La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chesapeake Inn(Salisbury)
Residence Inn Salisbury(Salisbury)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe river walkocean citydog showlarge roomstaying at this hotelindoor poolwafflesfree breakfastflat screenseagull centurydogsupgradesmicrowavelinensuniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Very clean room with modern furnishings. Some members of my group had issues with no hot water, but mine was PLENTY hot - almost too hot. There's not TOO much in the immediate area, but food and coffee can be found.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pianoman85
NICK P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear pianoman85,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent hospitality for our guests and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when your plans bring you in Salisbury.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

As the manager stated below? It is our responsibility as a guest to check events staying at the hotel? When my wife booked a block of rooms a month prior to our wedding nothing was said that a group of non respectful guest would be staying there when the hotel was very aware of the group that was coming. Our Wedding night was ruined. Trying to get the front desk to control there guest was no help. I had to call the police on my own 2 times which should have been the front desk job since they could not control the situation, 2 of the guest were smoking drugs in the hallway and one was arrested on the officers arrival. at 4:45am it started back up again with the other guest walking up and down the halls with a boom box blaring music. Called holiday inn corp when I returned home. Left a message for the GM at the hotel the following tuesday never got a returned call. Called back again and the front desk said GM had jury duty but this has been over a month ago and still have heard nothing. Users beware This hotel will not accommodate to the smaller groups to keep the business of larger groups. I am upset because our wedding night was ruined and nothing was done on holiday inns side to make up for our loss.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeremy F,

Thank you for your time to write a review. The feedback received by our guests is very important to us here at the Holiday Inn in Salisbury. We greatly apologize for the dissatisfaction you and your family encountered during your stay due to the noise and disturbances. As a hotel/conference center, we do host many big events such as the one that was here during your stay with us. Our staff member who was working during these disturbances did go upstairs to where the noise was supposedly coming from and she stated that when she went up there, the hallways were quiet. The staff was trying their very best to accommodate you and your family with the issues you encountered. If you would like to e-mail me or call me at the hotel I would be more than happy to talk to you one on one about this situation.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is without a doubt the worst I have ever stayed in. We TRIED to go to sleep in our hotel room at midnight but there were numerous people out in the hallways making so much noise that we could not. My son called the front desk and was told by the night manager, Tabitha, that there was nothing that could be done. This was unacceptable. Tabitha refused to give the name and phone number of the hotel's general manager. My son's response was to call 911. When the police arrived they arrested two 'guests' for smoking pot in the adjoining room. They also cleared out the troublemakers. Unfortunately, once the police left the miscreants returns and continued making it impossible to sleep. The police were called again. Finally, around 3:30 am, we were finally able to get to sleep. The next morning the staff, including Tabitha, were completely uncooperative and unconcerned. Bottom line, if you want a good night's sleep in a hotel where the staff takes your comfort seriously, this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Christopher E
NICK P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Christopher E,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury for your stay. We value all feedback received by our guests and on behalf of our staff we apologize for the dissatisfaction you and your family encountered during your stay due to the noise. I do recommend for future stays, at any hotel, that you call ahead and check if any events are in town or being held at the hotel you are staying. As a hotel/conference center, we host many events and at check-in you were made aware that there was such an event going on. Our staff takes pride in making guests feel at home and strive to exceed each guest’s expectations. The staff was trying their very best to accommodate you and your family with the issues you encountered and we are working towards a happy medium when booking more than one event at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and if you are ever in the area we would love to see you again and wish you the very best.

Regards,

Reviewed 26 January 2014

If you are visiting this hotel in the near future call ahead and make sure they have not water. Ice cold water pouring out of faucets. We weren't told at check in that this was a MAJOR issue for the entire hotel. (So we had no option to cancel and find a other hotel ). Front desks "story" of situation varied depending on who you spoke with. Some where friendly. Some were argumentative and down right rude. General Manager was out of town...with such big problem he should have been there to assist his staff. We were offered a mere discount off of our nights stay when a refund would much more appropriate. They Are not standing behind the Holiday Inn commitment. Oh and former guests trash was left in the cans in our room at check in and the food was not good. Decor is nice and bed was comfy that's all the positive I can give. Never again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear MBS1967,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate utility issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We got in an accident yesterday and had to stay at this location late last night. But at check in we realized that I had lost my purse somewhere. The agent at the desk asked for my ID and I explained her as to what had happened. I showed her my cars registration and she called the manager. Mr. Patel was very kind and made sure we were checked In and taken care of as I had my 2 kids with me as well. They ordered a pizza for us. The room was very nice and very clean.
Let me tell you Mr. Patel was a blessing in disguise for us, and this morning drove me and my kids to my home in Norfolk as I could not get my rental car without my ID and my hopeless car insurance company couldn't help me.He and his assistant manager helped us out, I offered him money for his time and help but he declined. So we thought the most we could do was let everyone know how good the people working at this hotel are. My sincere thanks to Pinla ( sorry if I may have misspelled it) at the front desk and once again Mr. Patel for his kindness and help. honestly I would recommend this place to everyone.

Thank you all for your help. god bless.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HenidhSha, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Dear kennyva,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Downtown Salisbury. We strive to provide excellent hospitality and we are delighted to hear the all staff members were able to assist you with your needs in such a helpful manner. See you again when your plans bring you in Salisbury.
Have a great new year ahead!
Henidh Shah