“Great Experience at Wine Fest!”

Saint Michaels Winery
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just wanted to thank Lindsay for excellent service at the Wine Fest at Sotterly Plantation! She was awesome!

All reviews
"b b"
"gift shop"
"a lot of fun"

Reviewed 2 October 2013

If you're in town, stop in. Not really worth a special trip. Bartender is very nice, but the wines are pricey. We did a small flight, $6 per person. The wines tasted fine, but nothing out of the ordinary.

1  Thank ellgar5
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I'm no wine snob nor am I a connoisseur...but my wife and I belong to 5 different wineries in Loudoun County, Va, and have been visiting wineries in California and Virginia for a few years...we know what we like and found the wines here better than I expected...that may sound bad, but considering the location and the climate, I was expecting different wines.

The whites were better than the reds, in our opinion, but the Chocolate Zin was very good.

We chose the Staff favorites - 8 wines for $8...not a bad price.

The pourer did a wonderful job and knew the answers to most of our questions (where are the wines grown? aged in oak or stainless steel? French or American oak? Malolactic fermentation?)

We didn't buy any, mostly because we were on a getaway weekend, but not a bad place to visit and sample some pretty good wines.

1  Thank JT03
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was our second time visiting St. Michaels Winery for wine tasting. The wines were excellent, and the servers were both knowledgeable and friendly! They offer quite a few excellent wines!! One thing I noticed, they no longer give you the glasses from the tasting for free, but offer them for purchase at $3 apiece. They also need more offerings for gift selections.

1  Thank DFedor