“Return Shuttle Service was bad” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
United States
“Return Shuttle Service was bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel itself was good for the price. The shuttle service they provide is good as far as going to the metro. The return service was awful. The person that you call to get picked up barely speaks English and took me several calls on both days to get picked up. The third day, I was so frustrated that I used a taxi to get back. $10, to get back and well worth not dealing with the night shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joshua A
AlexRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Hello, I am sorry to hear that your experience with our complimentary transportation shuttle was not satisfactory. We provide training and do our best to find the best employees; your feedback helps us in this regard. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to serve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Everything was very nice except for the watery scrambled eggs every morning. We did not have any children with us so we don't know about the kid's activities. We never used the pool or laundry facilities but at least they were available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AlexRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Hello, and thank you for your feedback. We take pride in providing the best possible service to our guests and that includes our food presentation standards. Please accept our sincerest apologies on the state of the eggs. Perhaps the attendant was a little late in managing that dish and eggs are tricky - we try to keep ours just right by being watchful - and making them not too dry for the buffet style setting. Come back again and let us have the opportunity to serve you - we'll get it right or make it right for you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked this hotel for 4 days on a business trip. Looking at the prices, online pictures and reviews, it looked like a good deal. I paid $160/night for an executive suite. When I entered my room, I was shocked to see stains all over the carpet, the furniture was old, rusty and stained and lights were not working properly. I called the front desk, they did not apologize or anything, just moved me to another room which was no different. I am warning everyone, don't trust the pictures online for this hotel. They are extremely deceiving. There is NOTHING executive about the executive suite. I cancelled my booking the same night, and moved to a better hotel in the area. And guess what ! The receptionist never asked me the reason for cancelling or if I was dis-satisfied. No expressions, no apology, absolutely terrible customer service.

Also, the hotel had a lot of shady people in the lobby and outside area. I would recommend to stay away from this hotel. Don't waste your money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HNegash, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Iwki
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am shocked to learn about experience. Our suites are renovated not too long ago and as you can see on previous several guest comments, we get a lots of great feedbacks in regards to the cleanliness of the rooms and outstanding customer service. I would like to apologize if that didn’t happen during your stay. Up on reading your comment, I myself went up to the rooms you mentioned above and were not able to find any stain on the carpets. If possible, please give me a call. I would like to learn more about the issues you have experienced.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our stay at the Best Western Plus was very good, as always. Our space was roomy, well furnished and neat. The staff attention was superior. We had a good view from our suite. This is our accustomed experience at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind words, and glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so very lucky to have such a great team. They really do care about our guests and it shows. We get countless compliments about our team as well as in room amenities in daily bases. I have already sent a note of thanks to the staff with a copy of your review.

Broomfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Have stayed here often and have had a great stay every time! Great value. Customer service is excellent! Breakfast is average. My only complaint is their sleeper sofa. You can feel the springs and it was miserable. There only available fix was to put extra blankets on the mattress, so if you are planning on the sofa sleeper, forget it, go somewhere else. I was here on business and brought my family for a mini vacation. We used 2 rooms and needed the sleeper sofa. Everything was fantastic except for that. There regular beds are very comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. our primary goal is to provide comfort, consistent guest service and a great value. That said, we never get tired of hearing it. We are lucky to have a great team that really cares about providing both clean room and great guest service, and it shows.
Akron, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was very pelased with the staff and amenities of the Best Western Plus of rockville. The shuttle service to the metro station was so convenient for this traveler who was not used to the area. Staff were very accommodating. I would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the Kind words! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the fact that we offer consistent amenities throughout all our rooms as suites. We hope to see you here again soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend along with a hotel full of soccer tournament kids, and school groups visiting DC. One night I called the front desk 3 times because of the noise and slamming doors but nothing was done. I would think for $143 a night that the front desk at the very least could come up and quiet them down or how about this for an idea - call their chaperons and have them take care of it - but neither was done. It was not just one night it was every night except Monday (Memorial Day). On the plus....the bed was comfortable and pillows were good. Bathroom was small and no place to put anything. I didn't hear any outside 'road' noise - could be because there was so much noise in the halls. Breakfast was good and a step above most hotels. It was really a treat to eat off of real plates with real silverware - not plastic.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor at the end and though we could not hear the elevators - again that could be...