“The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is without a doubt the worst I have ever stayed in. We TRIED to go to sleep in our hotel room at midnight but there were numerous people out in the hallways making so much noise that we could not. My son called the front desk and was told by the night manager, Tabitha, that there was nothing that could be done. This was unacceptable. Tabitha refused to give the name and phone number of the hotel's general manager. My son's response was to call 911. When the police arrived they arrested two 'guests' for smoking pot in the adjoining room. They also cleared out the troublemakers. Unfortunately, once the police left the miscreants returns and continued making it impossible to sleep. The police were called again. Finally, around 3:30 am, we were finally able to get to sleep. The next morning the staff, including Tabitha, were completely uncooperative and unconcerned. Bottom line, if you want a good night's sleep in a hotel where the staff takes your comfort seriously, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Christopher E
NICK P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Christopher E,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury for your stay. We value all feedback received by our guests and on behalf of our staff we apologize for the dissatisfaction you and your family encountered during your stay due to the noise. I do recommend for future stays, at any hotel, that you call ahead and check if any events are in town or being held at the hotel you are staying. As a hotel/conference center, we host many events and at check-in you were made aware that there was such an event going on. Our staff takes pride in making guests feel at home and strive to exceed each guest’s expectations. The staff was trying their very best to accommodate you and your family with the issues you encountered and we are working towards a happy medium when booking more than one event at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and if you are ever in the area we would love to see you again and wish you the very best.

Regards,

Nick P.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

If you are visiting this hotel in the near future call ahead and make sure they have not water. Ice cold water pouring out of faucets. We weren't told at check in that this was a MAJOR issue for the entire hotel. (So we had no option to cancel and find a other hotel ). Front desks "story" of situation varied depending on who you spoke with. Some where friendly. Some were argumentative and down right rude. General Manager was out of town...with such big problem he should have been there to assist his staff. We were offered a mere discount off of our nights stay when a refund would much more appropriate. They Are not standing behind the Holiday Inn commitment. Oh and former guests trash was left in the cans in our room at check in and the food was not good. Decor is nice and bed was comfy that's all the positive I can give. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear MBS1967,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate utility issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We got in an accident yesterday and had to stay at this location late last night. But at check in we realized that I had lost my purse somewhere. The agent at the desk asked for my ID and I explained her as to what had happened. I showed her my cars registration and she called the manager. Mr. Patel was very kind and made sure we were checked In and taken care of as I had my 2 kids with me as well. They ordered a pizza for us. The room was very nice and very clean.
Let me tell you Mr. Patel was a blessing in disguise for us, and this morning drove me and my kids to my home in Norfolk as I could not get my rental car without my ID and my hopeless car insurance company couldn't help me.He and his assistant manager helped us out, I offered him money for his time and help but he declined. So we thought the most we could do was let everyone know how good the people working at this hotel are. My sincere thanks to Pinla ( sorry if I may have misspelled it) at the front desk and once again Mr. Patel for his kindness and help. honestly I would recommend this place to everyone.

Thank you all for your help. god bless.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HenidhSha, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear kennyva,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury. We strive to provide excellent hospitality and we are delighted to hear the all staff members were able to assist you with your needs in such a helpful manner. See you again when your plans bring you in Salisbury.
Have a great new year ahead!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn at the suggestion of a friend. The staff was very friendly as well as helpful. For a hotel bar, the bartender was top notch and had plenty of recommendations for places to visit around town. The room was clean with everything in its place. I will certainly come back on our return trip.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank pmanchin

Dear pmanchin,
It is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments about the stay. We always endeavor to make our guests stay better each time. Please do visit us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have traveled all over the world and been on top of the line cruise ships. Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury stands up to anything I have experienced. I was so impressed with so many details that I stopped by the front desk to congratulate the manager on duty. He too was gracious and warm, really first rate. The music is so serene and zen-like, cleanliness throughout the property just wonderful, all is excellent, including your waitstaff in the morning for breakfast and the truly delicious omelette cooked precisely as requested. Prices more than fair, vending machines, a pool, a nice work out room, a pillow bank where one selects the desired firmness, comfortable beds and delicious sheets. I was so relaxed and rested, it was a gift. Everyone I came in contact with was so eager to serve, it was truly unbelievable. The complimentary computer access worked without a hitch, ice water and hot beverages available in the lobby without charge.

Was I dreaming? No, it is all to be found at Holiday Inn Salisbury Downtown. It's my 6th visit to the hotel and the quality just keeps going up.

Thank you for the attention to detail you exemplify and for your courtesy to the traveler. Wish all hotels could be like yours, just great!

Room Tip: 3rd floor, ask for a room not too far from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HenidhSha, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear smyersviolin,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the hotel. We aim to please all of our guests and it’s a pleasure to hear about your wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into town.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband & I have stayed here on a regular basis for both business and pleasure. We are always greeted warmly by all of the staff from Henidh (Sha), Penal, Autumn, Tabitha & all of the front desk staff to Cindy in hospitality & all of the housekeeping/maintenance staff. Problems are addressed promptly. They even miss our dog when she's not with us! During our most recent stay, we had reserved a block of rooms for family & friends who were in town to celebrate my husband's birthday. All who stayed remarked about the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the rooms & the nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Linda K,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write us about your pleasurable stay. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our property. It is truly rewarding when our valued guests recognize the efforts that our staff puts in to make your stay more valuable. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The samtaff is so friendly. Especially Pinal, and Henidh and Cindy in the restaurant. I couldn't ask for a more hospitable stay or awesome hotel. I would recommend this to anyone! The hotel has had a beautiful renovation and everything is so tasteful and serene. The beds are comfortable and I love that they give you different pillow options.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Travelermmw,
Henidh Shah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Sleep Inn Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#4 of 14 in Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury? Share your experiences!