“Ben T Family Reunion”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Ben T Family Reunion”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I hosted a family reunion in the Maryland area and the Red Roof Inn was the host hotel. The rooms are completely renovated, very clean and have a modern upscale look. I enjoyed the stay for the weekend and so did my family. The cost for what you recieve is excellent as well. The front desk team (Kellie and Shirley) were extremely nice and made my stay very pleasurable. Look into the Red Roof in Rockville if you want value, comfort and convenience!

Room Tip: Excellent Value!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Benjamin T
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome comments-We will share them with our team members.It really was our pleasure to host your family. Again, thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stay here if you are in a pinch/bind/desperate/. I was. It was either stay here or sleep in my rental car. The rental car was cleaner btw. My room was prepared by "Julie" and didn't have towels. The bathmat was stained and gross. (It's called bleach people! USE IT!) The tub had either not been cleaned or not been updated. Thank goodness there is a dollar store nearby. I cleaned my own bathroom out of necessity. The bed linens were wrinkled and the rug needed to be vacuumed. I was not sure if my door locked so I put the chair in front of it just in case. (Not that it would have helped.) The A/C didn't work well. The thermostat said 68 degrees, but the room was pretty hot and humid. Like I said, I should have slept in the car. I had booked the room for one week based on the location, reviews, and price. I left after one night. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here.

The remodeled decor was nice. I like a more modern decor, so this was a plus. And it had a laminate floor which at least could be cleaned properly by Julie, but I don't imagine Julie takes any pride in what she does based on how my room looked when I checked in. It also had a flat screen TV, but it only got a few channels. The wi-fi is a complete joke. If you have work to do or even need to get on the internet to find another hotel because you will want to leave as soon as you get here, good luck with that. I ended up just going to Nordstrom and having dinner and using the internet. I wish I could have slept @ Nordstrom too!

Be careful to review your bill carefully because in my room they try to charge you for a safe you don't use. I made sure they took off the $1.50 charge.

Overall, this is NOT the worst place, but only stay here if you are unwilling to sleep in your car.

PS - Women should be sure to park as close to your room as possible and bring pepper spray because the parking lot is not well lit and this hotel does not attract the best crowd as it were.

Room Tip: Staying @ another hotel is the best way to get a good room @ The Red Roof Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. L...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank GodFreeLady
Thank you for taking the time to make of us aware of your concerns-i would like to start by offering you my sinerest apology-I will not make any excuses for my team members. It is very clear to me that" We did not meet your expectaions"..Again, thank you for the feedback-it will help us to improve on our commitment to our customers.
South Salem, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for three nights over the Labor Day weekend. Our downstairs room facing the grass courtyard was quiet, clean, and comfortable. It had
a mini-fridge and microwave. The free wi-fi worked but was NOT high-speed and eventually we stopped trying to use it. Be careful: the water can get scalding hot. There is no smoking in the rooms and there are places outside to discard cigarette butts. However, we observed that most smokers just threw the butts on the grass or over the balcony from upstairs. In a high-price area, it was a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KenMyrna
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor-being a good value for the money, is very important to us.We have finished most of the renovations on the property and will continue to improve our product. Again, thank you!
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one week while in town. The staff was friendly the rooms where very clean. My A/c did not work when i first got there so they put in a brand new one. Ill stay there every time im in town. Only down side was no fridge or micro wave. Nice flat sceeen tv's but only 12 channels.

Room Tip: I got a single king but they have doubles
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank keith f
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome review...We are so proud of our new rooms. Working on getting more channels-) Thank you for staying with us

Shirley- Claudia and team..
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The rating I gave because my usual expectation of a low budget motor inn/motel is pretty low, and this motel was very clean and quiet, the free wi-fi worked very well :) and the beds were comfy. They are renovating right now, but we were never bothered by noise even though we slept until 9am each day. Staff was personable, location convenient. The price was right, both through Expedia and directly through Red Roof Inn. I expect that after the renovation they will get even more good reviews.

Room Tip: The way this motel is situated, many of the rooms should be relatively quiet. We had a 2nd floor ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JudyGE
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule-we really do appreciate the feed back..
Seattle
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Rockville, MD during the recent power outage, despite being local. 3-4 sweltering nights were more than I could take, so I treated myself to some air-conditioned goodness. According to the website, the property has been renovated, and while the lobby's definitely a work in progress, the room was a nice surprise, with an attractive wood floor. Price was a bit steep, although it was around the 4th of July and nothing is ever cheap in the DC area. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton and didn't need to be. Instead, it was clean, quiet, no bugs, and I got a good night's sleep both nights. I wish I'd stayed here when arriving in the area in May.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dlugatch
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Sorry for the late response...it was great to see you had a positive experience-during the renovation the lobby was truly a work in progress. I would love for you to drop by to see the finish product. Again, Thank you!
Waddington, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Air Conditioners did not worri in either of the 2 rooms I stayed in, and it was in the 90s.

The guy that worked the front desk was nice enough, but apparently the only person on staff at night? I went to the front desk around 9 pm to a sign that said "Be Right Back"...

Rooms were not clean.

I did like the upgrades to the rooms, but not attended to well enough, dirty, and A/Cs were from the 70s?!?!?

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business