“HORRIBLE STAFF!!!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“HORRIBLE STAFF!!!!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I am extremely disappointed with my service today at key like cafe of Stuart. I used to love eating there and really enjoy the limeades. This afternoon I went with a friend for a couple of drinks at the bar. My friend is only visiting the US this week because he is here for a tennis tournament. He's a professional world wide tennis player. Anyway since he is not from the US he doesn't have any form of ID. So I order an orange limeade with vodka and the bartender comes back with just a shot of vodka and said to wait for my orange limeade. So then my friend goes to order his drink and she asks for his ID. He tells her that he doesn't have one because he is not from the US. So then the bartender goes to get the manager. When the manager came up to us she said SO rudely "sorry you can't drink here if you don't have any form of ID" he's trying to explain to her his circumstance and she could even google him. We understand that this is not the correct form of ID which is understandable. So since my drink wasn't even ready we just decided to leave. The manager immediately runs after us and says "if you leave that's a felony and my husband is a cop and I'll have you arrested if you don't pay for that drink". Can I remind you that I ordered an orange limeade with vodka. NOT and orange limeade and a shot of vodka. To avoid any further problems I just payed this woman the 4 dollars for the shot. I'm not upset about paying for my drink that I didn't even physically touch but I'm mad about how rude and unprofessional this manager was! I believe her name was kris. So horrible!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Joviexo

Sandy Spring, Maryland
“OK food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were hungry and this place was close to where we parked. The burger I had was ok, it needed more flavor, the fries were a bit hard. The homemade potato chips were the best part of the meal. Another in our group had grilled cheese that was just average as well. Nothing was terrible but nothing was that great either.

Visited October 2013
“Enjoyed it very much”
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We visit St. Michaels each year on the second week of November. But, this was our first time eating at the Key Lime Cafe. It is a small but pleasant restaurant- only about a dozen or so tables and booths. It wasn't busy when we arrived but it got very busy a short time later. We were greeted by the hostess and promptly seated for lunch. Our waitress was there moments later to take our drink orders. We both had the chef salad ( $13.) which was fresh with egg, lettuce, ham, cheese, turkey and tomatoes. Olives also come in the salad but we opted to leave them out. My wife asked for bacon in place of tomatoes. No problem. We ordered a side of pickles ($3) and a croissant($2.25 each). Afterwards, I enjoyed a cup of fresh brewed coffee and a slice of their signature Key Lime pie which was featured in a 2013 issue of Martha Stewart's magazine. I lived in Key West at one time so my expectations about Key Lime pie are very high. I wasn't disappointed. Excellent texture and just the right amount of tartness. All in all for $50 excluding tip it was a bit pricey for lunch but was worth it. We experienced none of the problems encountered by other reviewers.

Mississippi
“Lovely Little Green Cafe!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I enjoyed my short visit here...popped in just when they closed after lunch but they were lovely and fixed me a fresh salad to go! I've eaten here before and been quite satisfied with the health focused menu and fresh, clean atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Dagsboro, Delaware
“The Key Lime Pie is Real”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

St. Michaels is a charming little town near the coast of the Chesapeake Bay and on the main street there is this little restaurant that has a claim to fame. It was just featured in Martha Stewart's magazine for outstanding Key Lime Pie and a special omelette. We stopped here for lunch and verified the pleasant atmosphere, great service, and good cuisine. I was puzzled by the vegetable crab soup that had a strong sour taste (probably something expected in this area). The hamburger was decent but the rest of everything was excellent. The Key Lime Pie was outstanding as expected.

• Visited October 2013