“"PERFECT PLACE TO GET MARRIED-DREAM COME TRUE"”

The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events
Ranked #1 of 1 Royal Oak B&B and Inns
maryland
“"PERFECT PLACE TO GET MARRIED-DREAM COME TRUE"”
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We were married at The Oaks 10/31/09 and it was perfect from the moment we decided on the Oaks in March until we left the morning after the wedding. The service and responsiveness is 5 star. Sarah, Candi, Susan and Nicole are so sweet, kind, helpful and knowledgeable. ALL of my guests said it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to. The food was beyond fabulous including the appetizers, breakfasts and the amazing dinner - thanks Paul! Getting married on the dock was like a dream come true and everything I could've wanted and more. Carla was so sweet and helpful the entire weekend - a bride saver! I would tell anyone and everyone to get married at The Oaks. It is the best place in Maryland to get married..location, service, quality - all a perfect 10. Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank ortygirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Obama Country
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I got married here last summer. It's a very pretty setting and the price is quite reasonable. The food is also very good. It's fair to say that the rooms are SHABBY. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a nice setting and the food is great.

Although I had a lovely wedding with good food at a reasonable price, I would hesitate to recommend this as a wedding venue unless you hire your own wedding coordinator.
The coordinator Heather (not sure if she's still there) went from ditzy (not returning phone calls, changing her story constantly about what was included, not having notes from our conversations) to downright nasty. I won't go into detail about the nasty part, but I am not using the word lightly. Most of the staff seemed to be burned out & tuned out last year. Perhaps there's been some turnover since then.

I would recommend The Oaks for a wedding if you hire your own planner to interface with the hotel staff. The package includes planning/coordination, but it's not worth the aggravation to deal with Heather, who I noticed never took notes. So, aside from the nastiness, trust me, you don't want a wedding "coordinator" who doesn't write anything down. That is stress that you don't need on your big day.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank birds0fafeather
OaksManager, Manager at The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
I am the current General Manager and Wedding Coordinator here at The Oaks. Heather has not worked here for over two years, though during the 9 years she was at The Oaks, she received many fabulous reviews and compliments.

As this bride mentioned we have an exceptionally beautiful setting, reasonable prices and renowned food. We pride ourselves on this, along with providing excellent service. We are a 14 room country inn and not a luxury chain, but we think that gives us a distinct charm, even though it may not be for everyone.

I am sorry that this bride did not feel that her wedding planning process was everything she desired, though I am curious why she waited more than a year and a half to mention it. Never the less, Heather is no longer at The Oaks and I can assure everyone that my staff and I pay meticulous attention to detail and take plenty of notes.
baltimore
Reviewed 10 June 2009

As a mother, your final gift to your daughter is her wedding. With this being said, nothing less than perfect is acceptable. From Susan's initial smile and tour of the facilities, to Candi's graciousness, to Erin's calming demeanor, to Chef Paul and his culinary staff, to the attentiveness of Carla and the entire wait staff - everything surpassed our expectations for such a special day. My daughter and her new husband were treated with such kindness as did each of our guests. The atmosphere, the wonderful meal and each of the people at The Oaks who orchestrated the event did so seemingly effortless created a day that will long be remembered and gave my daughter a day only dreams could only imagine.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cantonBaltimore
MD
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I got married at The Oaks this past weekend, and it was AWESOME!! The staff (Candi, Susan, Erin, Sarah and Carla) went above and beyond to exceed our expectations. Erin was very responsive on top of each and every detail, which made my job much easier. Chef Paul blew our guests away with the incredible meal he perpared-people raved all night along!
I could not have imagined a more perfect setting for the most important day of my life! I would highly reccommend The Oaks to any bride!! What a great way to begin our lives together!

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank Im-A-Mrs
frederick, Md
Reviewed 1 October 2008

The Oaks in Royal Oak Md. is 5 minutes from beautiful St. Michaels, a charming village on the Chesapeake Bay, Md. Our daughter and her husband recently held their wedding at the Oaks, and we have used it also for weekend getaways. It is a fairytale setting, with a perfect staff and 5 star food every day at a reasonable cost. This is a difficult place to leave! The wedding arrangements include staying in this gorgeous country estate for the weekend, so there is no rush, great vendors and an attentive, well trained staff. All of our guests want to return soon! The wedding was perfect, with all the little details cared for. Plenty of space for personal time each day - you can feel yourself relax each morning, sitting in the lounge chairs with a cup of coffee enjoying the quiet and peaceful sunrise over the water. I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys romance, beauty, peace, nature, good food, luxury and kindness in an incredible setting, just 5 minutes from a great tourist town.

• Liked — the setting, staff and food
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank omalibertytown
Westminster, MD
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Our daughter's wedding at The Oaks was perfect. The venue is relaxing and provides an opportunity for the wedding party, family and friends to gather for the entire week-end. The staff offers a personal touch throughout the experience, and is especially attentive during the ceremony and reception. Set-up of our specific details of the reception (e.g. candy buffet, place cards and decorations) was managed for us by The Oaks' staff, under the direction of Heather Maloney. We were provided a personal staff assistant, Carla, who took care of every need of the bride, groom and their families throughout the day of the event. Everyone that attended the wedding raved about the accomodations, the view and the food. Although some reviews say that the rooms are dated, we felt that they were clean and very comfortable. The charm of a country inn is that the building and grounds reflect its history. We highly recommend The Oaks as a wedding venue for those who are looking for a destination offering a romantic, relaxed feel.

• Liked — The personal touch and relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Difficult to plan access for handicapped guests
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cnor1955
maryland
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Upon arrival the the Oaks Inn we had homemade cookies and wine waiting for us. Our room was beautiful with a waters view. We woke in the morning to a complimentary gourmet breakfast.. again overlooking the water.... then we were out on the grounds for adventure. The dock provids a great view with canoes, bikes, shuffle board and a pool!!

You just cant beat it.... the service was excellent and the staff very friendly.. I highly recommend this to everyone looking forward to a great vactation!!!

amy adams

#7 of 13 in St. Michaels
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#4 of 9 in Easton

Been to The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events? Share your experiences!