“Mmmmmmmm”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

What's a place this good doing in a little place like St. Michaels? This is big-city excellence in service and cuisine. And while the tab was a bit on the high side for what you'd expect "good" to be in a nice small town, it was about half what we've paid in big cities for food, service, and atmosphere that was almost - or almost almost - as good. BRAVO! (And thank you intrepid Trip Advisor reviewers for steering us in absolutely the right direction!)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

While visiting St. Michaels on our honeymoon, we visited some of the nicer restaurants in the area. 208 Talbot was definitely my favorite of the two. The food was phenomenal, but the service is what set this restaurant apart. The server was very down to earth, and made the experience quite pleasurable. The prices are high, but the quality is worth it. Make a reservation!

1  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I ate here for the first time and I must say, it was one of the best meals I've ever had. Salmon on spinach on a bed of cheddar grits and topped with two grilled shrimp. I could tell that lots of time went into the creation of the dish, and I’d go back just to have it again (going back would be about 175 miles round trip). The service was perfect - around enough, so that we had everything we needed, but not around so much we felt interrupted, good recommendation on the wine and willing to talk about the food in detail. The restaurant is in a cool old house. It’s walking distance to nice shops.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This restaurant was raved about so we made reservations (recommended) and went. Our entrees were delicious (I had Corvino fish) and my husband the organic salmon. The apps were decent but not worth $30 for 2. All in all we spent $133 for 2 apps, entrees and 2 glasses of wine (inc. tip). If we go again we would just get entrees - and grab beer at the awesome St. Michael's brewery after (closes at 6pm) and dessert in town.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ok, I have been eating soft-shell crabs for over 40 years and the ones I savored at this restaurant were the best I have ever eaten. On the bottom of the plate were kernels of Eastern Shore white corn, cut pieces of green beans and a butter/ Old Bay sauce that was delicious. Pair that with the perfectly crisped soft-shell crabs with no trace of oil from frying (description said they are flash-fried) and it is a dish to truly enjoy. Besides this dish, I also enjoyed the asparagus ravioli that I shared with my husband and a salad with the perfect amount of dressing. The chef has a true understanding of the combination of flavors to please a customer!

1  Thank Michelle S