“Great stop on the way back to our room”

The Blackthorn Irish Pub
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Cuisines: Irish
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great stop on the way back to our room”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A great stop to include in our bar hopping as we were heading back to our room....music was great and beer cold...

“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great service, great food. I ordered the build your own burger. Hands down the best burger I've ever had. I only wish I wasn't two hours away! Blackthorn's would be my weekly go to place!

BALTIMORE
“Grand”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location on the main street in town, very attentive staff, great service, great food, great atmosphere and good Irish pub music playing in the background.

Bel Air, Maryland
“Food was good but the flies annoyed us”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We dined at 5:00 on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was empty (a bad sign.) We were promptly seated by the front windows, which was great. We enjoyed watching the people go by and the view. I ordered the cream of crab soup which was very tasty, and included lumps of crabmeat with a spicy kick. I wished I had ordered a bowl! My husband ordered the BYOB burger, medium. It came well-done. I found this hard to excuse -- the restaurant was not busy, so why wasn't it done right? The steak fries were exceptionally good, perfectly seasoned. I also ordered 1/2 lb of the steamed shrimp for my entree. The plate included about 10 jumbo shrimp with a serving of drawn butter. I would have preferred cocktail sauce (isn't drawn butter for lobster?). Overall, the food was good. What really annoyed us was the flies hovering around our table. The weather was pleasant and the staff kept the front door open. As we were seated by the front door, the flies decided to feast on our dinner. When I complained to the waitress, her comment was "yeah, they bother us too." Duh -- why don't you close the front door? I could not wait to get out of there. This could have been a pleasant dining experience, but it wasn't.

• Visited July 2014
Lewes, Delaware
“Ok”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Found the pub after several other restaurants were packed or out of our price range. We were a group of 9 (no reservation), and were seated after a short wait. We had only one server, which delayed our service from time to time. Most enjoyed their meals, some were disappointed. Lots of locals and a few families were dining and enjoying the World Cup coverage. The (stereo) music was loud, which made conversation tough.

I would probably skip the pub if I were to dine in-town again.