“comfort and excellent service”

Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
brasilia
“comfort and excellent service”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The hotel is located in front of the subway station Twenbrook. Therefore, it offers easy access to Washington DC and airports;
The breakfast is excellent and very varied, but the price is not included in the rates of the hotel and must be paid separately.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We are always happy when our convenient location to the Metro line works out so well for a guest's stay. Keep in mind that we do offer a Hilton Bed and Breakfast package, which includes special rates and complimentary breakfast for two. We hope you'll book with us again at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

During the Polar Vortex that hit much of the country recently, I was in a situation at work where I had to be at my office extremely early. Rather than leave my early morning commute up to chance--after all, the news was making the arctic cold out to be the worst thing ever--I decided to play it safe and book a room.

I've worked across the street from this hotel for the better part of a year and never once set foot inside. In fact, my company used to book us at the now-closed Holiday Inn that was across the street.

On the night of my stay, I walked in and was amazed. It's unassuming from the outside, but inside is a whole different story. It's a square building, with rooms around the perimeter. The middle is completely open, all the way to the roof, which makes the restaurant and bar seem even more spacious than they already are.

When I got up to the room, it was extremely clean and the thermostat worked really well. Remember, this was the end-of-the-world Polar Vortex with sub-zero temps outside, so that part was a huge win. The coffee machine was well-stocked and the flat-panel TV was a really great size, too. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and I had no issues falling asleep, even though my room faced Rockville Pike. It was not at all noisy.

I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast, pool, or any other amenities, but I'm sure they're fantastic, too.

I'd absolutely stay here again, and may even make the bar my after-work place when I need a beer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
We are delighted that we had the opportunity to welcome you to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. It was a pleasure to provide you with comfortable and convenient accommodations during the inclement weather. We hope you'll stop by for a drink after work. We offer daily happy hour specials at our Riff's Lounge from 5pm to 7pm!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel, with a striking appearance when you enter. It appears as though it's a small, self-sufficient city. The staff are friendly and very much want to ensure that guests are comfortable and enjoying their stay. We got a great price, too, through a deal where you pay upfront for the room when you reserve it. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for business trips or for pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your lovely description of the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and for sharing your positive feedback regarding our friendly and attentive staff. Since we strive to cater to the needs of all of our guests, we are happy to know that you would consider us the ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers. We hope you’ll visit with us again.
College Park, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great Everything about this Hotel. I had an amazing stay at the Hilton in Rockville! As soon as I arrived I was welcomed with a bellman who assisted me with my luggage and showed me to the check in area. The front desk staff were very delightful and helpful, they gave me the exact room I asked for. The room was spotless and breakfast was delicious! I will defiantly return the this hotel and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

First, we'd like to thank you for recommending our hotel to others. We are happy to know that your experience was reflective of the high standards of customer service that we've set and we appreciate your kind recognition of our bellman and front desk staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.
Bowie, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was greated amd treated with dignity and respect and the rooms and stay was excellent. I did enjoy my stay and the bar and service was excellent. The hotel provided me and my wife with directions and maps to other eating places and the parking was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing to ring in the New Year at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed such a memorable experience with us and enjoyed the nearby dining options in our area. It is always our pleasure to direct our guests to the best, local restaurants and we hope you'll think of us again.
Gaithersburg, United States
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We come every year for a New Year's Eve event that is hosted here and always have a great time! I have also been to a wedding and bar Mitzvah at the same hotel and each time they do a phenomenal job. Convenient location, friendly staff, the building is a little dated, but we have such a great time, we barely even notice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

No matter the occasion, it is always a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding your many experiences at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are truly honored that you consistently choose us for your New Year's Eve celebration and we hope we can continue to welcome you in the future.
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Nothing but disappointment! At the time of our arrival (10:00 pm) with three kids and five bags in tow (including our twelve year old daughter who can not walk) the unfriendly front desk staff informed us that we would have to move our car out of the handicap space by the front door (of which there were three), to make way for arriving guests. Our sleepy children and our luggage had to wait for us to relocate the car. They were busy chatting amongst themselves and acted as if we were annoying them. No one informed us that the construction site next door would wake us up promptly at 7 a.m. and shake us out of our beds. In the morning, after an unsuccessful attempt to find a floor which would get us to the breakfast dining area without having to carry our disabled child up stairs, we arrived at the breakfast area where no staff greeted us. We we seated ourselves and went to find food on the buffet (had no menus that we knew of). The staff arrived once we were seated again, but that was the exact moment that a large roach crawled out of my son's napkin and ran around my daughter's full plate and down the side of the table where I proceeded to crush it with my foot. The lady who was standing there watching this event I found out later was the manager on staff. I do not know if it was a language barrier thing, but all she did at the time was stand there and smile. My daughter was completely nauseated and had to leave the table. When my husband addressed the issue with staff, they acted as if this was an isolated incident (our past experience tells us that roaches do not travel solo.) I left to try and find an easier route for our handicapped child to get back to the elevator but was unsuccessful. I had to walk up a large staircase to the front desk to ask someone for help. A nice man lead me back down the staircase and showed me a small ramp that lead to a hidden hallway behind the bar (no signage except for the pool/fitness sign) to a small, topless, mechanical elevator which would take us up half a story to the hallway where we would then have to get on another elevator to get access to the floor where we could cross to the other side of the hotel in order to catch the elevator to our rooms. REALLY???!!! We ended up carrying our daughter down the steps again to get to the right elevator. They DID apologize, and compensate us for two KIDS breakfasts and delivered a bottle of cheap wine, milk and cookies to our room that evening, but we decided to cut our losses and order room service for breakfast the following day (no compensation there). We had no interest in eating in the more expensive dining area by the bar. In 1990, when this hotel was the Crowne Plaza, we had our rehearsal dinner in the atrium (a wonderful experience) and had most of our out-of-town wedding guests staying there. I was deeply disappointed in the way this hotel is now being managed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Devon H
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, as we welcome your honest feedback. It is disappointing to learn of your dissatisfaction with our property and we apologize if we failed to meet the needs of your family throughout your stay. Please know that our top priority is to ensure that our guests receive the best possible experience while with us and we strive to cater to the needs of each and every one of our guests. Regarding the inconveniences that you encountered during breakfast, we would like to assure you that we take all pest issues very seriously and have further looked into this concern. Since there have been no other reports regarding this issue, we are led to believe that this was an isolated incident. We deeply apologize for any inconveniences that you and your family experienced while with us. We would like to discuss your comments in greater detail and hope you'll reach out to us directly. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
EVEN Hotel Rockville
#6 of 15 in Rockville
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville
Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville - Gaithersburg
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Homewood Suites Rockville - Gaithersburg

Been to Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!