“Nice place!”

St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel is clean, neat and centrally located. St Michaels Harbor is interesting to wander around and there are a number of really good places to eat - especially crabs. The hotel has a very friendly staff, bikes for free, continental breakfast and a nice deck.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gregory W
There are newer reviews for St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Being a former boater I have been to St. Michaels about 5-6 times before but have never stayed at the Inn and having a room. I chose the third floor room with a very nice sized balcony overlooking the harbor and the MIles river. The accommodations were perfect with wonderful pillows and mattress. Very clean with excellent service and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended two great restaurants in town and we had lunch at Foxy's which has always been one of my favorites. The pool was clean and gave us a great view of the waterway and the docked boats. There is a water taxi that will take you around the harbor. The Patriot sight seeing tour of down the Miles river was relaxing and enjoyable. If you have plans to go to this town do not bypass the Harbour Inn.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor with a balcony overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Although we've lived in Maryland our whole lives, we've always bypassed St. Michael's for the beaches. This year, we decided we'd spend a night in St. Michael's and see what it's like. I googled hotels, and this one seemed like it had the best location on the water. I read TripAdvisor reviews, most of which seemed to say that it's a nice hotel but a bit dated or worn in some spots. I think that's a fair assessment, but one that would not keep us from coming back again or from recommending it to others. We really enjoyed our stay here.

We stayed in Room 315, which is a Waterfront Room with a Queen size bed. We had a very spacious deck with a table, umbrella, two chairs, and a great view of the marina, the water, and the waterfront restaurants and homes. The room itself had a spacious closet, furniture that was a bit older but in good condition. Our bathroom had a fantastic shower, but the sink had very little counter space. That is something to consider if you're staying for longer than just a night or two.

The Fitness Room was on our floor, and it was literally just a tiny room with a bicycle and two treadmills. It wouldn't be adequate for a true workout. There is a pool that is small but refreshing after walking around shopping, etc.

The hotel is within walking distance (.9 miles to the Crab Claw, which I think is one of the furthest restaurants away) of restaurants, shops, the marina, etc. The St. Michael's Winery is very close by, one of the first places you'll come to when you get to S. Talbot Street.

Check in and check out was quick and easy, and the staff were really nice and knowledgeable. I have to give special mention to Stacy, the maintenance manager, who came to my rescue when I stepped in a puddle of tar. If you've never done this before, let me tell you about it: Tar can't be washed off, and the more you touch it, the more it spreads. There was a lot of construction on Chew Street, and I simply wasn't watching where I was going. By the time I got back to the hotel, my foot and Havaiana flip flop were encrusted with gravel, leaves, twigs, and anything else I happened to step on. It was also on my hands and nails from trying to wash it off in a sink.

Stacy came to my rescue with a can of WD-40, wiping the tar easily off the sole of my foot and prying gravel out of the grooves of my sandal. He got me all cleaned up and made me feel less embarrassed than I was when it all began. Afterward, he drove me and my husband to the Crab Claw, which is where we were headed when I met the tar puddle. (This was the hotel's free shuttle service -- not just for people who have minor mishaps :)

A note about restaurants: We loved the Crab Claw, which has the best water views of all the restaurants there. The Crab & Steak was awful (salad soaking in dressing, extremely salty softshell crab, although they did take these off the bill when I brought it to their attention). The Blue Crab Coffee House was good as well. We had the S'Mores dessert at the Harbor Grille after dinner. They wrapped it up for us and gave us two wine glasses to take upstairs and enjoy from our room's deck. We'd bought a bottle of wine at the St. Michael's Winery earlier, which I definitely recommend, too. The tastings were fun and the staff knowledeable.

We didn't visit the Maritime Museum, do a boat ride or ride the bicycles this time, but we would go back in the fall or spring and do something like that.

If you like to shop, eat crabs, drink wine, hang out and enjoy water views, or do some exploring at the museum, I think you'd really enjoy St. Michaels, and the Harborside Inn is a great location to stay while you do all of this.

Room Tip: The waterview rooms are very affordable and have the best views.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I visited St. Michaels for our 25th anniversary and chose the St. Michaels Harbor Inn as our hotel. We were very pleased with the accommodations. The suite was extremely spacious and clean. It had a decent sized jacuzzi and a wonderful view of the water from our balcony. We took a swim in the hotel pool and found that very nice and clean. Check-in and check-out were very easy. The town of St. Michaels is amazing if you are planning a long weekend. You'd likely run out of things to do after that unless you are into boating. The only small gripe is that they charged us about $6 for drinking the two small bottles of water that they left in our room. It seemed a little tacky given the cost of the room. The experience, as a whole, was great and I'm sure we'll be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip J
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Yes, the views are great and the location is close to the lovely little town with beautiful homes and many great restaurants; but for me, the rooms appearance and the amount we paid per night were no way in-sync with each other.

1  Thank cheri_shields
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Large, comfortable, very clean suite with private balcony overlooking bay and marina. Friendly, helpful staff. Water taxi to various bars and restaurants on the bay is a nice convenience. Bistro Restaurant is excellent, with a well-chosen wine list. Crab bisque and chicken entree were of particular note.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan D
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I wanted a relaxing but quick weekend get away for my birthday weekend and we decided on St. Michaels. We stayed at the Harbour Inn Marina & Spa 7 years ago with friends but we stayed docked on a bought on the marina and not at the hotel.

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. We had a lovely room overlooking the marina. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and we were even able to take in a massage and a scrub at the spa. The best part is location. It is so close to Talbot Street and the complimentary bike rentals really add a nice touch.

The hotel could use a little updating, but it was super clean. I think this is a great stay place to stay based on the amenities location and reasonable price. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the marina and away from the elevators.
2  Thank Carrie W
Wades Point Inn on the Bay
Parsonage Inn
Parsonage Inn
#2 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa? Share your experiences!