“Tasty fish taco”

Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in St. Michaels
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the dock overlooking the beautiful St.Michaels Harbor. Dog friendly
dekopps@aol.com
“Tasty fish taco”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I ate here today. It is a lovely water front venue and we were able to seat ourselves for lunch. They have a huge drink menu and lots of beer on tap. The waitresses were extremely efficient. It was slow at noon and I think they are used to a much faster pace and having to turn the customers over quickly. They took my husband's plate while he still had the last bite of sandwich in his hand. It was more comical than annoying. The fish taco was very tasty. It was rolled up like a burrito. I actually expected a bigger serving. The sides with sandwiches are chips, bean salad, or cole slaw. The slaw and been salad were good, but once again, the portions were small. Like I'm talking a little plastic container the size you get for pickles when you order a sub in a deli. I think they can do better than that, but probably don't have to. My husband got the tuna sandwich. That was actually a nicer portion than the fish taco and the accompanying sauce was very good. Nice atmosphere and staff, so I would go back.

Visited July 2014

Brandy Station, Virginia
“Great Gaspatcho”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Love GHaspatcho and Foxy's has some of t he best and it is topped with crab which makes it outstanding. Makes my summer trip to Saint Michaels a real pleasure.

Visited July 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Great place for fun waterfront food and drinks!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We ate dinner at Foxys after arriving in town, as we were looking for something easy, casual, and relaxing. Foxy's looks like the average island themed dock and dine, but the food was MUCH better! Everyone enjoyed their seafood, and my locally sourced Bison burger was great. The best part, of course, are the drinks and the atmosphere. This outdoor on-the-dock restaurant has a great view of the harbour and the live music (although a little loud for the small space) made it very fun. The drinks were fantastic, and my frozen creation (not the typical out-of-the-bottle offering) was just what I needed to get in vacation mode. I give it three stars because it is not the fine dining or gourmet meal spot, but its other attributes really make a great place to stop for drinks or an easy meal while in town.
Things to know:
The music was a little loud for the small space, but at least it was live. All of the seating is outdoors and smoking is permitted so keep that in mind if that is a problem for you.
Good sized bar area in addition to tables.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Food AND a view”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Foxy's has a great outdoor patio on the harbor with great views. I seated myself (a Wednesday afternoon at 2pm) and was immediately given a menu and a beverage order was taken. I ordered the "fish tacos" which was actually a HUGE soft burrito. The fish was tender, flaky and not breaded or fried. The wrap included some salsa with a nice zing, some slaw and melted cheese (cheddar, I think). I could only eat half, and asked them to wrap the other half in foil so I could put it in my cooler for the bus ride home. They did so and kept it in their refrigerator until I was ready to leave the lovely town. So I highly recommend this place. Great food, attentive service and an awesome view. Can't wait to go back and eat there again.

Trappe, Maryland
“Delicious”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are local but needed an escape from Easton for a lunch on the water in St Michaels today. Foxy's used to be a fun place to drink on the water and look at the boats but I can honestly say I've never had anything to eat there. So today my friend and I ordered a soft crab sandwich and a black and blue burger, they were both very good, especially the crab. A soft crab sandwich can be done poorly if the crab is not prepared before hand and cleaned well. This one was really perfect, it came with some type of spiced mayo and a soft bun, absolutely delicious. We sat outside and the setting is beautiful in St Michaels harbor, it felt like we were on vacation. If it hadn't been noon on a tuesday I would have sat there all afternoon drinking beer; there are dozens of taps with different microbrews. I will be back to try them soon. Also, it didn't hurt that the waitress was very cute and friendly. Overall Foxy's is a great pick if you're in the area for lunch, dinner or a couple drinks.