“My recent stay at the Best Western Plus, Rockville Hotel & Suites in Rockville, MD”

Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is the hotel of all hotels. This location is in my top 3 of the best hotels that I've ever visited. The pleasant stay that you will endure, starts at the front desk with the reservation specialists. They are very courteous, kind, pleasant, endearing, personable and most of all professional. The onsite restaurant is great and serve delicious meals. The bartender is one of the best I've ever encountered. His name is Josh and he possess the skills that one should possess. He also possess a great personality in dealing with people. The location is also convenient to I-270, easy on and off. The room that I had was immaculate. I purchased a suite that I fell in love with as soon as I entered. A good size room with the bedroom separate from everything else. The bed was so comfortable that I knew I was going to have a wonderful nights sleep. Clean bathroom, clean carpet is a must. I was very satisfied with the entire visit. If you're in the area this is the place to visit. The parking facility is also humongous. I drive a tractor trailer so I need a lot of space.

1 Thank Edward J
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Edward, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so very lucky to have such a great staff. They really do care about our guests. We get countless compliments about our front desk team daily. You are right – Josh is just great. He will do anything to keep our guests happy. I have already sent him a note of thanks with a copy of your review and copied his boss.

We hope to see you here again soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
Grayville, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My family came to this area for a medical study I am involved in. Very minimal amenities, but served our purpose as a place to clean up and sleep. Hotel room, staff, and service were fine. However we were accused of smoking in our room upon check out! My husband smokes, but I do not. Needless to say this was a very unpleasant experience on our part. I have 16 more nights to stay in the area over the next 6 months but this experience will prevent us returning to the Rockville Best Western.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Michelle, thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your stay… including what you liked and what we could have done better. I’m so glad to hear the hotel served your purpose for your visit for your medical study. We have many guests stay with us because of our prime location to world class hospitals including Johns Hopkins and NIH. I hope when you stayed, you requested the patient rate as we have a very special rate for NIH as well as rates with many of the area hospitals.

We take our guest feedback very seriously. As a matter of fact, it was at the request of our guest comments that we became a smoke free hotel. You mentioned that your husband smokes. Just to be clear, is your concern that we were not clear that we are a smoke free facility? If so, I don’t know how that could have happened, but I’m truly sorry. We do our best to be sure all our guests are aware of this policy by taking the following steps: mentioning it to all guests at check-in, have guests sign the statement that is printed on their registration card at check-in, placing non-smoking plaques in the rooms and on the guest room doors.

Trust me when I say, bringing this topic up to guests is not something we enjoy. We work very hard to keep our hotel smoke free as it’s a promise we make to each of our guests and we want to deliver everything that we promise. If our team was the least been unfriendly when we broached this awkward topic with you, I’m very sorry about that. We want you to be happy. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me personally via this website.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you everything we have to offer… and at a great rate. If you choose not to return, we all wish you the best on the rest of your medical study.

Hawley, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel should have been prepared for the storm. Handicap spaces were not plowed out. Even when we left in the morning the plow guy was there and when we got back there were piles in the spaces. Food ran out in the restaurant and sometimes it was cold. If tried to get answers about things from staff they didn't seem to know and when asked from manager he didn't seem to care.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lori D
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Lori, thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback. I’m so sorry we did not meet your expectations. As you can see from other reviews here, we get glowing feedback about our hotel and our great staff. We really do have a great team here. We have a third party that handles our snow removal. Unfortunately, it’s not always possible for them to “angle in” to clear individual spots that are too close to parked cars. Such was the case with the handicapped spots on the date we received nearly 12” of snow overnight. Because of this we shoveled out many of the spaces for our guests on our own. While we did do this, our first goal was to shovel out those guests that were already in the parking lot, allowing them to leave for the day if needed. As it is our parking lot, at the end of the day it is our responsibility to keep the lot clear. I’m sorry it took longer than you would have liked for us to shovel out. However, there were plenty of clear spaces adjacent to the two handicapped spaces we provide for our guests and the ramps were the first thing our team cleared away.

We are more than used to the heavy snow in the area, and with all due respect we do prepare for them. We had members of management stay overnight to be sure we had extra manpower, our team worked around the clock to dig out our guests’ cars and we actually received many great comments about going the extra mile. We even offered free rooms to those in the office parks close to us that could not get home and did not budget for this. We feel it’s all part of being a good neighbor.

We actually did have plenty of food for our free full American breakfast buffet. However, with guests “trapped in the hotel” by the snow storm, many opted to take food from the breakfast bar to put in their in-room refrigerators for later. This did cause a few spurts to the breakfast bar, and a few times where it took a little longer to replenish. I am so very sorry you had to wait while we replenished the bar.

I hope you will give us another chance to show you the type of service that keeps our guests coming back time and time again. Stay warm!

Frederick, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Excellent overnight accommodations if you live outside DC and need a place to stay over. Not close to Metro, but if you are driving, it is next to 270 exit before the split. And hot breakfast (eggs, potatoes, meat, waffles) included with continental items as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your very kind words, Catharine. If anything we should be thanking you! We really have the best guests in the world! Getting caught in a snow storm is never fun… and especially when you are not in your own home. We are always amazed at how many great comments we receive from our guests after snow storms, commenting about how well we handled everything and how we kept everyone, safe, warm and feed. It’s what we do. Thank you so much for noticing … and for giving us your feedback. Technically we are less than 2 miles from the metro. We couldn’t have been prouder of our shuttle drivers as our free shuttle service was back up and running just a few hours after the nearly 12 inches of snow well on our area.

Tacoma, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The room was wonderful, internet connection was fast and constant. I work out of town a lot and I have to use the internet. Best Western Plus kept me connected. Me wife and I needed the rest after a week long visiting different family members cross country.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Ruben, thank you so much for your glowing review. I’m so happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with you about Internet connections. These days it’s so important to stay connected with work, home, friends and family. Guests also enjoy the fact that we do not charge for WIFI.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed 9 February 2014

All of the staff is wonderful, and we particularly appreciate the front desk staff. Shuttle transportation to the Metro station is very helpful (it is nice to not have to deal with the traffic or parking downtown). We love staying here.

Room Tip: loved them all!
Green Features: separate trash bins for recyclables vs trash -- wonderful
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Nancy, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We really are a hidden gem. We are truly lucky to have a team that really cares about the service they provide. I agree with you about driving in the city – and so many of our guests also prefer to take advantage of our free parking and free shuttle to the metro.
We hope to see you here again soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, pleases like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Matthews, NC, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Best Hotel for the dollars. Felt I was in a hotel that would cost much more. Temperature outside was 6 degrees, so it was great to have a restaurant inside the hotel for a dinner meal. the staff were well informed and helpful to make mapquest prints for our trip to the court house that was near. This was an overall great hotel at this price point and I really recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Harper, thank you so much for your kind words! To be honest we hear that from many of our guests – that we have a great value for all that we offer. That said, we never get tired of hearing it. We are lucky to have a great team that really cares about giving great guest service and it shows.