“Let this be your last option!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Let this be your last option!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We reserved our room through Hotel planner. 1st mistake, We were told one rate, I even called before hand to check on my reservation and the pricing, well lets just say when we got here, it was a big ordeal, we had 8 other families stay at same establishment. We were all in town for a beach lax. Every single one of us either got horrible rooms, charged extra, or was given the run around, theres a hotel 6 right beside this place going rate for 54.00 a night. My friend got charged twice and others were charged more, for rooms that were awful! If you get pool side, pray you dont, they do not control other attendents and allow screaming in the court yard, People are drunk falling over, screaming and blasting their music. They also must allow more then 6 in a room, for a standard double bed. The best attraction in this place is the pool, when its open. I will never ever recommend this place to anyone, and Ive been in much better places and payed less for better areas. Please understand, Im not a picky person, But this place is shady! Now unto the how clean the place was. Im sorry, Ive been here for 2 nights and Im writing this review, because I was woken up at 330 am to screaming from people in the courtyard, by the pool. So Im a little tired and my spelling is off. If you must stay here, Do not expect alot, wear flipflops the carpet is filthy, makes your feet black, crumbs under the bed, cobwebs behind the bed frames, the tv channels suck, the comforters are stained, the doors are warped, the walls are patched but not painted to match. Theres one washer and one dryer, very outdated, the ice machine works. Inside your room, we have found different perks, one has a hair dryer, some may have tiny fridges or microwaves, some have tiny coffee makers, and wow theres a safe in each room, by the way at the front lobby it says if anything is stolen or missing they are not responsible. Go figure! I havent found any bedbugs. neither have the 8 different families who are staying here. We all checked just in case. If I had it all over to do again, I would of stayed at the comfort inn or motel 6 the hampton right down the street. I would of paid the extra for the room, because this place is a scam. Im still pissed I was charged more then I was told, I even called hotel planner, they said they could not do anything for us. We accidentlly rented a smoking room, which we did not really care either way. They had asked us would you rather have a non smoking, we said yes that would be great, well they up charged us 40 a night, and they will not refund your money. So needless to say, we were given a room, but just needed to come pick up keys at 4pm. Well they rented our room, Gave us a horrible upgrade, had to move again, the door had huge gap and was warped. The next room was not much better. Only thing nice about the place was the pool.

Room Tip: Do not request pool side, ask for the newer building. especially if its for the weekend. One of our...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank unhappyjune2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We made our reservation through expedia for 1 room and 1 night. When we checked in the front desk clerk said are you checking into more than 1 room ? We said no,we have 1 room for 1 night. He said ok. The next day we had 3 billing transactions on our card. When we called them they said expedia made 5 reservations for us with them. We asked why we were not told this at check in. We spoke with the General Manager Kelly and inquired why we were not told at the time that expedia made additional reservations. She said by him asking if we were checking into more than 1 room he was telling us we had more than 1 reservation. She also said people get upset when they are told that there are additional reservations so they dont tell them. But we could have canceled them at that time if we would have known. They did not credit the charges back and they said they did us a favor because they could have billed us for 5 rooms instead of 3. 6 days later I have additional charges showing on my account from them. When i called today they said they don't show where they billed me any additional charges. We are reporting this to our credit card company. We will never stay here again. Terrible customer service!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank tinam613

Travellers are raving about these Salisbury hotels

Eastville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Aside from the obnoxious smell of the lobby, I booked through Hotels .com where I have never had a problem, carpet in room stained TV only had 4 channels and NO HBO as advertised, but the worst part was being woke up at 2 in the morning by BEDBUGS, they really had nerve to offer me another room. NO Thanks, I asked for a refund, was offered 1/2 my money back. Stopped payment on credit card and spent the rest of night in the car. Save your time and money GO ELSEWHERE. And toilet ran all the time nothing done after informing front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Lisa U
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First i would like to apologize for any inconvinience you experienced while staying here at our hotel. I would like to address the bedbug issue first. When you came to the front desk around 3:43 a.m you had already stayed one night. You did bring to our attention that you had seen bedbugs in the room. At that time we offered to transfer you to another room due to no one being on duty to inspect the room. We have had a guest stay in this room every week for two nights for the past twenty years and checked out two days before your check in day. He has never had this issue. Although this situation is unfortunate we cant thank you enough for bringing this issue to our attention. We have had our exterminators come in and treat this off market room and we will be keeping a close eye on this situation. Also,we are in the process of changing networks thats why when you checked in there was no .HBO. And again we do apologize for any inconviences and hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.
Maryland
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Hotel is outdated and needs extensive renovations. Rooms not clean, and they smell. I have stayed here a few times trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but I am DONE!!! The location of the hotel is good but there are several other hotels within a short distance from this hotel and are great! (Marriott, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express and many others)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mplsings
AMBVISBY, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We are extremly sorry for the negative experiences you had while visiting our hotel. We welcome all constructive critisism, as it helps us to improve our guest satisfaction. If the matter had been reported to the front desk at that moment we would have been more than happy to take immediate action to make your stay more comfortable like changing your room or refunded your entire stay. Our hotel has been rewarded the TOP QUALITY ASSURANCE AWARD for the year 2012 and we are making every effort to improve our service to our customers . I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have to put a review in after reading so many horrible ones. My husband and I and our neighbors booked this hotel for the Sea Gull Century Oct 5-6, 2012 at a pretty late date as most other hotels we tried were full. So we hoped for the best. Thankfully I didn't read these reviews or I would have ran. However, I wouldn't call it America's BEST but it was ok. Upon check in the initial lobby impression was that the hotel was dated and it had that old hotel smell so I was a little nervous. However, the room must have been upgraded because the carpet appeared new and the room clean. You can tell it is a dated hotel but they appear to be updating somewhat. The smell of the room was a STRONG fragrance that hit me like a wall of bricks initially. After turning on the A/C and leaving the door open it aired out and I was ok. Normally if a room is a smoking room I can tell and I don't think this was. There did seem to be alot of fruit flies in the room and the TV stations sucked! We couldn't get the Orioles wild card game! The manager, Kala was very professional and friendly on the phone when I booked and at check in. The "free" breakfast was great! I was impressed with it actually expecting the typical "continental" breakfast but instead we had almost anything you could expect for breakfast. The fresh waffles were awesome. Perfect pre-ride breakfast. We plan on riding the Sea Gull again next year. I don't think I'll stay here again though. I'd prefer a little newer and no fruit flies!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nancy B
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility.We are glad you enjoyed our ammentities we had to offer. We would would also like to apologize for the smell in the room when u first checked in and the fruit flies. We have set traps for fruit flies but unfortunately there is not much we can do to keep them away but I will make sure I address your concerns with the smell of the room with our housekeeping staff to make sure all rooms are fresh upon guest arrival.Customer satisfaction is our goal and we try achieve it to the best of our ability. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I booked this hotel through booking.com after reading the first review which wasn't too bad. When we arrived there, the rude desk clerk was dealing with a patron who had found a bed bug in his room. We checked out the room, and it was filthy. There were people around the pool smoking pot. People passed out in their rooms with the doors open. We didn't feel safe staying there, and we asked for our money back. We were refused. I tried to get a refund though booking.com and they also would not help me. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda T
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest

It is very unfortunate that you had such a bad experience while visiting our property. Upon your arrival to the hotel we had a repeat guest in the lobby making false accusations. This guest has been a guest at our hotel for years and we have had problems with him drinking and sometimes not acting in a calm matter. The statements our guest mentioned at the front desk were not true. In fact, we checked the room out and the only thing that was found is a water bug. We do understand your concerns and we would like to apologize with sincerity. In addition, you mentioned the smell of marijuana in the air. This was not reported to us, however if this matter had been reported at check-in we would have took immediate action to make your stay more comfortable by calling the police. Furthermore, we cannot reimburse you because you did not stay on our property. You claim you went to inspect your room, but you were never checked in. As far as we know there is no evidence of bed bugs on our property. You only overheard what another guest was speculating was bed bugs. This guest has actually apologized for his false accusations and has stayed with us again twice recently. We do not allow drug use or activity on our property. We did all we could do to help our guest have a pleasant stay.

We take your unfortunate situation seriously and we regret your dissatisfaction. We take your comments to heart and would like to take this time to apologize sincerely for any misunderstanding in this situation. We would like for the opportunity to accommodate you in the future and for you to experience a pleasurable and exceptional stay with us.

Emmaus, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2012

you can't beat their price. Some ammenities like ATM machine was not working at the moment and there was cobweb under one of the chairs in the room. Other than that everything was clean, confortable rooms, and General Manager and their hospitality let's you forget about any minor details with no importance. Keep up the good work.
I will definately go back pretty soon as the most importance thing in hospitality is the quality of their poeple and this hotel has it.

Room Tip: The friendliest hotel in Salisbury, Maryland closed to Ocean City Maryland you can't beat their...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
AMBVISBY, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. Sorry that our ATM machine was not working during your stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our service. We do take pride in offering consistant friendly service, and clean, comfy, guest rooms We look forward to welcoming you back.