“Nice hotel at a good price”

Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Rockville
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Nice Hilton experience with all amenities and excellent breakfast. We went for just one night but would love to have more time to spend at this place. Friendly but proffesional staff, good looking lobby, good spa, gym and pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future and we hope you'll have the opportunity to book an extended stay sometime soon. If you’ll visit our website, you can learn about our extended stay lodging available at our hotel, which includes a microwave and refrigerator.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Rockport Hilton is an expensive hotel with full amenities. It is very clean and has excellent facilities and is quite beautiful. The Manager's reception on Wednesday for HiltonHonors members was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant could use a more varied menu. I just don't like the HiltonHonors membership requirement of staying once a year or losing your points. They don't even send you a reminder by in their email reports of your points.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your Hilton experience. We truly value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member and appreciate your guest perspective regarding the program. While we do regret if you encountered inconveniences, keep in mind that the more you stay, the higher the status you'll achieve. We hope to welcome you to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The Rockville Hilton is awesome. Great layout, rooms, amenities, etc. Would highly recommend. Been to this hotel on business and for leisure and both were great stays. I am going to definitely stay here for the future and recommend to friends and family. If you are able, try to get a hold of Michael, as he is very helpful and professional in getting all of your needs met. Also, we had our company holiday party here last year and the staff was great! I recommend for both business and personal visits.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

It truly makes us happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your warm remarks and high recommendation. We are humbled by your sincere words and are pleased to learn that you felt so well taken care of by our staff. Whether visiting for business or leisure, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and keep coming back because of the service and the convenient location. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds extremely comfortable. Underground parking garage is also a plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your loyalty, as it is always a pleasure to accommodate you at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are happy that we are able to continue to impress you with our services and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hilton is my first choice when traveling (which I do for work a lot). As always, the staff is what makes it stand out from the rest. I am someone who appreciates (and expects) excellent customer service and Hilton, once again, did not fail in this area. I must give a particular shout out to one outstanding employee, Julius, who took care of me at the bar/dinner area two nights in a row. He was attentive, professional and a pleasure to be around- a true asset. Areas that could use a little attention: More staff for the breakfast- they were working so hard but there was just not enough staff to accommodate the number of patrons. And breakfast quality was not quite what I have come to expect from Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking this time to share your kind comments regarding the customer service that you received throughout your stay with us at the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are very proud to read your compliments regarding our professional and friendly staff members. We will certainly share your kind comments with the particular employee that you've mentioned, as he will be encouraged by your special mention of his service. It is disappointing to know that your dining experience did not reflect the high standards of the Hilton brand and we hope you'll allow us another chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is nice and has a very accommodating staff. The room appeared clean but the in room sprinkler was so dust covered that I question if it would work when needed. This is one of those important, but easily overlooked, areas to clean. The bed was comfortable and the towels were nice and thick. Please note, this hotel has interior and exterior rooms, make sure to request the exterior if you like sunshine.

Now for my gripe about this hotel...everything is extra. First you have to pay for parking and this is Rockville, MD..not DC or Philly. If you want to access the WiFi, plan to spend $9.95 to do so unless you are a Hilton Honors platinum (and gold?) level member or an AT&T subscriber. Since I'm not at the required level and I am a Verizon subscriber I figured I'd just use my cell phone. Every attempt to access the web through my phone resulted in a "internet is unstable" message. I have never had this message before. I don't know if the problem was due to being in an interior room or something was intentionally blocking reception but it was irritating to say the least. And finally, plan to overpay for breakfast. Please understand, I could have gone a very few miles north and would have had a free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's not the only hotel with a close proximity to the metro.

As I said, it's nice but I won't bother going back. I have too many other options.

Room Tip: Unless you like feeling like you are in a cave, outside rooms are quieter and you can see the daylig...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

While we greatly appreciate your honest feedback, we do regret to learn that we may have missed this opportunity to welcome you back. We hope you'll take a moment to browse our many hotel packages that we have available online. You may find that our Business Package is the perfect fit for your business or leisure trip. This hotel deal offers complimentary parking, Internet and breakfast daily. We hope you will reconsider and allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Not what I expect from the Hilton.

The decor etc is definitely past its prime.

But the worst thing was... my first night there, getting out of the bath, I saw a large bug on the bathroom floor. Note that this was during a cold winter...in fact during a snow storm.... so unlikely to be an outdoor insect. IT was gone too fast for me to capture or kill... but it seriously put me off.

The staff did give me a different room ... but I had to ask, they didn't proactively offer.... though it was just down the hall. I was very surprised at how matter of fact they were about it, and that I got no apology at all from management.

And I hardly slept the rest of my time there, worried about bugs.

I've got a week booked at the HIlton Club in Manhattan in May, and I"m seriously hoping this is not indicative of where Hilton service is going.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HIltonRockville-DC, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC / Rockville Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Though we are grateful for your review, it is truly disappointing to know that you felt we did not live up to the high standards of the Hilton brand. We hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you had to endure during your stay with us. We take the report of potential pest issues very seriously and take immediate and proactive action whenever these concerns are brought to our attention. After further investigation, I can assure you that this was an isolated incident. On behalf of our entire staff, I'd like to extend my deepest apologies. We hope we get another opportunity to restore your confidence in our services.