“OK but shabby (not chich)”

St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel is 4 blocks from Talbot Street which is the main street in St. Michaels. Got a good price for a suite at this marina hotel - facing marina so that was very nice. Got there before checkin so they took our cell number and called us when it was ready - nice touch. Thought the hotel was nice until I put on the robe in the closet and the sleeves and edges were fraying. Sat on our balcony, put my head back on the chair and saw the paint peeling. Old furniture in sitting area - preferred putting a towel on the chair to sit.
Pool - small so if there are kids playing and thrashing, you will not enjoy yourself. Restaurant poolside was handy.
Breakfast is included but very simple which was fine for us - cereal, yogurt, cut up fruit, frozen bagels, coffee.
Wifi - free wifi but why bother when we couldn't log on with a computer or an ipad. Luckily we had cell phones.
Spa - never saw it open, probably open only for appointment.
Hot Water - First day tried to take a shower in our room after spending time at the the pool - could not get hot water. didn't know we had to take showers in shifts.
Hotel offers amenities to people who dock at their transient dock so most of the people at the small pool were sleeping on their boats and showering in the pool restrooms.
Free bikes (on the older side) available in shed at hotel - nice
Staff were great

Room Tip: ask for marina view with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Snookie709

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to St. Michaels, and I loved it, and The Harbour Inn. It is located on the water, and has it's own marina. Several good restaurants are nearby, and the Harbour Inn has it's own, although we didn't eat there. The Maritime Museum is on the other side of the Harbor, and is within easy walking distance. A water taxi exists, and there are several tourist boat ride options available. The Harbour Inn has loaner bikes available, and they are a great way to check things out. The Inn also has a free shuttle to help guests. All the staff were and friendly and helpful. The grounds were beautiful. The bed was VERY comfortable. The Inn is also very pet friendly. A nice continental breakfast was also served. My only criticism, and it's very minor, is that some parts of our room were showing wear such as a bit of mildew in the shower. We will certainly return to the Harbour Inn. It is a great water front hotel that is super convenient to everything in the historic harbor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I have been to St. Michael's quite a few times, however, we have never stayed at the Harbour Inn. We just returned from staying there for 4 nights for my husband's birthday and it was absolutely lovely. The room was great - perfect view of the harbor and extremely clean and tidy. We arrived a bit early and our room was ready (we were on the 3rd floor) and we checked in without any hitch. The hotel staff were superior - everyone from the front desk to Wes the bartender (best cucumber/basil martini EVER) were perfectly hospitable and friendly! The continental breakfast each morning was a welcome addition which we enjoyed very much nad it was very filling. We did not have a refrig in our room but asked if it would be possible to have one and within minutes they were delivering it to our room! My husband and I truly enjoyed the pool, as our weather was perfect during our stay. We had dinner at the Harbourside Grille and the food was delicious...jambalaya was my favorite. The bicycles are included with your reservation as well, and we enjoyed riding around the area and seeing all the beautiful homes. We cannot WAIT to make a return appearance at this wonderful hotel. We will not be staying anywhere else in St. Michael's!

Room Tip: Third floor - great view of harbor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PM1656
Reviewed 1 July 2014

St. Michaels Harbour Inn is situated beautifully on the water, especially nice if you're coming in by boat. My husband and I went there (drove from KY) when we found a good deal online and wanted to "see something new". The hotel staff was very friendly from the moment I made the reservation to the time we checked out. The room was clean, but definitely had an odor and is showing some wear and tear (cracked tile, spots on the carpet).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle Y
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had room 101....it was beautiful and ready for our early check-in at 1:30....there was a large sitting area....a small "kitchen" if u will with a small fridge...a sink...and a coffee maker....the bedroom was large as well with two queen beds and there were two vanity sinks...one outside the bathroom and one inside....perfect for my sister and I....the sitting area had a large screen tv as did the bedroom....both rooms had great views of the harbor and there was a patio with a sitting area and a small lighthouse that lit up at night right outside the sliding glass doors....the pool is small but it's perfect because it overlooks the harbor....food was good from the on-site restaurant with BIG portions in my opinion....the free Breakfast was more than I expected....small muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal, assorted breads, juice, tea/coffee etc.....there is a shuttle that will take you into town which we used our 1st day......we also "rented" bikes and rode ourselves into town as the shops and Main Street are that close.....the bikes are free....and the spa was wonderful...very clean and friendly staffed....everyone was very nice...we will def be back in the fall...I should also add that the beds were so COMFY and we slept like rocks...we could not hear anything....even the air conditioning clicking on was super silent!!

Room Tip: we loved our room 101....two queen beds on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TriziaC
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Harbour Inn a few times but just got back from a weekend getaway there for our wedding anniversary and it was amazing. We stayed in a captains suite which was huge, it had a bedroom, a family room with a fireplace, and a huge Jacuzzi tub. The tub was so relaxing and one of my favorite things about the room. I always am ready to sleep in my own bed after a vacation but we literally asked what kind of mattress it was in our room because we both had slept so well. Definitely try out the bar and restaurant in the hotel, we enjoyed many different specialty cocktails along with the grilled oysters (so good) I never thought I liked oysters till this weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Jennifer D
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed 1 night with our 2 children and will definitely come back to this Inn. Beautiful location on the water and a nice heavy continental breakfast included. Easy walk to town and a nice lounge on site. Rooms were spacious, clean an up to date.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 13 in St. Michaels
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#4 of 9 in Easton

Been to St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa? Share your experiences!