Sheraton Rockville Hotel
US$125
Very Good 4/5
Sleep Inn Shady Grove(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$160
US$144
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsclub levelfrench doorsking farmbusiness travelerbed was very comfortablesmall roomwi fishady grove metrofront desk staffhotel shuttlefree parkingbusiness tripdc areaking roommetro stationlifeguard on dutyindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2009

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. Before I went, I did a little research online and was a little apprehensive as to what to expect. Somone had mentioned the toilet keeps running. I experienced that the first night and it got to the point I called the front desk. They didn't have a plumber on site so she said he'll be in after 7am. I didn't expect a knock on my door in the morning ~it was before 8am!
I was surprised he came over to check it. He fixed the issue for the most part. I only had to lift the lid a couple more times during my stay to get the plug aligned. The iron board is a little flimsy, so you'll want to make sure it's set up solid & secure before putting your clothes & iron on.
Overall, I had a pleasant stay. I forgot they had free shuttle to the Metro on the week days - I took advantage of that on the 2nd day I was there. Staff was nice. I didn't eat at their restaurant till the morning I left. They had a lovely brunch with a special Memorial Holiday pricing. It seemed a little hectic but quality of food was decent.
I liked the flat screen. The Showtime channel stopped working the night before I left - asides from that, it was all good.
I would totally recommend this hotel!!! It would be a total plus if the rooms had free wi-fi (they only offer that in the lounge)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I stayed in this hotel on a return trip to the DC area to visit friends. A special, and quite reasonable, rate was offered.

The hotel was not difficult to find and the checkin staff were pleasant and efficient. My room was large, comfortable, and well appointed.

For two of the three days I was there, I took breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The staff are efficient and very friendly, but the setup is peculiar. A reasonably priced buffet is offered on some days, but on others you have to resort to the menu and this is expensive.

A couple of other negatives have to mentioned. Parking is limited and the hotel's proximity to I-270 means there is some traffic noise. Outside rush hour, however, the latter is not too bad.

On the whole, then, a positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2009

The Rockville Sheraton was our base for visiting D.C. for the inaugural "festivities" on the Mall. I was a little leery of our accomodations based on some of the TripAdvisor reviews, but with the lack of available rooms over the inaugural period, we figured we take out chances. The Rockville Sheraton turned out to be great place to stay. The front desk was very accomodating, the restaurant was offering free appetizers around the dinner hour and the hotel provided a terrific shuttle service to/from the nearby Metro station. Moreover, the room was spotless. I'm EXTREMELY skeptical of the TripAdvisor reviewer who claimed to have found bedbugs in their room at this hotel. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Our family also enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank czb_JerseyShore
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Very nice, modern hotel but we had a few problems that this hotel needs to work on. When I booked the hotel, the reservationist said we could have a rollaway in the room. When checking in, the young man at the desk was very rude. We asked about the rollaway and he said, "we never put a rollaway in a room with two double beds." I wish someone had told us that ahead of time because we have two daughters and the double beds were very small. Yes, double beds not queens. The temp was wrong on the shower, good thing I checked it first so my children didn't get burned. The hot was cold and the cold was hot, fixtures were installed wrong. We stayed on the club floor and the food area was very messy, a used room service tray sat on the counter for our entire stay, my children even thought it was gross. We had breakfast at the restaurant and the service was quick and friendly, good food but overpriced. Our server was a kind man from Africa. The front desk attendant the next morning after check in was a sweet, young lady who gave us directions to a local Target. We were taking our daughter to a leadership conference at the Bethesda North Marriott but they did not have rooms available the first night for family. We should have stayed there, Bethesa North Marriott is a beautiful hotel, great service. My daughter had a wonderful experience there.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I have stayed at a number of hotels in the Rockville/Silver Spring area for various family events. This is easily the nicest of the hotels we've stayed in. This property was relatively new (2 years or less) and a number of the other places we have stayed in seemed tired and faded. The rooms and beds were nice. The shower in my room was excellent and the broadband worked. The lobby had a nice fireplace with wireless working in the lobby. The gym was perfectly nice. Like most of these hotels, it is in the middle of a suburb and you have to drive to anything. We'll stay here again.

The only problem was the restaurant. My wife and daughter went for breakfast and paid $5 per cup for coffee and another $15 for two poached eggs and toast. To make matters worse, the service was pretty poor. My wife said she had to ask for everything individually (e.g., napkins, silverware, soy milk for her coffee, for which she had to ask several times). No tragedy. Just skip the restaurant as a Starbucks and lots of restaurants are in short driving distance. If hotel management reads this, I suspect you should take a look at whether you could make significantly more money from a restaurant whose prices are comparable to local restaurants and by training the waiters so that you don't have to ask repeatedly for basic service.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family