“Wonderful B&B”

Ranked #7 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Media, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful B&B”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a great time staying at the Bay Cottage! Jackie is very knowledgeable and a great host - she made sure we knew the best places to eat. The rooms are clean and the food is delicious. Great place to go for a weekend away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

What a great pleasure to have you. Too bad the weather was still a little on the chilly side, please come back again in Summer - a most enjoyable time to walk, kayak, bike, or jog into town for all kind of summer funs - Farmer's Market, Festivals, etc. etc.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Lots of big warm smiles and hugs

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
COLUMBIA
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed at numerous B&B's over the years but since 'finding' the Bay Cottage we've made this our favorite. The location is convenient to St. Michaels as well as other Talbot County towns and sights. The property is gorgeous, surrounded on three sides by water and beautiful vistas making it quiet and secluded. Best of all is the innkeeper - Jackie is so hospitable making everyone feel welcome and comfortable. The accommodations are charming and the breakfasts are delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much. I have always enjoyed you and your family's visit here. You are very special friends to me too. I constantly feel I am the luckiest person in the world - get to do what I love and get to meet great people as an additional fine bonus.

I appreciate your kind words, thank you.

I look forward to seeing you and your family again.
Clarksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Our first visit here. Found it on TA and fell in love with the property photos. Read the positive reviews and ended up booking the Edgewater room for my girlfriend's birthday weekend. Was very impressed making the turn onto the property and driving down the tree lined driveway, beautiful! The location can't be beat as the various houses sit on a three sided point surrounded by all the beauty the eastern shore and St. Michaels is known for. Our room sat above the garage/workshop and had a 4 poster queen bed(very comfortable) and a large Jacuzzi tub. We also had a large deck with a great view of the entire point. The bad news is that the weekend was drenched with rain and high winds. We made the best of it anyway and look forward to coming back with better weather. Jackie, the innkeeper/owner, is wonderfully animated and friendly. Our breakfast was delicious and was located on the glassed in porch of the main house with the view of the yacht club in the foggy distance. The room was clean and well maintained and the bed was made and turned down each day. Recommended!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
What a delight to have you and your girl friend. Thank you so much. I have had the good luck to meet such extraordinary people and got to know them. Wow. This is indeed the best thing I can image anyone could be doing - sharing this lovely property with great guests. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love your stories of life. Yes, indeed, life is full of surprises - wonderful, challenging, and memorial.

Please come back in the summer, let's go sailing / racing / crabbing - the Chesapeake Bay style.

Big warm hugs to you both,
Jackie and Beau
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at several locations in St Michaels and Bay Cottage is by far our most favorite! We have stayed there at least 2x per yr the past several years and Jackie is just fabulous! She caters to all of our needs and is a wonderful cook. The B&B is quite charming inside with beautiful grounds surrounding it sitting on the waterfront. We love how we can just hang out at the house or by the pool or even travel to various events with Jackie. She is always spot on with recomendations. We are looking forward to our next visit at Bay Cottage and seeing Jackie.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I love your warm and wonderful friendship. I had so much fun talking to you. Both of you are so delightful and fun, I look forward to your visit again.

lots of big smiles,
Jackie and Beau, your innkeeper and doggie-dog innkeeper
Harrisburg
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have been staying at the B&B for the past three years. Our group just loves the property and comforts it offers. The Inn keeper Jackie and her dog Bow are they best... The rooms are very comfortable, the place is clean and it offer a nice place away from home for festivities downtown. Great place for friend and family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
You are the reason and inspiration for my "Why I am an Innkeeper"! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Yeah!

It is such a delight to have you and your fun, warm, funny, loving, and amazing friends/family with us every year. We love and look forward to seeing you year after year - the friendship, the camaraderie, the fun.... The best!

I am so excited that we will be seeing you folks in about a month. We got lots of new artworks throughout the house. I can't wait to see you again.

Lots of hugs and big smiles,
Jackie
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Bay Cottage in the fall. Right from the start, Jackie, was so friendly and accommodating. It is a beautiful B&B with a lovely water view. It is so close to town, but in a very private and quiet location. Jackie made us a wonderful breakfast and was so helpful with recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. Definitely a place to stay when in St. Michael's/

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
A deep heart-felt "thank you" to you. I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness very much. It is, indeed, my greatest honor to have you to join us at Bay Cottage.

I enjoyed the experience very much and appreciate having a chance to improve upon what we offer right now.

I look forward to seeing you here.

Warmest smiles and lots of blessings,
Jackie & Beau (the most wonderful Yellow Lab Assistant Innkeeper)
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived in the early summer for a romantic weekend and we were not disappointed. On arrival we drove down a lovely treelined drive to a property that had a view of the water on three sides. The owner showed us to our room which was large airy with a comfortable and roomy bed. We went for a swim in the pool which has a great view of the creek with sailboats moving about. Jackie, the owner, suggested several places for dinner and we were not disappointed. The next day after a great breakfast we toured the many shops and enjoyed a tour of the Chesapeake Bay Museum. Back to the pool and a little reading under the trees before heading out for dinner at another fine restaurant suggested by Jackie. After a leisurely breakfast, it was time to return home but we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
A belated "Thank you" (the only excuse I have is that I only recently learn "responding" to TripAdvisor Guest Reviews. Better late than never).

I deeply appreciate that you took the time to be so kind and sweet. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is my honor to have you here to enjoy this beautiful spot in St. Michaels. I enjoyed having a chance to get to know both of you - what amazing people you are. I look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest smiles and biggest hugs,
Jackie & Beau (the wonder dog, assistant innkeeper)