“Fantastic Find with Great Location Best Budget Hotel in DC”

Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Find with Great Location Best Budget Hotel in DC”
Reviewed 31 August 2004

I travel to the Washington area on business virtually every week arriving on Monday and leaving on Friday. Due to a limited travel budget I generally stay at budget chains such as Motel 6 and Days Inn, these hotels have proven to be run down and usually in challenging neighborhoods. When I arrived to check in at the Sleep Inn Shady Grove for my first stay back in June I was stunned. The staff was friendly and professional, the rooms clean, comfortable, modern and well appointed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast they provided. Each room has a small refridgerator and there is a microwave in the dining area. This was very convenient for preparing in room meals ( a nice thing when you spend four nights a week in a hotel. The biggest challenge I faced was that I could not get a decent connection to the internet through dialup and did not want to pay for the hotel's wireless service. Also I would have liked a better channel selection on the cable TV, this was surprising as the Motel 6 I had previously been using had full basic cable and HBO. I will point out that these are minor problems given the value of the hotel which was as nice as some mid-scale downtown hotels. I regret that the summer is over and I won't be able to continue staying at the hotel as it is now priced beyond my travel budget. If I was able to stay at the same rate I've been getting through the summer I would continue to use the property.

• Stayed August 2004, travelled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
North Troy, Vermont
Reviewed 24 August 2004

For $45/night (at DCRooms.com), I wasn't expecting much; but what a surprise! Check-in was very easy (William at the front desk was really helpful), and there were Crape Myrtles in bloom everywhere. The room was pleasant (complete with refrigerator and iron/ironing board). The outdoor pool was nice, too (but doesn't open 'til noon). Breakfast was OK, unless you're on a low-carb diet. Access from I-270 (Shady Grove exit) was only a minute away, but the hotel is set back in a quiet court and I couldn't hear the traffic from my room. I'd go back, even for their regular low rates.

3 Thank Topher54
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 June 2004

This was a great hotel. Mostly because at DC Rooms.com I got a great rate! For 45.00 a night during peak season. We stayed 5 nights and it only cost us 252.oo with tax! O.k., the room only had a shower, no tub, BUT... the room was very clean, fairly large, and had a refrigerator (but nothing special) they also have an outdoor pool. Oh, yea, they have a pretty decent continental breakfast too. The hotel staff was very polite, professional, and accomidating. The hotel is right next to the Shadey Grove Metro station and is only a 20 minuet Metro ride into DC and is in a very nice suberb. There are shops and lots of resturants nearby, and a movie theater. Overall it was a great value for a simple traveler.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Rockville hotels
Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
Radisson Hotel Washington D.C. - Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#6 of 15 in Rockville
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sleep Inn Shady Grove

Property: Sleep Inn Shady Grove
Address: 2 Research Ct, Rockville, MD 20850-3211
Region: United States > Maryland > Montgomery County > Rockville
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Family Hotel in Rockville
#8 Business Hotel in Rockville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Sleep Inn Shady Grove 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn Shady Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn Shady Grove Hotel Rockville