“Annual Birthday Tradition”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Annual Birthday Tradition”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This is the third year my fiancée and I have come to Dr. Dodson to celebrate her birthday, and we wouldn't consider going anywhere else. Janet is a genuine pleasure - she called us this year to offer an early check-in - and the rooms are all gorgeous (their renovated master suite on the top floor is beautiful). Breakfast is always the highlight of our stay here and it never disappoints, from the Eggs Benedict to the lemon-ricotta pancakes. Do yourself a favor and check this place out for yourself :)

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary in the Douglass suite at this beautiful B&B. This is Janet's 21st year as an innkeeper and it shows in her attention to detail and hospitality. Even before our stay, she was wonderful at providing activity and restaurant recommendations. Having grown up in a house of similar vintage, I was very impressed by how well kept it is. The suite is beautiful, quiet, and luxurious. She thought of absolutely everything. I left more relaxed than I've been in months. The morning view of the river from our room combined with Janet's amazing breakfasts could make me a morning person! I especially enjoyed conversation with her and the other guests over breakfast. The location is perfectly central to shops, restaurants, and the museum. I wouldn't change a thing about our visit and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms, but the Douglass Suite is hard to top. This two room...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alicia G
Maryland
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We had an enjoyable stay at the Dr. Dodson house for our anniversary. The room was beautiful, clean and comfy. This was our first B and B experience and it didn't disappoint. We had the house to ourselves which was lovely. Janet is a kind hostess and made a delicious breakfast. I had a waffle with bananas and nuts and my husband had eggs Benedict. We enjoyed our stay in at Michaels with a sunset sail on the Selina and a bike ride through town. This is a pricy place to stay but worth the price for a special occasion and the location is perfect for strolling around the town. We would love to come back soon!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank np79
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are JUST leaving St. Michaels after having a beautiful long weekend stay at Dr. Dodson House. Although the home is everything you'd hope for in a B&B, including luxurious linens, beaucoup d'antiques, completely updated baths with beautiful tile and marble...it's Janet who makes the stay extra special! She is a wonderfully creative chef. We were there for three of her breakfasts. Each started with fresh fruit and a small scoop of berry sorbet. Of our 3 entrees, my favorite was her Belgium waffle...you've gotta try it! But the French toast and Eggs Benedict were truly yummy too! I could have sworn we were in the south with her complete charm and storytelling. We will definitely be back! Thank you, Janet...

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank lrazze
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I kidnapped my husband for a much needed escape from our hectic stressful schedules over the weekend of July 18th, which was also his birthday. We received a warm welcome from Janet as we arrived Thursday evening along with a tour of all of the beautiful rooms which have been lovingly restored and decorated personally by her. Since we had chartered a fishing trip the next morning we did not get a chance to enjoy her amazing breakfast menu until Saturday, which was well worth the wait! Our entire experience in St Michaels would not have been as wonderful had we not had stayed at the Dr. Dodson house. Janet was delightful, the bed was heavenly with soft linens and pillows.. There were robes, iPod docking stations, access to a lovely porch for morning coffee...all in the quiet yet convenient location to all of the activities within walking and biking distance. Janet even surprised us by icing down our favorite bottles of wine and had them waiting
for us after our long bike ride from St Michaels to Oxford! Conversation over breakfast with the other guests was fun and interesting too! I highly recommend staying with Janet at the Dr. Dodson House B&B... You will not be disappointed! Pricey? Yes... But worth every penny believe me!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kimberly K
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I just loved staying at the Dr. Dodson house. I was very lucky to get a room since the owner, Janet, was away for the weekend and had not initially planned on renting the rooms. But, their son-in-law agreed to help out and they discounted the room since there was no breakfast. It was very easy to communicate with Janet, who sent me a detailed email on where to find the key and everything else I needed. The room was beautiful, with nice extra touches such as a coffee pot and biscottis. I loved sitting on the porch to relax after a day exploring the town. The son-in-law did a great job cleaning the room. I also felt honored to stay in the same home that Frederick Douglas visited to reconcile with his former owner, who was staying at the house. While somewhat expensive, I feel like it was worth it and I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank trvladdict
Smyrna, DE
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was an anniversary weekend getaway experience. B&B is very well-maintained and breakfast each morning was very tasty. Janet is the innkeeper and runs a very professional inn. House has 3 bedrooms, each with their own washroom facilities. Location is near the St. Michaels marina and within easy walking distance of everything within the town limits. Would definitely stay here again if we ever return to St. Michaels. One downside is parking. It's on-street only, so we felt compelled to leave our vehicle in the same place as it gets very crowded in the streets.

Room Tip: As to be expected for a two-story colonial-era B&B there are no elevators and the stairwell is n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Wades Point Inn on the Bay
Five Gables Inn & Spa
Five Gables Inn & Spa
#8 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!