“Nightmare in St. Michaels”
Review of St. Michaels Inn

St. Michaels Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
california, md
“Nightmare in St. Michaels”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have stayed here before but this is the last time!
We checked in Friday the 13th of June.
checked out this morning Sunday June 15 th.
From the front desk being rude and I stood at the front counter while 2 employees ignored me.
One answered the phone a lady was booking a wedding in July I stood there while the clerk d
helpme me I need to check in...they both still ignore me so I said loud enough for the caller to hear....i would think someone in front of you would be more important than a phone call. Finally got checked in by a rude untrained clerk.
Then the room had over 15 flies they were therebecause 2 weeks ago they had a plumbing problem. Then around 3 am I get up and see the lamp by bed isnt plugged in and when I try to plug it in fire and sparks come out of the receptacle. Then a loud buzzing alarm goes off in the room next door at 430am. I report to the 800 customer service for best western and they iffer me points for my inconvenience. When I tried to talk with front desk they were busy with 5 other people trying to check out whose bills were wrong. Go somewhere ekse!!!

Room Tip: There were two pools one open and dirty the other closed and green.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank californiamdtravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Washington State
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Wow! I can overlook the tired, old, worn out hotel (or does it classify as a motel?), but the grouch at the front desk was hard to get over. I figured after a few days she might cheer up. Nope, not happening. The nicest people I met were some of the housekeepers, and the lady in the kitchen. I get it that "tourists" can be demanding and a royal pain in the rear. However, tourists keep money in your pocket, so drop the attitude.
The only reason they didn't get a one star was because of the nice staff I talked to. Won't stay here again if we are in the area. The whole place needs a make-over. On the up side it was relatively clean in spite of its obvious age. Breakfast was just okay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these St. Michaels hotels

Portland, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wall paper peeling off the wall, carpet feels like it hadn't been steam cleaned in years, there was some kind of rust or mold in the crevices at the top of the shower and water stains on ceiling and walls. The WiFi was very slow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

5 Thank James W
Doylestown PA
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Upon check in we were taken to a dirty room. Carpet not vacuumed, bed made but no blanket. We asked to be moved. When I explained that the room was dirty the proprietor's family member smiled??? The second room was acceptable but still not as clean as it should have been. The carpet was newer but the edges were dusty. Bathroom needed some attention along with a wall mirror that had not been cleaned in years. Both pools were locked, but the front pool, dirtier of the two was unlocked when we asked. The algae was so bad we could go in, when asked to unlock back pool, we were told it had not been approved by Bd of Health.

Thank goodness this was a good location and too bad there was not another room to be had in St. Michaels'.

I am not sure if the return business was important to this motel owner.

Room Tip: Book directly with your choice of hotel not thru a third party booking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Piper060
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed the week after Memorial Day, having been here before without issue. Generally, it's the only affordable place in a great location, with two pools and pretty good breakfast. This time, in the rear wing, there was no security to get into the hotel at all (at any hour), spilled food in hallway went unattended for at least 24 hours, rooms were under repair and left open, my room had a piece of cardboard stuck in the bathroom ceiling fan. I have not had an issue with this hotel and I'm not fussy, but they better lower their rates if they want people to put up with that kind of hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Jeffrey S
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is definitely dated, but it gets the job done. The check-in was quick and courteous. The room was clean. No frills, but hey, it's what you get. I didn't get to have the breakfast that was offered (I slept late), but it's a nice offer. The grounds were ok. Again, it's a budget hotel. You get what you pay for. It was a bit pricey for one night, but again, it's also peak travel season.
The beds were comfy, and again, clean enough.
You're not in this area to be spending your time in a motel. So it gets the job done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Port Penn, Delaware
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Place is the worst ever. We canceled a reservation. They still charged us for the room and we never even stayed there. Plenty of other places to stay. Stay. Far far away from here. Could be the biggest scam ever. Rip off poor suckers who did not even stay at the hotel. They claimed we never canceled the reservation. I guess they are never wrong. Stay away. Stay far far away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#7 of 13 in St. Michaels
Harbourtowne Resort
Harbourtowne Resort
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to St. Michaels Inn? Share your experiences!