I recently attended a wedding at the oaks. The wedding itself was beautiful and fun because of the people who attended, but I would never recommend this place. Ever. The staff was so rude the entire weekend it was unimaginable. It is difficult to describe using words the attitude we received from the staff. From the moment we walked in the door to the time we left I felt like I was in the twilight zone. It was as if the staff and particularly the innkeeper/wedding planner were trying to make the stay as miserable as possible. In addition to dealing with attitude from these people for normal requests such as a fork to eat breakfast with. We had a leak in the ceiling of our room. When we came in from the rehearsal dinner there was water dripping from the ceiling onto the mattress completely soaking it. We called the innkeeper who said she would take care of it. Her idea of taking care of it was to call the room above us over and over again even though no one was in it. She did nothing else to help the
situation. Because the water continued to drip into our room I had to go find the guest list at the front desk and track down the people who were staying in the room to turn off the water. Luckily they were in another part of the the inn. We contacted the innkeeper again to explain that we were not able to sleep
in the bed in its condition. One half of the bed was completely soaked. She offered the following solutions: we could flip over the soaked mattress and sleep on the other side, we could sleep on the couch in the lobby, but we would still have to pay for the room or we could checkout in the middle of the night
on a holiday weekend and hopefully find another place. They refused to pay for a room at another hotel or assist us in anyway to find a place at that time of night. We were lucky enough to be able to sleep in a friend's room. The rest of the weekend we dealt with antagonistic comments from the staff such as "I
thought you were checking out" whenever we crossed paths. Meanwhile we would have checked out, but we were in a wedding at the place.
To cap it all off upon checkout when I placed the keys on the counter, the innkeeper said I was "all set" and tried to disappear into the back room without giving me a copy of the bill. They of course charged us for the night we spent in our friend's room and refused to deduct it from our bill.
This was the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel or B&B I have stayed in. These people do not deserve any business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oaks is a charming historic Inn with 15 rooms with private baths. There is a large common living room area for our guest to enjoy. Located a few miles from St. Michael's to our south, and Easton to our north, we are the perfect location with waterfront privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Oaks Waterfront Inn and Events reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Oaks Waterfront Inn And Events Hotel Royal Oak
- Oaks a Country Hotel
- Country Inn Royal Oak
- Royal Oak Country Inn
- The Oaks a Country Hotel
- The Oaks Waterfront Inn And Events Royal Oak, Maryland