“Would'nt Go Back”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stopped in for lunch at about 2:30 PM...what a mistake! We were seated for nearly 15 minutes before anyone even came by to ask about drinks. It took about the same amount of time for the drinks to arrive and get an order placed. One of us ordered the cream of crab soup, the other ordered chili and a Cesar salad. The chili was brought within 5 minutes but it took another 5 or so for the crab soup and salad to arrive. By now drinks are empty but we were the server ran off so quickly we couldn’t order more drinks even though I would have thought she would have asked. Our table only had one place setting so we had to grab silverware and napkin from an unoccupied table. No salt and pepper on the table either. I like to add a little hot sauce to my soup but we never saw the server again after the food was dropped off. No crackers with the chili or soup.

There was a larger party with young children who were allowed to run around like the dining room was a playground. The parents were even encouraging the behavior. While this is not the fault of the establishment, it only added to the bad experience.

The service (or lack thereof) was absolutely awful. It looked like there were plenty of people working. Maybe the kitchen and staff are mismanaged?

On a positive note, the soup was good.

1  Thank Stephen H
There are newer reviews for Big Pickle FoodBar

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Jaime, the manager was nothing short of superb. On a solo mission of solice and grief after having lost my daughter, I could not have found a better place. Great music, food, companionship, ambience, I love this place. I will Always be back...

3  Thank Carl H
Reviewed 27 November 2012

excellent service, waitrtess was lovely, efficient and hospitable.
The pastrami on rye did the job. Not expensive and the wine was excellent.

1  Thank barnyardMoraira
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The employees were super friendly and helpful! The food was absolutely delicious and the portions were generous. It was our first stop in St. Michaels and set the tone for a wonderful weekend!

1  Thank Cindy C
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I was not expecting much, knowing that we'd just be ordering sandwiches, but everything was delicious, waitress very nice, and comfortable. We had the calamari for an appetizer, and it came with a delicious mango dipping sauce. My hamburger was great too, as were the fries. My husband had the flounder, which was beautifully displayed on the plate. Definitely will return if/when we're back in the area.

1  Thank saswan