At the prices for the accommodations and food we were expecting an outstanding time at the Inn at Perry Cabin. The setting is lovely, on the river and our room (a studio) had a very nice view (although diminished by the TV which blocked the windows!) and a small private balcony. The room was nicely furnished and quite spacious, but with only one chair to sit in, and the bathroom was very luxurious -- double sinks, bathtub, shower and separate toilet space.) Beds were OK but linens were quite ordinary.
Check in was really unimpressive. The reservation clerk was curt and completely impersonal. No, "Welcome, to Perry Cabin. We are delighted you are with us." Completely impersonal as if we were checking into a two star hotel. We dined the first night at the restaurant, Stars, which overlooks the water and is nicely positioned on the property. It was incredibly noisy as they had a party of 12 at an adjoining table, who were very loud. Luckily, they left within the first hour we were there. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings and especially enjoyed the pairings. The food was good but not exceptional, which I would expect in a resort of this quality. Although we had reservations for the next two nights in Stars, we cancelled them and ate instead at 208 Talbot across the street, where we had two outstanding meals at half the price, and with very attentive staff.
We had massages at Linden Spa, which were outstanding. Therapists were great and very friendly. The pool is very nice, too, and a staff member did come over to take drink and food orders, but no one assisted with the umbrellas which were essential in the heat. We had to horse them around to get them to cover the lounges.
The question for me is always, "Would I come here again?" and the answer is no. Nice property, but does not meet the standards I would expect for the prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Choice Award Winner, Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond, is a 78 room waterfront estate with a nod to the legendary history of Maryland's fabled Eastern Shore. Cradled by the Chesapeake's Miles River, Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond sits on the edge of St. Michaels, a town steeped in the region's crabbing and oystering traditions. The Inn boasts a top-rated spa, a zero-edge pool, acclaimed dining, Afternoon Tea and countless activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Perry Cabin By Orient-Express Hotel St. Michaels
- Hotel At Perry
- Inn Perry Cabin
- Inn At Perry Cabin By Belmond St. Michaels, Maryland