“Nice, new property...”

Sheraton Rockville Hotel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently finished a stay at this property, and had a really good experience. The rooms are spacious, the bed was remarkable, and the bathroom was well appointed. Try to stay on the club floor (SPG Members) and take advantage of the free beverages, snacks and morning breakfast.

Since I travel so much for business, I didn't seek out too many other amenities that would be child or family friendly. On a side note, you have to travel off the beaten path for non-chain restaurants. I'll definitely plan on returning when in this market.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here while celebrating my birthday in the Rockville area. It was quiet away from the hustle and bustle of the city. My room was clean and the bed was comfy. My favorite part of the stay was the indoor pool and hot tub. It was peaceful. My husband and I had the opportunity of enjoying some time alone in the hot tub and pool area so, that was a bonus. The front desk staff was pleasant and professional, and check in it was fast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel about 10x. Usually club floor - I'm a Starwood Gold Member. I have not been impressed w/ the check-in process - wide variance in quality of the associates. I have also not been impressed with the overall cleanliness of the property - particularly the common areas.

On the positive side, the exercise room is solid and breakfast on the club floor is pretty good. I know they are renovating, which is good. I might try it again after they renovate, but management should really look at the other areas I mentioned.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear KNBP,

First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

I would like to personally talk to you so together we can come up with a solution. It would be my pleasure to show you how much you are valued as a guest and Starwood Preferred Member. Please feel free to contact me directly at (stacy.smith@sheratonrockville.com) so that we can look further into your experience.

Best wishes and Happy New Year,

Stacy Smith

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel since we are starwood preferred members and are usually huge fans of Starwood.

What a disappointment!!

First we were woken up early in the morning by a generator which apparently gets recharged weekly for a half hour at 9 am. The room was actually shaking!!! Why 9 am and not during the day when people are not sleeping? And it is right above the top floor rooms - the club level rooms. What a way to treat your "frequent" and supposed "best" customers!

Then we go to the pool with our kids at 10 am and find out the pool is closed weekdays from 10 am - 5 pm. The front desk tells me that this is because it is not a "family hotel" but rather a business hotel. They had no problem taking my money when I told them we would be 2 adults 2 children. Lastly, the lounge had no water available so I had to go downstairs at night to get water that is usually provided to club level. And no fruit or snacks which are usually there throughout the day.

All in all a horribly disappointing experience.

I will stay at the Marriott Washingtonian Center from now on!!

Stayed: December 2013
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

First, I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. I would like to clarify we are a family friendly hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We are communicating with the staff that you came in contact with to improve this impression. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I see this was not your experience and I agree with your view of the level of service you have received.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I decided to visit a friend last week during thanksgiving weekend. I picked this hotel based on its brand reputation and its location. Overall it’s a somewhat nice stay, but I left with mixed feeling about Sheraton afterward.

This hotel was undergoing renovation when we check-in. We stayed in Rm 310. The interior design firm was showcasing their design in the lobby, so I could tell the room just renovated. Our room and floor was clean and fresh. Bed was comfortable. Sheets and linens were clean. Since it’s holiday weekend, it’s dead quiet during our stay. Lots major office complex nearby, so I could not confirm it would be the case during regular weekday stay.

Bathroom was spotless and housekeeping did a really great job keeping it. However (here goes…), the design and the SAFETY of it was what got me really disappointed at Sheraton.

The toilet of our room was positioned so close to the wall and against its toilet paper holder, my wife and I had to (not joking) sit side-way on that toilet, and both of us are considering average in physical Asian size. I scratched that to poor design and didn’t make a fuss about it until the unbelievable thing happened.

The tub’s shower curtain rod fell on my while I was taking a bath and adjusting the curtain. The rod was not secured with an anchor inside the dry wall. So with a little force, it will get pulled out completely. I also found out that the tub’s faucet was not secure to the wall either. The whole faucet and shower head wobbled and moved while filling water in tub. Although the housekeeping showed up and fixed the rod shortly after I called it in, I don’t know how this room passed its safety inspection (if there is any), but clearly that bathroom is not safe for elderly or young children.

I showed the following picture I took about the rod to front desk staff when checking out next morning. The staff apologized sincerely and offered us free breakfast at their restaurant. We thankfully declined since we tried to beat the holiday traffic returning home. Then it hit us, a hotel like Sheraton doesn’t even offer complimentary breakfast?!

Huh, for the same rate, maybe we will stick with Best Western Plus next time.

Room Tip: Asking for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Max L
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Max L-

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry you experienced a deficency in your guest room during your stay. We have resolved the issue and ensured the rod has been property re-installed.
It is always our goal to ensure our guest safety and satisfaction. Should I be able to assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Philip Smith, General Manager

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The walls are very thin and you can hear EVERYTHING your neighbors are up to in the nearby rooms and hallway. The shuttle service is spotty and unreliable, not to be depended on. We were told the shuttle would pick us up in 10 minutes and 35 minutes later we walked. Shuttle picked us up as we walked 2 blocks from hotel finally with no comment from silent driver. Many other hotel choices in the Rockville area. They are currently renovating but that will not help the thin walls or shuttle. Usually happy with Sheraton stays elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Grabes
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your experience as we always like to get feedback both good and bad. A good stay starts with receiving everything you expect from a clean crisp room to being greeted by well trained staff that put the guest comfort first. You can be sure we will address your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectation and for the impression you had as you left our hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. I would also like to apologize the shuttle disappointment and silent driver. We are communicating with the staff that you came in contact with to improve this impression. We aim to provide exceptional guest service and exceed your expectations. It is our goal that every guest’s journey with us leaves them feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I see this was not your experience and I agree with your view of the level of service you have received. I would like to personally talk to you so together we can come up with a solution. It would be my pleasure to show you how much you are valued as a guest. Please feel free to contact me directly at (stacy.smith@sheratonrockville.com) so that we can look further into your experience!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The entire staff was incredible-- from the General Manager to the kitchen staff were so helpful. They made sure that our stay was the best. Every request was handled quickly and in a very
professional manner. We stayed at this hotel for a week and the rooms were very clean and extremely comfortable.
About the comment entitled "Construction even on weekends".... how do you expect to upgrade a hotel without construction? There was a sign at the front desk stating that there was construction in process. I know that if anyone had a concern the hotel would be more than happy to move someone to a different room. This hotel was agreeable to anything to make our stay the best.

Room Tip: The hotel provided shuttle service to movies, shopping malls and to the Metro. So if you fly in you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HotelRockville, General Manager at Sheraton Rockville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Margaret,

We are delighted you have enjoyed your "Sister week getaway "experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences. We look forward to seeing you and your sisters again.

Since the Holiday's are approaching extending a warm Happy Holidays to your family from your Sheraton Family!

Best wishes,