Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
US$201
US$152
CambriaHotels
  • Pool
EVEN Hotel Rockville(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$144
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn Shady Grove(Rockville)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$217
GardenInn.com
US$183
US$165
All reviewsfront desksuperior kingpremium roomroom was cleanmetro stationshady groveshort driveironing boardwould stay here againeasy accesscoffee makerwashington dcrrikellypropertyfrigrates
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We are in between residences so have been here for over a month. During that time we have found the Front Desk Staff, especially Kellie, to be top notch. The housekeeping staff are very responsive to requests and keep the rooms up. They are pet friendly and at no additional cost, which saves quite a bit compared to other motels in the area which claim to be pet friendly but add up to $25 per pet per night extra! For the most part, we have gone through a third party to book our rooms, which when available is quite a savings over standard room rates. Only negative is even though the rooms on this property are 100% smoke free, it just means the guests that do smoke stand out in front of the rooms, causing more noise and secondary smoke through air conditioning units.

Room Tip: Standard 2 bed rooms,do not come with frig or microwaves, so longer stays might need to upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan J
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to here that this home away from home. We strive to make every guest stay an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to let Kellie and the other staff members know how much you appreciate them and post your nice comments for them to read. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Close to highway and Shady Grove Metro. The hotel isn't very fancy, but they have done a nice job updating the rooms to feel contemporary with the flooring, fixtures, and furniture. Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review . We appreciate your comment about the upgrade to the hotel . I will also let staff know how much you appreciate the quality and cleanliness' of our rooms. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was our second Red Roof in in 3 days, and they couldn't have been more different. We used this hotel as a last minute overnight for convenience and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is clean and well kept. The room was quiet and sleeping was comfortable. We got the reservation through a discount service, so the value was even better than expected. Don't be afraid to use this property when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear how we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn and look forward to your next visit in Rockville!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

For the final night of our 2400+ mile road trip, my husband and I chose RRI because of its pet-friendly policy and proximity to the highway. I had made an online reservation, and confirmed a late check-in.
Upon pulling into the parking lot, we encountered a young man standing in the middle of the road, who would not move out of the way even when my husband rolled down the window and asked him if he was ok. When I entered the lobby, there were several young people (under 21) milling about, each on their phones. It was disturbing to say the least (it was already near midnight), but they made no move to allow any privacy during my check-in. I informed the manager of the young man outside, and someone was sent to check. Also, the clerk at the desk seemed quite agitated (with me? the teens?) and told me that I had reserved a handicap-access room, which was the only room available -- not being in a wheelchair, why would I choose this room??? What.ever. - it was late. The room was ground floor. When we entered, we found the room spacious enough for wheelchair access. The very large bathroom was fitted out for handicap use, but provided not a single place for toiletries.
However, the biggest issue we had was with the a/c unit, which was very dirty and the front was falling off. To lessen our inhalation of (???) during our stay, we placed a damp towel over the unit while we slept.
This particular RRI was a disappointment, both in poor customer service, and faulty room maintenance.

Room Tip: no idea :(
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmokieBr

Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take service very seriously and will do all we can to prevent these issues in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was overall a pretty nice room, but as the toilet backed up repeatedly I had to down grade the review. I had to get a plunger at the front desk to make the toilet flush all the way. Other than that it was a good room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.