“OK food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were hungry and this place was close to where we parked. The burger I had was ok, it needed more flavor, the fries were a bit hard. The homemade potato chips were the best part of the meal. Another in our group had grilled cheese that was just average as well. Nothing was terrible but nothing was that great either.

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We visit St. Michaels each year on the second week of November. But, this was our first time eating at the Key Lime Cafe. It is a small but pleasant restaurant- only about a dozen or so tables and booths. It wasn't busy when we arrived but it got very busy a short time later. We were greeted by the hostess and promptly seated for lunch. Our waitress was there moments later to take our drink orders. We both had the chef salad ( $13.) which was fresh with egg, lettuce, ham, cheese, turkey and tomatoes. Olives also come in the salad but we opted to leave them out. My wife asked for bacon in place of tomatoes. No problem. We ordered a side of pickles ($3) and a croissant($2.25 each). Afterwards, I enjoyed a cup of fresh brewed coffee and a slice of their signature Key Lime pie which was featured in a 2013 issue of Martha Stewart's magazine. I lived in Key West at one time so my expectations about Key Lime pie are very high. I wasn't disappointed. Excellent texture and just the right amount of tartness. All in all for $50 excluding tip it was a bit pricey for lunch but was worth it. We experienced none of the problems encountered by other reviewers.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I enjoyed my short visit here...popped in just when they closed after lunch but they were lovely and fixed me a fresh salad to go! I've eaten here before and been quite satisfied with the health focused menu and fresh, clean atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

St. Michaels is a charming little town near the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and on the main street there is this little restaurant that has a claim to fame. It was just featured in Martha Stewart's magazine for outstanding Key Lime Pie and a special omelette. We stopped here for lunch and verified the pleasant atmosphere, great service, and good cuisine. I was puzzled by the vegetable crab soup that had a strong sour taste (probably something expected in this area). The hamburger was decent but the rest of everything was excellent. The Key Lime Pie was outstanding as expected.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This place was really bad. It was unclear as to whether we were supposed to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. After literally walking around in a circle, looking for someone to help us, someone finally came and told us to just sit anywhere....except for the place we wanted to sit apparently - that section was closed.

My friend and I both ordered a hamburger. THIRTY MINUTES later, sans food, I finally went to look for someone to ask when we should expect it. I was told it was being plated right then. It arrived 5 minutes later. After having waited 35 minutes for a lousy hamburger, I was starving and really hoping it would be good. Alas, it was not to be. The hamburgers came with a side of
"homemade tortilla chips." I got eight (yes, I counted) fried pieces of dough that were about 1"x1", four of which were burnt to inedible, the other four which were under-cooked so they tasted stale. My friend also got eight chips. We both ordered our burger "medium" and they were both well done and cheese barely melted. There were a total of six people in the place, including my friend and I - it's not like they were busy.

Our waitress never returned to check on us so I had to ration the one glass of water she gave me. In addition, when a new party of customers arrived, we learned that there was a special that day which our waitress had failed to tell us about.

We even had to find someone to ask for the check for this terrible experience.

This really ruined an otherwise very pleasant day.

If you want to continue to enjoy your visit to this charming town, avoid Key Lime Cafe.

1  Thank jahmekajersey