“#1 Rating is Well Deserved”
Review of 208 Talbot

208 Talbot
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stopped in here for dinner during a short 2-nite stay in St. Michaels at the Inn at Perry Cabin. We ended up sharing a series of appetisers and a bottle of wine, all of which exceeded our expectations. The place had few diners the Sunday evening we were there which is understandable since it was off-season in St. Michael's. A bottle of chardonney was moderately priced considering the location and the quality of the restaurant and the appetizers suggested by our pleasant and efficient server Kerri. Baked oysters were mouth watering good. Spring rolls were filled with fresh vegetables and we ended with the pumpkin ravioli. This was a fitting end to a fabulous evening since it's hint of sweetness was better than ending with dessert. HIGHLY recommended. Food and service on a par with the best of DC...just friendlier and more relaxed! Thx Kerri for making our night!

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

You MUST eat here. The food is perfect and the servers are top notch.

They dealt with about 20 of us with first class service.

I had the quail for appetizer and the duck entree. Delicious!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Towards attending a three day wedding event, the parents of the bride and groom made reservations for dinner at 208 Talbot. I wasn't invited because I live across the "pond" and nobody knew I was coming. I walked in as a total surprise and an additional chair was pulled up for me by the speechless parents of the groom.
The restaurant is very civilized in appearance, surprisingly so when considering its location.
Everything matched the appearance. The service, the professionalism and the food and wine.
I started with the quail as appetizer which was excellent. This was followed by superbly prepared seared tuna. For dessert I took the flourless chocolate cake which was so-so.
We cross-tasted throughout the meal and everything I sampled was great.
Highly recommended!!!! If you happen to visit St. Michaels, be sure to save one evening for 208 Talbot!!!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

From the front door, to the bar, to the entire dinner, this was a pleasant retreat from the hustle of the day. The staff is warm, involved, knowledgable and dedicated. The food is rich and well prepared. A happy evening out, for sure.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We went here on a Saturday Night with 3 couples. We made reservations but had to wait due to the prior party not leaving their table promptly. Our party ordered a variety of dishes and all of them were tasty. We collectively had the beef medallions, the ribeye, the salmon and the rack of lamb. All dishes were prepared well and incredibly tasty. My favorite was the ribeye. It was juicy and tender and full of flavor. The dining room staff were great. All of our needs were met. I would go here again.