“Best Restaurant in St. Michael's”
Review of 208 Talbot

208 Talbot
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had dinner here on a weekend visit to St. Michael's on a night that was not too busy. 208 Talbot had just re-opened after a short break of a few weeks for renovations and winter break. Service was excellent, the wine list offers great prices, and for a top-notch meal, the pricing is excellent. Both our meals were superb, Caesar salad with their own traditional homemade dressing, great short ribs, perfect for the cold weather, and a really nice Asian noodle seafood soup/stew, with lots of seafood and a nice spice too it, Thai style. It was excellent, but ease up on the salt, it has so much flavor already, no need to overkill. If you can get a reservation during the high season, this is definitely a place you want to eat.

1  Thank John N
There are newer reviews for 208 Talbot

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Different owners, different menu, really good. Very friendly and welcoming, varied menu. They were very accommodating to our 7 & 9 year old grandchildren. Delicious oysters, great drinks, and wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I chose to eat here on our weekend getaway after reading the glowing reviews. It definitely lived up to the hype! We started with the spinach and beet salad (candied pecans, bacon, orange and fried goat cheese (oh my!)). I had the chef's special which was a noodle pot - broth, all sorts of seafood (lobster, clams, shrimp, fish) and noodles with a touch of spice. Perfect on a chilly winter's night! We stressed that they should put this on the regular menu - it was awesome! Hubby had the duck, which was also good but he was wishing he'd ordered the special! We both had desserts as we heard those were amazing too. Margarita sorbet which was a nice refreshing finish. I had the bread pudding which was so light and very tasty. The staff were friendly and attentive and the owner checked in with us as we left. GO!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We went to 208 tonight with friends to celebrate my husband's birthday. From the very minute we were seated my husband was made to feel special. I had asked in advance if they could do something special at the end of the meal. They readily agreed. Once seated and the waitress learned of this special occasion our friends said they had a special dessert for my husband in the car. The waitress must have picked up on this immediately because before we knew it an appetizer my husband wanted (quail), but I was hesitant to order (we were planning to share) was in front of him and the one we were to share was in front of me!! He was delighted and later said he was thrilled with the quail (that he say was insanely delicious) rather than a dessert.
All in all it was a wonderful dining experience and cannot wait until we can return.....thank you for making my man feel so special!!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

The food and service at 208 Talbot was hands down one of my lifetime best experiences. The rib eye almost melted in my mouth and the service was superb. The atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxing, just perfect for our holiday gathering. Kudos to 208 Talbot, I will definitely recommend to my family and friends. If i had to sum up my experience today using only one word, I would say "Excellent".