“Danny s Birthday”

Sail Selina II
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in St. Michaels
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail Selina II Boat Tours sails daily from St Michaels MD from April-Oct. Passengers are limited to just six guests for a personal experience of the history of sail. Built in 1926 during the Great Gatsby era, climb aboard and go back in time when yachtsmen enjoyed the elegance of freshly varnished mahogany and brighlty polished brass. Available on a per person basis or private charter, we offer day sails, Champagne Sunset Cruises, moonlight sails, sailing lessons, wine tasting and beer tasting excursions, romantic sit down table-for-two dinners, small weddings, overnights, engagements, birthdays,& anniversary celebrations. Once we cast off lines we tour the harbor and enjoy the sights that dot the shoreline of this quaint little seafood town. Hear the stories of the historic boats on display at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museums boat basin, and see where the movie "Wedding Crashers" was filmed. Once we leave the harbor we go out into the Miles River, put up the sails and foloow the wind. Guests are invited to participate or simply sit back and relax. We are here to make your out on the water nautical experience perfect.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Danny s Birthday”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on the lovely boat for Danny s Birthday. We were in St. Michaels for his first time and only second time sailing. Captain Iris even asked if he would like to do sails but he had hurt shoulder and could not. He had never had champagne tried it and enjoyed. Also when we got off the boat we bought shirts and she didn't have my size. Captain Iris even meet us the next day at the museum to get it to me. People have commented on shirts around md. People that have been on the boat and had a wonderful time. Danny said best evening he ever had...Thanks

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Wow, what a nice compliment. It was really something watching him take his first sip of champagne ever at 60 years old. I loved his big grin and it cracked me up when he blurted
"I LOVE CHAMPAGNE!!!" We are thrilled you had such a wonderful time :)

Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once is not Enough...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went out with Capt Iris a couple of years ago and had a magnificent time. This year, we went out two days in a row, a wine-tasting cruise and a Champaign cruise. Both were unbelievable. Capt. Iris is the third generation of her family to own Selina II and she has great stories about her family and the boat. A cruise aboard Salina II is a "must do" when visiting St. Michaels. No vacation there is complete without it.

1 Thank John S
CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
We love our wine tasting cruises because people always seem to have so much fun. With a flight of 3 whites and 3 reds, whats not to love? And taking photos of the labels makes it easy to go to your own wine shop and have them get which ever one was your favorite. And how flattering that you came back out a second day for our champagne cruise. Thank you thank you thank you!
Gray, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best part of our trip.”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We spent the Memorial Day weekend in St. Michaels, MD. It is a lovely historic town. One of our favorite activities was our sail out on the river with Sail Selina II. It was a small group which allowed us personal attention, great conversation and the sail was so peaceful. I would recommend you definitely give this a try.

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
We are licensed by coast guard for just 6 guests, but even if we could have more, I too like the small group, the personal attention I can give all of our passengers. Thanks for sailing with us!
Allentown
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of our trip”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The champaign cruise was magical! The captain and first mate could not have been nicer or more knowledgable. The scenery was breathtaking. This was the perfect start to our trip, as soon as we were on the water all our stress just melted right away. I can't thank them enough! This will be a part of every trip back.

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
We are so glad you had a great time! Your comment that all your stress melted away is the number one thing we hear from our guests. Delighted you could sit back and relax, unwind, and slowwwwww downnnnnnnnnnnn. Sea you next year!!
Ocean View, Delaware
“Perfection”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We celebrated my 65th birthday on the Selina ll. My day started out with a blindfold at home, I was told we were going on a mystery trip, the trip from our home is about 1 1/2 hours so I was allowed to take the blind fold off as we traveled. I recognized the area we were in and said are we going to St. Michael's, one of my all time favorite places to visit, much to my surprise we not only visited the lovely historical sea side town but went on a Beautiful Sailboat and met Capt. Iris and 1st mate Frank, who were polite, friendly, capable, informative and just perfect. What a wonderful way to spend a milestone birthday.Relaxing as we glided over the water, we were served drinks and appetizers and shared stories with other guests and listened to Capt. Iris tell stories of water men and local landmarks and historical boats that were in the marinas as we sailed by. We will be going back again and again. I not only thank Capt. Iris and 1st mate Frank for a memorable day but my sweet husband for the lovely surprise.

CaptainIris, Owner at Sail Selina II, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
So glad to have been part of your perfect birthday. We love to share the beauty of the area and the charm of this little eastern shore town. So glad to hear you will be back for more. Thank you!