“Business Trip”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was in Maryland for my business trip, my stay at the hotel was amazing. I am usually picky about things I want during my stay at any hotel. Guy at reception was quite polite and attentive. I liked the cleanliness in the room/Bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
SalisburyHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2012

Thank you for your precious feedback, we really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule and giving us this valuable feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you stay with us in future again. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback!

Henidh Shah

Reviewed 13 August 2012

we came to this hotel comming from Myrtle beach and going to Canada.We were exhausted and wanted just a bed to sleep to keep up for the 1000 km we had to make the day after . Never had a worse experience !!.The room beside ours had children and parents who were cring and speaking very loud at 1 a.m.We asked to been given another room at 1.30 and been told first they do not have available any.After a second call they finaly accepted to give another room.The range for this second one was lower than the previous one.
In the morning when we left the hotel we told to the 2 persons at the front desk that we were very disapointed about the hotel. They told us that that manager will call us in order to arrange for our satisfaction. Is been now 10 days and nobody contacted us so far.
So keep far from this place.!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We picked this hotel because it was 10 miles away from where the Delmarva Shorebirds play. The room was nice and clean but the beds were hard. If you like hard beds you are going to love this place. Also the toilet paper rolls are behind you. Which is weird. Not sure I was ready for a morning work out for thing this morning.

Room Tip: Rooms over top the lounge tend to here the music until midnight. Parking we also found out is in t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to let other potential guests know that we are the place to stay when visiting downtown Salisbury. I appreciate all the great feedback you presented. We look forward to welcoming you back as part of our family in the future.
Henidh Shah

Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel is dirty. The elevators and hall carpets are filthy. I recommended staying at the Holiday Inn as they are always nice and also clean. How wrong I was with this one. The halls
carpeting was filthy. Mattresses were stored in the hall, along with dirty trays from people ordering room service. The room was a lot cleaner, though very old. To my surprise, I did not find any bedbugs. We along with another couple we were traveling with, went to breakfast in the dining room. We were the only people in there. We were served moldy toast. (the waiter was very nice). I certainly do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I do not think anyone in this hotel cares about the word "clean".
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

dear sab867,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Upon my arrival I was excited because they had a river walk located on the property of the hotel. As I entered the hallway to the elevator I was appalled by the stains on the carpet. Then the elevator opens and it didn't get any better from here. As I entered my room I could see that it wasn't very clean. The bathroom and hall floors had a very thick film of dirt on it. I left my flip flops on! I couldn't locate my remote to my tv. Thank god for the maintenance man, he was up in no time with a replacement. As I awoke in the morning I proceeded to make some coffee, located in my ice bucket was an open package with no coffee and an old coffee used filter. Are you kidding me! I was very upset and as I was heading to the front desk with the evidence I ran into the maintenance guy again, told him mproblem he took care of it right away. He proceeded to the front desk and I spoke with Pinal. They both offered their condolences and offered me a free breakfast. Unfortunately I did not have time so I was offered it for my next visit. The staff took serious concern and made my frown an tuned it up to a smile. The only department to blame is housekeeping!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Let's put it this way. Compare apples to apples. So in it's rating standard very good. Wanna compare it to a get away in Hawaii and Vegas or Atlantic city. Be fair Guys. Smoking i think the guests do that not the hotel staff. So for me for my average budget i will stick to going back if you have the big bucks got to vegas.

Room Tip: Corner suites will be great too much sun makes the room livable and enjoyable, Take into considerati...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It's a low end hotel, so expecting it to meet your Trump Plaza expectations is a bit ridiculous. The beds were good, the air conditioning was strong but uncontrollable, rugs in the hallways were dtained and sticky, our room smelled smokey even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, and the shower was a bit gross (the water didn't drain, and there was ample mold all over the grout). There was a fridge in the room, which was nice, and I think the internet was free and reliable. Didn't eat there, but now there's a really nice brewpub a block away (just look both ways when you stagger back across the railroad tracks).

Room Tip: Find out where the baseball / softball teams are staying, and request a room far, far away.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank andyb575
NICK P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear MBS1967,

I am extremely sorry that you had a bad experience during your recent stay with us. First of all let me apologize for the unavailability of hot water. I also apologize that the agent at the desk did not make you aware of the situation as we did with most of our guests giving them option to cancel the reservation without penalty. I have already spoken to the agent that assited you with the check in and hope that such mistakes are not repeated in the future. I am sorry that you were misinformed that I was out of town. I may have not been available during certain hours due to my scheduled hours. Some accidental occurances as the one happened before your stay are beyond our control. During the ongoing winter weather water lines frooze up and created a big mechanical issue at the hotel, but regardless after reviewing your comments I will accept the blame and apologize for not being able to make it right either.

I undrestand that I cannot erase the memory of this experience from your mind but I would like to speak to you if possible and apologize personally. Guest like yourself are very important to us and we do take all comments and concerns very seriously and thrive to work on them and provide better service. Please reply via email a good phone number that I can reach you at.
I hope to get a responce from you soon.
Regards.