The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
US$99
US$95
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
US$309
Tidewater Inn(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$170
Travelocity
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hampton.com
US$79
Quality Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
All reviewswedding venuemid weekraw barmy husband and idream weddingcomplimentary winewedding cakeblueberry pancakesperfect settingst michaelseach morningcocktail houradditional hourdelicious choicesmaryland crab cakessmall touchesfresh cookies
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My sister was married at The Oaks this past weekend and by all accounts, it was a beautiful affair. The Oaks is undeniably a gorgeous venue and I would be remiss not to mention Carla who was an amazing personal attendant to my sister and our family. She seemed to be everywhere, anticipating our every need. While Carla was incredible, the managers at the Oaks left much to be desired. At the end of the evening I witnessed (who I assume to be) the catering manager yell at our DJ (who did an incredible job) and threaten to call the police on him and quote, "have his [-] arrested" if he did not shut off the music immediately. Granted, the event was scheduled to end at 10:30 and it was 10:34 when the music was shut off, but I felt her tone and approach was extremely disrespectful and over dramatic not to mention incredibly unprofessional. Following this encounter, she also got in my mothers face when my mother asked her to be more understanding with the DJ. She physically had her body up against my mother and was shouting in her face - I was appalled. Apparently, a little earlier in the evening she also grabbed a wine glass out of my mother's hand (this was prior to the 10:30 ending) and told her it needed to go in the dishwasher immediately. It is truly unfortunate that the night ended on such a sour note. I rarely write reviews but I feel it is extremely important to let people know about our experience. Weddings are expensive affairs and you would expect to be treated professionally and with a level of respect that was not demonstrated by the manager at The Oaks.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fanoftravel07
OaksManager, Manager at The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2010

After 5 hours of drinking, people do not want a party to end. In this case that included the DJ, who was a friend of the bride and groom. I asked him to end the music at 10:30 and then he went on to play 2 more songs. However as that was my only interaction with him I am not sure who the manager is that this review refers to, I was not involved in any of the instances referenced in this review.

What I do know is that it is our policy at the end of the night when the staff is trying to clean up to pour any remaining drinks that people want into plastic cups that can be taken upstairs. We are also cleaning any disregarded drinks off the tables. The mother of the bride told me that someone had poured her drink into a plastic cup and then she set it down and it was cleared away. This is very unfortunate, but to be expected when the room needs to be cleaned and reset for breakfast the next morning for the wedding guests. I would have been happy to get her another glass of wine, had she told me right away, but I was not told about this until the very end of the evening after everything was closed, locked up and I was getting ready to go to bed.

As far as the staff cussing, touching a guest, or getting up in their face that is something that did not happen, we have security and cameras on the premises and if these accusations were to be true there would be severe consequences. In my experience when drunk stories get passed from person to person they tend to be exaggerated and elaborated. .

The bride was beautiful. The wedding was lovely and there was even a surprise of Fireworks for the bride, who against all odds was legitimately surprised when they happened. I wish this couple nothing but the best.

Reviewed 3 February 2010

Our heartfelt thanks to all of you who helped to make our daughter, Elizabeth’s wedding the wedding of her dreams!

We had considered many possible venues from Washington DC hotels, other Chesapeake Bay hotels and several locations in Virginia and Maryland. From our first visit with Susan in July, we were impressed with the professionalism of your staff, and fell in love with The Oaks and its waterfront setting. From then on the planning of this event, in a relatively short time, could not have been easier for me; and my husband appreciated all that was offered at the price you quoted us.

Working with Sarah and Candi in the planning stages was a joy. They knew exactly what was needed to be done and when; and coordinated the Rehearsal Dinner and Ceremony – adapting to the changes in the weather with a fantastic alternative plan as needed. We had no concerns at all.

We also were guided by you to Shirley Windsor of Seasonal Flowers who, I think you will agree, brought her floral magic to The Oaks and executed Elizabeth’s wishes to perfection. Likewise, Julie fulfilled Elizabeth’s every desire with the making of the Wedding Cake, and the Groom’s Cake at the Rehearsal Dinner. The Ceremony musicians were also recommended by The Oaks and were perfect in their role.

The addition of Lyn Collier and Lou Smith to help out with the “junior jet set” was very much appreciated by the children’s parents and everyone had a good time knowing that the children were in such good hands.

I would not have known where to go to find these wonderful vendors on my own and each one played a crucial part in our very special wedding.

Thanks to you we were able to give our beloved daughter a first class wedding that was fun for everyone who attended.

We heard, and we are still haring, so many compliments on the delicious food and how amazed our guests were to be served with such a gourmet meal at such a large gathering (I think we had 171 people there including 11 children who had their own menu). The meal we all enjoyed, the paired entrée of steak and crab cake, was each cooked to the same perfection as the one we sampled at the tasting. How you did it, I do not know, but you certainly impressed our very discerning guests. I am sure that the fact that the Chef is also the owner of The Oaks made this possible. Well Done!!!!

My husband said that your Bar staff were amazing – very cordial and efficient; and able to concoct the beverage of choice of each of our guests. Please thank them for us.

The servers for the Reception and Dinner were like a finely tuned machine; attending pleasantly and efficiently to our every need. I am sure you know what a gem you have in Carla – she was really wonderful to us.

We are all still talking about “the wedding” with our guests who came from England, California, Texas, Nevada, Illinois, Louisiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, Virginia, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey, New York and Washington DC. The Oaks and St. Michael’s was just the right gathering place for us all!

The Oaks will now forever be dear to our hearts as Elizabeth and Dan begin their married lives. As you may have gathered, they are a popular young couple and have many friends who came from near and far to celebrate this day with them.

All I can say is that if I had a dozen daughters, I would want them all to be married at The Oaks!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you all for the perfect wedding weekend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley000
Reviewed 13 November 2009

We were married at The Oaks 10/31/09 and it was perfect from the moment we decided on the Oaks in March until we left the morning after the wedding. The service and responsiveness is 5 star. Sarah, Candi, Susan and Nicole are so sweet, kind, helpful and knowledgeable. ALL of my guests said it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to. The food was beyond fabulous including the appetizers, breakfasts and the amazing dinner - thanks Paul! Getting married on the dock was like a dream come true and everything I could've wanted and more. Carla was so sweet and helpful the entire weekend - a bride saver! I would tell anyone and everyone to get married at The Oaks. It is the best place in Maryland to get married..location, service, quality - all a perfect 10. Thank you so much for everything!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank ortygirl
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I got married here last summer. It's a very pretty setting and the price is quite reasonable. The food is also very good. It's fair to say that the rooms are SHABBY. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a nice setting and the food is great.

Although I had a lovely wedding with good food at a reasonable price, I would hesitate to recommend this as a wedding venue unless you hire your own wedding coordinator.
The coordinator Heather (not sure if she's still there) went from ditzy (not returning phone calls, changing her story constantly about what was included, not having notes from our conversations) to downright nasty. I won't go into detail about the nasty part, but I am not using the word lightly. Most of the staff seemed to be burned out & tuned out last year. Perhaps there's been some turnover since then.

I would recommend The Oaks for a wedding if you hire your own planner to interface with the hotel staff. The package includes planning/coordination, but it's not worth the aggravation to deal with Heather, who I noticed never took notes. So, aside from the nastiness, trust me, you don't want a wedding "coordinator" who doesn't write anything down. That is stress that you don't need on your big day.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank birds0fafeather

I am the current General Manager and Wedding Coordinator here at The Oaks. Heather has not worked here for over two years, though during the 9 years she was at The Oaks, she received many fabulous reviews and compliments.

As this bride mentioned we have an exceptionally beautiful setting, reasonable prices and renowned food. We pride ourselves on this, along with providing excellent service. We are a 14 room country inn and not a luxury chain, but we think that gives us a distinct charm, even though it may not be for everyone.

I am sorry that this bride did not feel that her wedding planning process was everything she desired, though I am curious why she waited more than a year and a half to mention it. Never the less, Heather is no longer at The Oaks and I can assure everyone that my staff and I pay meticulous attention to detail and take plenty of notes.

Reviewed 10 June 2009

As a mother, your final gift to your daughter is her wedding. With this being said, nothing less than perfect is acceptable. From Susan's initial smile and tour of the facilities, to Candi's graciousness, to Erin's calming demeanor, to Chef Paul and his culinary staff, to the attentiveness of Carla and the entire wait staff - everything surpassed our expectations for such a special day. My daughter and her new husband were treated with such kindness as did each of our guests. The atmosphere, the wonderful meal and each of the people at The Oaks who orchestrated the event did so seemingly effortless created a day that will long be remembered and gave my daughter a day only dreams could only imagine.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family