“My go to hotel for Rockville”

Courtyard Rockville
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed 29 July 2011

So, there are like 5 different Marriotts in the area but I always chose this one. Admittedly, the Washingtonian is a better location and is more upscale but I just really like this courtyard. The staff is always great, rooms clean, etc. Now they have a restaurant and bar in the lobby which I have had very good luck at for food. I also love getting a Chai Latte in the lobby before I head to the office. They have televisions, wifi and electrical outlets very accessible throughout their lobby and dining area. I just really like this place. If the beds were as nice as the upscale marriotts, I would give it a 5.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2011

This was absolutely the best night's sleep! My family loved it for the one night that we spent there and will definitely do it again! Lots of places to eat within a couple minutes and we truly enjoyed the visit.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 8 July 2011

It is a nice and clean hotel and we were automatically upgraded to a king suite with minifridge and microwave. Pool was closed in winter. Bathroom is kind of outdated and small.

We use our marriott rewards points and same 10,000 were deducted when we stayed at Courtyard in Puxi, Shanghai. I'd say the one in Shanghai has way better value than the one in Rockville. Though in Shanghai, you have to pay extra for internet services and we only stayed in a room not a suite.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Room was very clean and modern. Air conditioner was controlled by a thermostat on wall and worked great. Did not use pool or hot tub but others in our party did enjoy. Front desk staff was very pleasant. Would definately recommend!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Pretty much what I expect in a Courtyard. Nice clean rooms and property, Bed was comfortable, bath worked well with plenty of hot water. AC worked great and they were in the middle of a heat wave with temps of 98 degs. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good parking and seemed like a very safe area.
Not a lot of restaurant choices nearby, but I do recommend the Hard Times Cafe for burgers and beer. Fun place with good food.
The restaurant in the hotel is eh... nothing special and over priced. Breakfast there is OK but dinner looks poor. I only had breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2011

When I arrived, I had trouble identifying the main entrance because it was more clearly marked with the name of the restaurant inside than the name of the hotel. When I walked in, it was also incredibly noisy and the front desk workers were all chatting, so I had to ask if I was in the right place. Everyone was friendly, though, and I got checked-in quickly. My room was in the back (as requested) and felt a little unsafe as there were many doors leading to the parking lot. People piggy-back through locked doors too much for me to feel 100% safe. The room was outdated but comfortable... I wish I'd at least had a fridge as I was staying for business for several days. And/or a microwave? I liked that the sink was outside the bathroom, but wish the entire room had better lighting. No matter how many lights I used, they were never bright and always in the wrong place. Hard to do makeup in a dim mirror. The bathroom was fine: small and dim, with no hot water. Luke-warm water does not make for a refreshing shower. I liked having a balcony and the large flatscreen, but wish the desk was a little easier to use. There were plenty of outlets, all in the right places, but the desk was just too narrow and I hate the pullout ones on wheels. There was a comfy sitting area and plenty of storage space. Location-wise, it's very convenienet off I-270, but there is an unfortunate lack of nearby gas stations. Be sure to ask the desk for directions as you'll waste gas driving around trying to find one yourself. I also wish there was a little pamphlet or something with nearby attractions... but perhaps there's just nothing of interest nearby. It would at least have been nice to have a map with the closest metro stop included in the room. I also wish there was room service but I'm not so lazy that I can't get up and walk to the noisy lobby for dinner, even if I was tired after driving 6 hours to arrive at this hotel. Overall, it was nice, just not a standout hotel to which I want to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2010

JUst what we were looking for. Perfect location for us; spacious clean rooms with good sized bathrooms. Hotel facilities perfectly adequate, nice breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple