We stayed here for a one night getaway for a $99 per night rate in one of their King rooms. First off, it is more of an Inn with a continental breakfast (as it is called) than a B&B, but we knew that before we booked and were happy with the stay. We had a first floor king room with a gas fireplace, small porch, and a single whirlpool tub in the bath. We used the fireplace and it worked fine. We spent a good amount of time sitting on the porch, it does have the parking lot nearby, but it was never an annoyance. Our porch did feature comfy adirondack style chairs, but the other rooms next to ours all had less comfortable looking chairs. The walls were not soundproof but since it seemed to be mostly couples staying there, we didn't hear much from the neighbors. The room was small but clean, tv was tiny but had a dvd player so we watched a movie in the morning. Free wireless internet was available without a password, so easy to connect to. We tried the indoor pool, the pool room was heated and the water was comfortable, but was very small and more of a novelty. There is also a sauna and steam room available. Breakfast was pretty simple; muffins, breads, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, and yogurt. The Inn consists of 3 buildings, the main one we stayed in on the river side of Talbot St (MD-8), and two on the other side of the street which had the breakfast room. Outside of the pool room and next to our room was the side of the building, there were some stacks of bricks and other materials that could be cleaned up to make it look a little nicer.
All in all, a fine place to stay for a night in St. Michaels, especially for $99 a night. Prices do go up substantially for the tourist season, not sure I would pay for a stay here then. The Inn is at the one end of town, but you can walk to the other end in 10 mins, so the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the picturesque Chesapeake Bay village of St Michaels, Five Gables Inn & Spa blends historic charm and warmth with a luxury spa experience. Accommodations include spa tubs and fireplaces and are complemented by the inn's indoor pool, sauna and steam room, generous amenities, a gracious a truly helpful staff and a superb location. Our meeting room is a great place to hold executive retreats and company meetings. The on-site spa is open daily and offers a full range of relaxing treatments featuring Aveda products and skillful professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Five Gables Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 5 Gables Inn & Spa
- Five Gables Hotel St. Michaels
- Five Gables Inn And Spa
- Five Gables Inn & Spa St. Michaels, Maryland