“What a great escape” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
NJ
“What a great escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our anniversary weekend was a lovely escape from the ordinary to the lovely Bay cottage. The innkeeper Jackie makes you feel right at home, and part of her extended family. She's now my Auntie Jackie, and I plan on visiting her many times in the future. all of the other guests were also very nice and we all had great conversations over the delicious breakfast Jackie prepared for us. The cottage has lovely views of the water and the sailboats docked in the neighboring houses. Its an amazing location. Its close enough to town that you can park your car at the bed and breakfast and walk into town to view the other marine views. This is definitely a sailing town, and if you love nautical....this is the place for you...

Room Tip: We choose the bay view room, and it was lovely...

1 Thank senoritajanet
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Oh, yes, when you are here, you become family. I am so delighted to get to know you both. I will be honored to be your Auntie Jackie and have you go sailing, yacht-racing, kayaking, stand-up-boarding, canoeing, crabbing, fishing, oystering (is there such a word, o, yes, only at Chesapeake Bay), and of course, dark-and-storming...... with me/us. Beau is very short, hence got very short legs, but he got 4 legs, and he loves to go with us.

I will post more of our water-fun pictures. I can't wait to see you again.

lots of love, big smiles, and hugs,

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Havertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I spent two wonderful days at Bay Cottage at the end of a two-week road trip. The property had such a relaxing atmosphere which was just what we needed. The town of St. Michael's was lovely, the cottage grounds were beautiful. The room was great and every room had a great view. The best part of our stay was Jackie. She was a whirlwind of energy, full of information and great suggestions for us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wished we could have stayed longer. I would highly recommend Bay Cottage to everyone and we hope to go back again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room that had a bay view

1 Thank Jeanne6947
Thank you so much. It was so much fun visiting with you. You both are amazing. I love the picture of all the beautiful grandkids. (7th in the way - the cup cake baby). Congratulations. How did the cupcakes go? It is sooooo much funnnnnn hanging out with you.

I am so looking forward to seeing you again.

xoxoxxo & big smiles,
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was planning an anniversary getaway to St. Michaels and found Bay Cottage. I was concerned because it was not right in town like most of the B&Bs, but what we discovered was a truely wonderful place. The property is on a beautiful creek with peaceful Water views. We sat outside and had a glass of wine just relaxing and enjoying the view in the evening. The room was comfotable and well decorated. The owner, Jackie, was a welcoming host taking time to tell us stories of the property and St. Michaels. Her dining suggestions were spot on! The breakfast was great. We loved everything about Bay Cottage and plan to return. We had a memorable anniverary weekend and Bay Cottage and Jackie were a big part of making it so!

1 Thank Ernie F
Thank you so much - you are so very kind. It is such a great pleasure having you with you. You are so delightful. I enjoyed the time we share. You are so awesome. What great conversations we shared - fun, enjoyable, inspirations, and thought provoking. Wow. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you again. Let's go sailing, racing, bird-watching-kayaking, yoga Stand-up-boarding and enjoy the Chesapeake Bay water.....

Lots of smiles and hugs,
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

It was a cold winter in New England and it was certainly a dream to escape to Bay Cottage and experience an early Spring with the magnolia tree in full bloom and the sun heating up the air.
I joined Trip Advisor specifically to let the world know what a fabulous time you can enjoy and relax at Bay Cottage during the unique seasons of the Eastern Shore.
Since it was so early in the tourist season, I was able to have the best room of two in a separate building from the main house. Since the main house of course has its own charm and excitement with a beautiful and cozy great room and stone fireplace.
Since the property is virtually surrounded by the small creeks and waterways of the Miles River, you can only feel very close to nature's beauty. I especially enjoyed the boat dock pier to walk out on the water and reflect.
Jackie is an amazing inn keeper and hostess - warm and always with a wonderful smile, and makes a great breakfast for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for joining TripAdvisor to review Bay Cottage.

It was my great pleasure to welcome you to the lovely sunny Bay Cottage in Chesapeake Bay. I enjoyed having you with us and am delighted that you enjoyed your waterfront getaway in St. Michaels.

I am very delighted knowing that you have been to and lived in over 50+ countries and still found Bay Cottage a special spot in your travel.

I look forward to your return. Summer is warm and full of water activities and actions. Fall is the time of waterfowl and foliage. Winter is celebration - holidays and lots of St. Michaels parties.

Please join us, anytime.
Hainesport, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I never write reviews, but I had to take a moment and give a mention to Bay Cottage and Jackie. My husband and I just celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary with a quick 2 night stay at Bay Cottage. We had an amazing time. the room was just lovely, with water views and a comfortable bed. The property is a little oasis, it is tranquil and peaceful and the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway.
the real gem of the Bay Cottage is it's owner Jackie. She is fun and energetic, she had wonderful restaurant suggestions and a great breakfast. She really made our anniversary special!! Thank you Jackie. If you get a chance I would highly recommend Bay Cottage!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Karyn L
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Happy Anniversary! Yeah! Thank you so much! I had soooo much fun getting to know you both. It was my pleasure. I am so happy you enjoyed your special 10th Anniversary celebration. I look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you so much for the kindest review - I am very excited that this will certainly help us. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Jackie
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I decided to spend the 2013 Christmas holiday at Bay Cottage this year. I as traveling alone and needed a quite intimate relaxing getaway to reflect on the past year. Bay Cottage and the hospitality of Jackie Fletcher exceeded all my expirations. Bay Cottage is not normally open so late in the season for guests but, having stayed at BC before Jackie made an exception and opened her door for me. If you are looking for peace and tranquility to get away from the hustle and bustle of the of urban life, the Eastern Shore in winter will offer what you are looking for. Quiet walks along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, a region steeped in the history and lore of our nation, art and artisans, quiet Inns to dine at ,the lovely town of St. Michael's and the hospitality of Bay Cottage will excite your senses.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much - you are very kind. I am delighted you were with us while you needed a sanctuary.

I truly believe being with the nature is something our souls, our hearts, and our spirits need. Bay Cottage is always open when you need to be with the nature.

Thank you.
Jackie Liang Fletcher
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a great time staying at the Bay Cottage! Jackie is very knowledgeable and a great host - she made sure we knew the best places to eat. The rooms are clean and the food is delicious. Great place to go for a weekend away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you so much. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.

What a great pleasure to have you. Too bad the weather was still a little on the chilly side, please come back again in Summer - a most enjoyable time to walk, kayak, bike, or jog into town for all kind of summer funs - Farmer's Market, Festivals, etc. etc.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Lots of big warm smiles and hugs