“Wish we could have stayed longer”

St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Wish we could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stumbled across the hotel by accident on our tour and loved it ! Everyone was friendly, welcoming and attentive. Our room was huge, with a fab view over the bay. We dined in the hotel restaurant, which again overlooked the bay. Our dinner was excellent and our server, Jo, was friendly, chatty and really enjoys her work.
The person on reception, another Joe, was friendly and helpful, finding an old Nokia charger for my phone !
The renovations were not at all intrusive.
We would love to return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynton191
Robert P, General Manager at St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Lynette and Anthony,

I’m pleased to hear that you stumbled upon us and (as luck would have it) enjoyed nearly every facet of our Hotel. Next time you will have to try the Spa.

I appreciate your remarks about our staff. It is our mission to provide an enjoyable experience for our guests. Certainly, the wonderful area and our magnificent views help facilitate that experience.

We hope to have the privilege of accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to this great part of the world.

Robert Pascal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Haddon Heights, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We booked a girls getaway and totally enjoyed the Spa and the Restaurant, however the price quoted on the phone were not honored. When we checked in it was $800 more for our stay than the initial amount! When I talked to the front desk manager, Francine, she was rude and could not care less about my price difference and even said "did you look at the internet - that rate was correct" No, I did not I booked it over the phone with a representative explaining and pricing the whole package. I tried not to let this dampen my time there but as its almost a year later, I am still upset about it. Loved, loved the area and would go back in a heartbeat, but wouldn't stay there...sadly. Be careful upon booking, and get a price in writing, which I was unable to obtain and kept me from having any leverage when they overcharged me.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank suchabigboy
Robert P, General Manager at St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Suchabigboy,
I offer my sincerest apologies for the miscommunication that occurred during your stay with us. While I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the services in our Spa and in our Restaurant, I regret that the misunderstanding about your charges resulted in you leaving dissatisfied.

I am pleased that you plan on returning to the area, it is indeed a lovely place to visit. I hope that we can ameliorate your dissatisfaction so that you would consider returning to the Harbour Inn.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding this matter. Please email me at rpascal@harbourinn.com.
WPB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a night and I wish we had more time to spend. We received an upgrade to the 3rd floor with a fabulous view of the harbor with a balcony. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend and return. Renovations aside it was fab!

Stayed April 2012
Robert P, General Manager at St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear ChanceWpb,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. St. Michaels is wonderful town and we are glad to be a part of your Great experience here. Thank you for your compliments to our staff; it is always a pleasure to hear that our Chesapeake hospitality is appreciated.

We will be finished with renovations soon and we look forward to welcoming you back so can share our progress with you.

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We go to the Harbour Inn Spa and just love it. Tim and Carrie take great care of the beautiful facility and are talented massage therapists. We LOVE it. The best around, without a doubt. And, as an added bonus, an awesome steam room and shower. What a great way to relax!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Westigail,

Thank you for your positive feedback about our Spa. And yes, I must agree that Tim and Carrie are Awesome..
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

.Tim is the wonderful, he relieved all of me tension with the swedish massage. I've been to several Spa's and he's by far the BEST around!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank majorblue
Dear Majorblue,

Thank you for the Kudos to the spa!
We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to the area.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Beautiful views. Service was hospitable and spot on.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear whistleblower1,

We appreciate your short and sweet compliments to our staff. We shall strive to ever remain "spot on".

Cordova, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband, 7 year old daughter, and I are local residents, yet we had never visited the restaurant until last night. Amazing meal! Fresh baked herbal bread, 2 large plate of appetizers, significant portion of salmon upon seafood pasta for me, tender coq au vin for him, and a child friendly meal for a picky youngster. Having each purchased the 3 for $25, my husband and I were then served a mouth watering dessert. Not only was the meal amazing, but our greeting upon entering by the hostess and our waitress (Jo) were first class. Even the young men filling water glasses, probably high school age, were obviously trained in pleasant, respectful behavior. Having visited other supposedly fine dining experiences, this was by far the ultimate experience. We are already planning our next visit, this time with guests!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
#4 of 9 in Easton
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
#8 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa? Share your experiences!