)

Maryland
“Good value buffet, but the menu is FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I dine at the India Grill about 3-4 times/month with my husband. The buffet is an excellent value and it's mildly spiced to appeal to a wider audience, but the best dishes are in the a-la-carte menu. One can request them with three levels of spiciness (mild, medium, spicy).
Every single dish I tried there is excellent and served in very generous portions. The place is not fancy, but it's pleasant and the service is very friendly. When I'm out of town for a while I end up CRAVING the food there!

I decided to write this review after a couple of years I've been going there because last night I witnessed one of the most amazing things.
Two people ate at the buffet (didn't even get drinks). When they finished eating they asked for take away trays and went to fill up the trays again at the buffet.
At the moment of paying, they complained outraged because they were charged an additional (one only, although they BOTH took food to take away) buffet.
At that point they went to get "more non-bread food, since we paid for it".
Talk about being cheap. Come on, it's a "ALL YOU CAN EAT" buffet, not a "all you can carry out of here". And it's just $10.
They didn't even leave a tip.

I was surprised by the nice attitude of the manager about this. I was a patron and I felt like kicking these people out!

• Visited August 2011
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Indian Buffet is a delicious bargain that keeps us coming back.”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I have eat dinner at the India Grill at least twice a month since we stumbled across it 6 months ago. It's a real find. It has an interesting looking menu, but we've never tried it - we come for the buffet of both vegetarian and meat dishes, plus of course the naan, raita, usual condiments, and rice pudding and gulab jamun for dessert. If you're supposed to eat your vegetables, there is no better way to do it than Indian food, and this buffet always offers a wide variety (saag, lentils, eggplant, okra, zucchini, etc.) in a variety of preparations and spices. And in addition to the tandoori chicken, you generally can choose among three meat dishes (chicken, beef or occasionally lamb) prepared in a variety of curries or other sauces. Each time we go, we are happy to see several of our favorite dishes again, along with one or two new ones to try. The chef is particulary adept at blending spices - if I had a complaint, it would be that at least some dishes could stand a little more zing.

This place is located in an unattractive strip mall looking out on the parking lot. The interior, not at all fancy, is pleasant nonetheless, as are the wait staff and manager. Lassis and massala tea (a very good one here) also are available, at extra cost.

If you want India-chic (which can be nice at times), this isn't it. But if you are looking for a wide variety of good Indian food all in the same meal and at a very reasonable price, you should try the buffet at India Grill. I think you'll agree with me.

• Visited July 2011