“Never again...”

Courtyard Rockville
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
“Never again...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ugh!!!! I will give hotels the benefit of the doubt and point out positives where possible.. This hotel truly has no positives.

My daughter and I were once again on the road for a lacrosse tournament and ended up at this hotel. I did not originally intent to stay at this hotel, however due to issues with a travel agent canceling my original reservation just down the road... I was referred to this hotel by the Hilton Homewood Suites. I have to admit since the Hilton recommended this hotel (because there wasn't anything available at the Hilton that night).. I figured it couldn't be a bad hotel..WRONG!!

The room had a very strong musty smell, you could hear your neighbor..so I'm sure our neighbor could hear my daughter and I laughing at times.. The bed very hard.. The a/c was on one of those energy savers, so it shut off in the middle of the night since there wasn't any movement in the room.. We could hear the highway traffic from our room..the water from the sink had a really strange smell and made brushing teeth very difficult..I would NOT even get a sip of tap water before heading to bed.. The hotel felt damp and smelled like it had moisture throughout the halls..the parking lot is not visitor friendly either..it's very dark and due to location and lack of property security, you're likely to have your car broken into... BYPASS this hotel if you can..

If it's your only choice of a hotel.. Well you'll at least have a roof over your head.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Nicole H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We are unabashed Marriott fans and we stay here every time we come to visit friends in Rockville (we used to live in Rockville). The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the lobby is pleasant. The best part is that they are two minutes from Il Pizzico, one of the best Italian restaurants in Maryland.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was a great location right off of the interstate but still in a quiet area. Our room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The lobby had very nice seating to enjoy a meal and the hotel had a bistro in house. They had nice outdoor relaxing seating to enjoy on a beautiful day. There was also seating on our balcony to enjoy the nice breeze! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return the next time we travel in the DC area. Also the price was great for the area!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the center of the hotel! I think it's even numbered rooms that face the center...
Green Features: I think that it was fine - I didn't mind using my towel more than once!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for less than 12 hours, only because there was no availability at surrounding hotels. The was a odor in my room, dirty carpet, and trash on the floor of the closet. The property advertises that they recently renovated, however that is NOT the case. . the only items in my room that were updated was the TV (with very limited channels) and the sick counter.

The icing on the cake for the kids that ran the hallrooms.

This property is a misrepresentation of the Mariott brand.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, be sure to avoid the rooms by the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
I want to first apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I believe that I had the opportunity to speak with you on the phone regarding the issues you experienced, and offered additional housekeeping services as well as rewards points as compensation for your inconvienience. I do apologize that your room was near the elevator, however as you stated our hotel as well as the other area hotels had no availability. We happily transfer rooms for guests that are unhappy with the area of the hotel they are in if we have the availability. We did have a complete rooms renovation that was competed in early 2013, and many of our guests are very pleased with the update. I apologize again that it did not meet your expectations.

If you have further feedback for me or my team, please do not hesitate to contact me as we are always looking for ways to make our guests stay pleasant and enjoyable.

Thank you agian for your feedback.
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a nice hotel located just outside of DC in Rockville MD. It was clean and easy to get to and had a restaurant on site called the Bistro that offered decent food as well as the option to just take it back to your room. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable with a large flat screen TV and free HBO. For two nights we payed only 170.00 and that included everything. Cant say anything bad about this nice hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was really nice!
Green Features: I agree with everything that this facility is doing to make the environment as its current practices reflect that.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 17MikeD
Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. We work very had to ensure our guest have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and I will be sharing your experience with the team.

Thank you for staying with us and I do hope the next time you are in the Rockville area we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Safe and happy travels!
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here during a weekend trip to Washington DC. There were two adults and three children in a suite. Called and requested an interior facing room, after reading a few of the reviews. We did the stay for breakfast rate, with 5 people it worked out well for us. The room was large enough to unfold the sofa bed and a rollaway bed, and still be able to move around. The king bed bedroom was spacious as well. We had great experiences with all the staff we encountered, all were polite and accomodating. Swimming pool was a little small, but the kids still enjoyed it. I thought the price was a good value, when compared to other hotels in the area that charge for parking. Also, the Bistro breakfast was better than the complimentary breakfast served at any other hotel I've stayed at. Location was good, not far from Metro or Washington.

Room Tip: As others said call and request an interior room. They face the courtyard, so we had no noise issues...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank comic_book_nerd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here very recently and we got the 3rd floor in room... (I forget!) But anyway when we walked through the hallways it smelled like smoke an vomit. When we got to our room it was the worst room we've ever stayed in! It smelled like smoke and vomit, the beds were so uncomfortable, we couldn't stop coughing, and we found a cockroach on our balcony! We immediately checked out. The staff was wonderful but the room was HORRIBLE! If you love smoke, cockroaches, vomit smell, and coughing, this hotel is the best hotel for you! Otherwise take my advice, DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BrandonMarkowitz
Erin A, Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Mr. Markowitz,

I want to first apoologize for your experience, during your stay with us. We work very hard to provide a clean and comfortable environment for all of our guests, and I do apologize that you experienced the issues stated in your review. We are very proud to offer a non-smoking environment for all of our guests, however there are times when some guests choose to ignore this. For those guests there is a $250 cleaning fee, as we have special treatments for the rooms and areas that may be affected. We also work very closely with an outsourced pest control company, and have not had previous complaints regarding pest issues in our rooms.

I am currently researching these issues, so that we can move forward with corrective action, but was unable to find your reservation. I would greatly appreciate discussing this furthuer with you, so that I may pinpoint the room/area of the hotel you stayed in. If have the opportunity to contact the property (301) 670-6700 to speak with me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for you feedback, and I do hope that we are able to speak personally.