I kidnapped my husband for a much needed escape from our hectic stressful schedules over the weekend of July 18th, which was also his birthday. We received a warm welcome from Janet as we arrived Thursday evening along with a tour of all of the beautiful rooms which have been lovingly restored and decorated personally by her. Since we had chartered a fishing trip the next morning we did not get a chance to enjoy her amazing breakfast menu until Saturday, which was well worth the wait! Our entire experience in St Michaels would not have been as wonderful had we not had stayed at the Dr. Dodson house. Janet was delightful, the bed was heavenly with soft linens and pillows.. There were robes, iPod docking stations, access to a lovely porch for morning coffee...all in the quiet yet convenient location to all of the activities within walking and biking distance. Janet even surprised us by icing down our favorite bottles of wine and had them waiting
for us after our long bike ride from St Michaels to Oxford! Conversation over breakfast with the other guests was fun and interesting too! I highly recommend staying with Janet at the Dr. Dodson House B&B... You will not be disappointed! Pricey? Yes... But worth every penny believe me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dr. Dodson House offers five-star hospitality and the perfect location for exploring St. Michaels. We are just steps from the harbor and one block away from the great shops and restaurants on Talbot Street. History buffs will appreciate the c.1799 brick home's original features, including doors, woodwork, fireplaces, and wavy glass. Beautifully appointed guest rooms, lovely gardens, the second-story porch and delicious breakfasts have delighted guests since 1994. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Dodson House Bed And Breakfast
- Dr. Dodson House Hotel St. Michaels
- Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast St. Michaels, Maryland