“Lovely Little Green Cafe!”
Review of Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

Key Lime Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I enjoyed my short visit here...popped in just when they closed after lunch but they were lovely and fixed me a fresh salad to go! I've eaten here before and been quite satisfied with the health focused menu and fresh, clean atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Key Lime Cafe

Reviewed 27 October 2013

St. Michaels is a charming little town near the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and on the main street there is this little restaurant that has a claim to fame. It was just featured in Martha Stewart's magazine for outstanding Key Lime Pie and a special omelette. We stopped here for lunch and verified the pleasant atmosphere, great service, and good cuisine. I was puzzled by the vegetable crab soup that had a strong sour taste (probably something expected in this area). The hamburger was decent but the rest of everything was excellent. The Key Lime Pie was outstanding as expected.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This place was really bad. It was unclear as to whether we were supposed to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. After literally walking around in a circle, looking for someone to help us, someone finally came and told us to just sit anywhere....except for the place we wanted to sit apparently - that section was closed.

My friend and I both ordered a hamburger. THIRTY MINUTES later, sans food, I finally went to look for someone to ask when we should expect it. I was told it was being plated right then. It arrived 5 minutes later. After having waited 35 minutes for a lousy hamburger, I was starving and really hoping it would be good. Alas, it was not to be. The hamburgers came with a side of
"homemade tortilla chips." I got eight (yes, I counted) fried pieces of dough that were about 1"x1", four of which were burnt to inedible, the other four which were under-cooked so they tasted stale. My friend also got eight chips. We both ordered our burger "medium" and they were both well done and cheese barely melted. There were a total of six people in the place, including my friend and I - it's not like they were busy.

Our waitress never returned to check on us so I had to ration the one glass of water she gave me. In addition, when a new party of customers arrived, we learned that there was a special that day which our waitress had failed to tell us about.

We even had to find someone to ask for the check for this terrible experience.

This really ruined an otherwise very pleasant day.

If you want to continue to enjoy your visit to this charming town, avoid Key Lime Cafe.

1  Thank jahmekajersey
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Went here to grab a quick breakfast before heading back home. We chose this place because if Martha Stewart recommends it, it HAS to be good...what a mistake THAT was! From the moment we walked in it was bad. We were ignored and didn't know if our party of six were to sit ourselves, or they sit us. Once they sat us. It took them 30 MINUTES to even take our Order. After seeing three other couples leave, because they weren't getting service either, we were literally getting up to leave when they finally brought our food out - total time - 1HOUR AND 15 minutes! Once the food arrived we were stunned because a side of toast is usually 2 slices, theirs however, was one slice cut in half. When someone in my party made a comment about it, their reply was "it's two pieces of toast." when my girlfriend said, "no, it's one slice cut in half'" they said ,"we can get you another order." Yeah, for another $1.50!!! The bacon that came with my eggs was one slice cut in half. The price of this place along with the quantity of the food was bad enough, toss in the poor customer service....STAY AWAY!!!

1  Thank city2country
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Key Lime Cafe was "highly" recommended by the manager of the spa at Inn at Perry Cabin. The hostess was very nice and seated us promptly - off to a good start. Down hill from there. Our server (different from hostess) was not attentive at all - forgot flatware - waited forever for our beverages - hot water but no tea bag, no condiments - took FOREVER. The place was not busy at all - only one other table. The food was OK...meh. If you order an omelet...thats what you get...an omelet on a plate and thats it - no potatoes - no fruit. Toast came late and cold. Big bummer because the place is cute and right on the main drag. Maybe it was a bad day?

1  Thank DMBNYC1967