My friend and I booked one night at Harbourtowne Resort in anticipation of an atmosphere we usually associate with a resort. We were not expecting the Ritz but this was little more than a golf motel. All of the rooms do face the water so there is that, however there was not a single boat or other activity on the water to be seen. When we arrived we were the only car in the parking lot. Other than two workers repairing a building, there were no other people outside. We walked over to the "Country Club" which turned out to be little more than a large outdated room with someone powerwashing the floors. Again, there were no people to be found.
After exploring St. Michaels (this can be done in under two hours) we returned to our "resort" in anticipation of having dinner and enjoying some atmosphere. As of 6 PM we were the only people in sight. The dining room was open, but no one was there and all of the chairs were on top of the tables. Not exactly a place where we wished to dine. We went back to our room (seemed tidy but not a tad of luxury; no fridge, tiny bathroom, bland surroundings). After sitting on the patio for 10 minutes without seeing another human, boat or any activity, we packed up and left. Of course the management promised a refund if they rebooked our room that night. FAT CHANCE! Go to Annapolis, Baltimore or even the other side of the Bay Bridge unless you like total seclusion in a "fancy" Motel 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbourtowne - St. Michaels is located on Maryland's beautiful Eastern Shore and a premiere destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Our property boasts 'Spectacular Views - Everyday' with 111 guest rooms nestled along the banks of East Chesapeake Bay and Miles River - every room is within 100 feet of the water! The Conference Center Our Conference Center caters to groups from 10-160 for meetings, team-building events and retreats. Our 18,000 square feet of meeting space has natural lighting and our on-site professional planners customize meeting experiences according to needs and budget. Waterfront Weddings and Events Harbourtowne - St. Michaels remains a top choice for waterfront weddings, receptions as well as events and gatherings. We have a full-time coordinator on property to assist with every detail for planning and executing an affair to remember. The Town Our property is lucky to share the same zip code with the historically rich, charming town of St. Michaels. The town's cobble-stone walks are lined with boutiques, art galleries and restaurants unique to this area of Maryland and museums provide cultural history about this area. At Harbourtowne - St. Michaels, you'll enjoy the laid back atmosphere most notable to the Eastern Shore lifestyle and we're a short drive from Washington, DC, Baltimore and Philadelphia. Let us be a part of your Eastern Shore Experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Harbourtowne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourtowne Golf Hotel St. Michaels
- Harbourtowne Hotel Saint Michaels
- Harbourtowne Golf Resort
- Harbourtowne Resort St. Michaels, Maryland