“Chilly reception, intentionally rude staff.”

The Pub at the Inn at Perry Cabin
Price range: US$45 - US$75
Cuisines: American, International, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
“Chilly reception, intentionally rude staff.”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Host was snooty [ not a evaluation I make lightly]. When we req. bread, waitress offered bread to other tables first, ours last. Req for beverages were slow. Food was just ok. So disapointed as my previous visit was lovely and I brought guests this time. I will not return.

• Visited June 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Special occasion dinner but overrated”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had received several recommendations for dinner, so while in St Michael's on our "Mini Moon" we thought this would be a great special occasion dinner to celebrate. The food was OK, we did the tasting menu with wine pairings, but the service did not meet the level of fine dining the establishment aims for. The waitress did not explain any of the wines or plates as they arrived at the table. I know St. Michael's is a small town and not a city, but I expected with the quality of hotel that the tasting menu would be on par with any fine dining experience. I don't think this was worth the money.

Visited June 2014
Middletown
“One of the best”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We started with the buffet breakfast and must say, it was soooo fresh that if you didn't see the warming trays, you would believe each dish was made to order for you. The staff was friendly and courteous, addressed you by name and didn't rush you.
After breakfast we said we had to try dinner. As we had expected, dinner was great. In some of the reviews, people complained about the cost but if you enjoy fine dinning, the cost is actually less than you would expect. The service at dinner was as to be expected GREAT. The food is what you get from any five star restaurant. If in the area make a reservation and have dinner.

Visited May 2014
“Great experience all around”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a Mom/Daughters weekend and I wanted to book the best restaurant in town and this was the place! I wish we could afford to stay here but we walked around the property before dinner and then enjoyed great food and wine and of course dessert/coffee. The dining room doesn't have a bad seat. The staff is very friendly. I consider myself a "crab cake snob" since I grew up on the eastern shore and their crab cakes were out of this world! I even let my sisters and mom try it just so they'd believe me. It was well worth the extra $

• Visited May 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Fancy and delicious”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Sherwood's Landing is the main restaurant in the Inn at Perry Cabin. The setting is beautiful, with lots of windows overlooking the gardens and the Bay. Tables for two against the windows are fabulous, but larger parties will have to sit in the center of the room, or in the part in the IPC building proper. Service was excellent but not too obtrusive. When the wine I ordered turned out to be out, the waiter made a suggestion for a substitute: $20 more per bottle, which he offered to discount $10. In this case, it was a fortuitous event, since it was a superb wine. Appetizers were good, but not spectacular. Both entrees (butter poached lobster, and tilefish on roasted spring vegetables with vierge sauce) were cooked very nicely. I found the vierge sauce to be too vinegary, so much so that it interfered with the delicate taste of the fish.
We shared a desert (lemon thyme olive oil cake with black tea ice cream) that was forgettable.

Bottom line: A fine dinner in beautiful surroundings, but please see my review of Bistro St. Michaels. Sherwood's is great, if you're staying for more than one day…

Visited April 2014